🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have the blueprint for prosperity

What, you think Texas sucks less after 10 years of Rick Perry...

I can give you three reasons why it doesn't.

State rankings of high school and college graduation rates - The Business Journals

But the figures dip considerably in several states, especially in the South. Mississippi (80.3 percent) and Texas (80.4 percent) bring up the rear in the high school rankings, while West Virginia (17.6 percent) and Arkansas (19.6 percent) are the tailenders on the college side.

Where We Rank | Texas Monthly

50th in

Percentage of population with health insurance Source 50-1
Percentage of high school graduates age 25 and over Source 50-2
of insured low-income children Source 50-3
Average consumer credit score Source 50-4
Per capita spending on government employee wages and salaries Source 50-5
Per capita spending on government administration Source 50-6
Affordability of homeowners’ insurance Source 50-7
Affordability of residential electric bill Source 50-8

49th in

Tax revenue raised per capita Source 49-1
Per capita spending on state arts agencies Source 49-2
Total general expenditures per capita Source 49-3
Per capita spending on water quality Source 49-4
Amount of monthly Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefits paid Source 49-5

MOre from the Second site.

1st in

Child population growth Source 1-1
Percentage of uninsured children Source 1-2
Percentage of home refinance loans that are sub-prime mortgage loans (generally three to four percentage points or more higher than a comparable prime market loan) Source 1-3
Amount of toxic and cancerous manufacturing emissions Source 1-4
Number of clean-water permit violations Source 1-5
Number of environmental civil rights complaints Source 1-6
Per capita consumption of electricity Source 1-7
Number of job discrimination lawsuits filed Source 1-8
Number of deaths attributed to floods Source 1-9
Number of executions Source 1-10

I have only one comment about Texas. if you have a son or daughter who was wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan and suffered burns then you would be thankful for the men and women at Brooke Army Medical in San Antonio, Tx. I know this a good many close and dear friends owe their lives to these good people in Texas and thats pretty much all I need to know, Having said this, every state has something to offer and everyone of us should be happy that Texas is doing well regardless of what party is in power there as it does nothing but helps the economy of this nation as a whole as does when other states economies do well too.

If the quality of life is worse, why are companies and people relocating to Texas from Illinois?

Because rich CEOs don't have to concern themselves with the quality of life of poor people.

I have only one comment about Texas. if you have a son or daughter who was wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan and suffered burns then you would be thankful for the men and women at Brooke Army Medical in San Antonio, Tx. I know this a good many close and dear friends owe their lives to these good people in Texas and thats pretty much all I need to know, Having said this, every state has something to offer and everyone of us should be happy that Texas is doing well regardless of what party is in power there as it does nothing but helps the economy of this nation as a whole as does when other states economies do well too.

My father worked there as a captain in the 50s during Korea. They pioneered treating burns. Nice to know they're still going strong.

If the quality of life is worse, why are companies and people relocating to Texas from Illinois?

Because rich CEOs don't have to concern themselves with the quality of life of poor people.

All the people who work for companies other than the CEO are poor? WHo knew?

Ya know, you might try getting a job with a big company some time. Or talking to people who have. You'd sound a lot less stupid and ignorant if you did.

I have posted volumes of indisputable data for prosperity - from tax rates, to energy policies, to labor laws, and more. At the same time, we have seen the liberal blueprint for poverty (basically everything put forward by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). Well, here is yet another example of conservative policy creating prosperity even in the Obama failed economy...

Texas is getting under some people’s skin. Its population is growing. Its people are becoming more prosperous. It is creating both billionaires and employing more minimum-wage workers than any other state. Its energy sector has thrived—year-over-year drilling has doubled so far in 2014, with 10,000 new wells drilled just since January. Its technology corridor now extends for hundreds of miles along I-35.

Texas is the hottest state economy this side of North Dakota.

But some still refuse to acknowledge the Texas Miracle. The recovery benefits only the rich, they say. Pro-business means pro-big-business. Job growth has merely kept pace with population growth.

But that’s just it. People are moving to Texas, and it certainly is not for the weather. Its population has grown more than 5% just since 2010—a rate exceeded only by North Dakota, another oil-boom state, and the rapidly gentrifying District of Columbia. California, by contrast, lost congressional seats for the first time in state history after the 2010 census.

Texas goes light on regulation, charges no state income tax, reduces barriers to entry and creates a dynamic business climate. California charges high taxes, imposes significant regulations, makes it hard to start a new business and has billions of dollars in debt for pensions owed to retired public employees.

So it should come as no surprise Texas’ business climate is rated in the top 5; California’s is in the bottom 10. Texas has had four times the job growth of California over the last 20 years. Its unemployment is about 50% below California’s and its incomes are growing at a faster pace than California’s.

Texas Is Booming With New Jobs and 'Dirt Cheap' Energy

Texas is experiencing an oil and gas boom, which is great for them. I'm glad they're making use of new technologies to the benefit of their state and our country (although I am getting worried about the sharp rise in earthquakes happening right next to the sharp rise in the use of hydro-fracking here in Oklahoma). But let's not pretend this is a policy achievement.

That 5% growth increase, for instance, is not from domestic migration. In fact, Texas is about breaking even in that respect. The net domestic influx from 2010 to 2011 was just over 80,000, in a state with a population of about 25 million. What's driving that population increase is Texas's massive birth rate (#5 for teen births in 2011) and international immigration.

I have posted volumes of indisputable data for prosperity - from tax rates, to energy policies, to labor laws, and more. At the same time, we have seen the liberal blueprint for poverty (basically everything put forward by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). Well, here is yet another example of conservative policy creating prosperity even in the Obama failed economy...

Texas is getting under some people’s skin. Its population is growing. Its people are becoming more prosperous. It is creating both billionaires and employing more minimum-wage workers than any other state. Its energy sector has thrived—year-over-year drilling has doubled so far in 2014, with 10,000 new wells drilled just since January. Its technology corridor now extends for hundreds of miles along I-35.

But some still refuse to acknowledge the Texas Miracle. The recovery benefits only the rich, they say. Pro-business means pro-big-business. Job growth has merely kept pace with population growth.

But that’s just it. People are moving to Texas, and it certainly is not for the weather. Its population has grown more than 5% just since 2010—a rate exceeded only by North Dakota, another oil-boom state, and the rapidly gentrifying District of Columbia. California, by contrast, lost congressional seats for the first time in state history after the 2010 census.

Texas goes light on regulation, charges no state income tax, reduces barriers to entry and creates a dynamic business climate. California charges high taxes, imposes significant regulations, makes it hard to start a new business and has billions of dollars in debt for pensions owed to retired public employees.

So it should come as no surprise Texas’ business climate is rated in the top 5; California’s is in the bottom 10. Texas has had four times the job growth of California over the last 20 years. Its unemployment is about 50% below California’s and its incomes are growing at a faster pace than California’s.

Texas is experiencing an oil and gas boom, which is great for them. I'm glad they're making use of new technologies to the benefit of their state and our country (although I am getting worried about the sharp rise in earthquakes happening right next to the sharp rise in the use of hydro-fracking here in Oklahoma). But let's not pretend this is a policy achievement.

That 5% growth increase, for instance, is not from domestic migration. In fact, Texas is about breaking even in that respect. The net domestic influx from 2010 to 2011 was just over 80,000, in a state with a population of about 25 million. What's driving that population increase is Texas's massive birth rate (#5 for teen births in 2011) and international immigration.

Other states produce oil, like California. Yet their economies are nowhere near as good as Texas'.
/fail.

Other states produce oil, like California. Yet their economies are nowhere near as good as Texas'.
/fail.

The North Dakota oil boom

The boom has given the state of North Dakota, a state with a 2013 population of about 725,000, a billion-dollar budget surplus. North Dakota, which ranked 38th in per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001, rose steadily with the Bakken boom, and now has per capita GDP 29% above the national average.

Ya know, you might try getting a job with a big company some time. Or talking to people who have. You'd sound a lot less stupid and ignorant if you did.

When a rich CEO decides to move the company, the pissants at the bottom don't have much choice, do they? Either move with the company (if that's even a choice given to them) or find a new job. So, those people hardly count. BTW I do work firca big company - 10k employees.

/fail.

The boom has given the state of North Dakota, a state with a 2013 population of about 725,000, a billion-dollar budget surplus. North Dakota, which ranked 38th in per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001, rose steadily with the Bakken boom, and now has per capita GDP 29% above the national average.

ND not the only other state producing oil.
/fail.

When a rich CEO decides to move the company, the pissants at the bottom don't have much choice, do they? Either move with the company (if that's even a choice given to them) or find a new job. So, those people hardly count. BTW I do work firca big company - 10k employees.

So you're saying people employed in the company, like VPs and heads of divisions, are poor. Got it.
You're a dunce. The only company with 10k employees you've ever worked for is in MLM.

/fail.

ND not the only other state producing oil.
/fail.

lol, why would all oil-producing states have an oil boom?

Look, Texas sits on something called the Eagle Ford shale, which is only tappable now because of those new technologies I told you about (fracking and, arguably the more impressive, horizontal drilling).

Gas_Production_from_Eagle_Ford_2000-2013.png

Eagleford_Oil.png

It's a similar situation for North Dakota, which has the Bakken shale.

/read

Last edited:

They don't? Are they slaves?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

I can hardly get through these threads anymore. Our Progressives have bought the communist world view. Its sad and sick. They talk about people (I imagine they're talking about themselves) as if they have no employable skills, they're just some mindless drone

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Navy you are looking at this as a non-partisan....shame on you....

/fail.

Liberty fosters prosperity.....something California has to learn again.....and Texas has to watch it doesnt go down the same path California has gone down....like everyone from all over flocking to your State and turning it into a mess....

lol, why would all states have an oil boom?

^^Reading and logic challenged.

Rabbi Rules!

lol, could have been worded better. Changed.

Weird, those graphs still dispute your posts.
Now it means the opposite of what you posted. And your graphs still support the statement?
/fail. Utter fail.

The bottom line is that while an oil boom has probably helped Texas it does not explain the state's remarkable job growth.

Forum List

Back