🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have the blueprint for prosperity

How could I be dishonest when military spending is mentioned in my post? Anyway, Texas is a leech on the fed tit.

How could I be dishonest when military spending is mentioned in my post? Anyway, Texas is a leech on the fed tit.

That's your assumption. Take out military spending, i.e. the federal government paying for something it is getting, and I'll bet Texas is no different from NY.

You forgot to include the previous paragraphs in your post, rabbi.

In 2001, the federal government gave a combined $41 billion in benefits to Texans enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, according to Census Bureau data.

The cost of those programs more than doubled by 2010, the most recent available data, to $94.2 billion. But the population grew by only about one-fifth.

One reason entitlement spending rose so sharply is that Texas had more poor residents at the end of the decade. The share of Texans living in poverty grew faster than overall population growth and hit 18 percent in 2010, up one-third from a decade earlier.

You forgot to include the previous paragraphs in your post, rabbi.

In 2001, the federal government gave a combined $41 billion in benefits to Texans enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, according to Census Bureau data.

The cost of those programs more than doubled by 2010, the most recent available data, to $94.2 billion. But the population grew by only about one-fifth.

One reason entitlement spending rose so sharply is that Texas had more poor residents at the end of the decade. The share of Texans living in poverty grew faster than overall population growth and hit 18 percent in 2010, up one-third from a decade earlier.

Many of them illegal immigrants from Mexico.

Keep spinning. You cannot erase the success that Texas has shown. Ask Toyota, which moved its corporate headquarters there from CA. Or any of the other companies fleeing CA for Texas.

any 'leeching' is coming from across the border.....encouraged by the Democraps open border policies....notice in the last presidential electoral map where the blue-voting counties are located....right next to Mexico.....and of course 'blue' Austin is the capitol and center for 'leeching' government types....

TexasElectoralMap.gif

Last edited:
And, at the end of the day, at least they've created jobs in Texas as opposed to government-dependent parasites that liberal states like California have created.

Texas takes in more federal money than they pay back. Sounds like Texas can't survive without the fed. Bunch of parasites.

So stop unconstitutionally funneling federal dollars to them. Problem solved.

Hey, and here's a good one.

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Texas #26 11 per 100,000

Illinois #31 9.7 per 100,000

Once again, the result of Obama and the Dumbocrats running illegal guns into Mexico and then running illegal Mexicans into the U.S. through the Texas border in hopes of legalizing them and winning their illegal votes to ensure power for themselves and their party.

How about Washington D.C. being #1 on that list while banning firearms? Way to defeat your own argument (psst - you might want to read the entire article before posting). Oops...

Um, guy, you were making a claim that Texas is an economic paradise compared to IL.

When in fact, it routinely ranks last amongst states in most quality of life issues.

Why doesn't Texas man up and stop leeching?

Because liberals unconstitutionally steal hundred of billions from Texas every year. Why wouldn't they try to recoup as much of that as they can?!?

This is like when liberals go on tv and say that "you never see conservatives cutting up their social security card". Well DUH! If you're going to charge me for a product, no matter how shitty the product is, I'm going to insist that I get to take it home with me. Let me opt out of Social Security, return all of my money, and watch how fast I burn my Social Security card.

Hey, and here's a good one.

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Texas #26 11 per 100,000

Illinois #31 9.7 per 100,000

Once again, the result of Obama and the Dumbocrats running illegal guns into Mexico and then running illegal Mexicans into the U.S. through the Texas border in hopes of legalizing them and winning their illegal votes to ensure power for themselves and their party.

How about Washington D.C. being #1 on that list while banning firearms? Way to defeat your own argument (psst - you might want to read the entire article before posting). Oops...

Um, guy, you were making a claim that Texas is an economic paradise compared to IL.

When in fact, it routinely ranks last amongst states in most quality of life issues.

Um, chief, I was simply sharing the FACTS that Texas is an economic paradise compared to Illinois.

And because you couldn't dispute that, you changed the subject from ECONOMICS to CRIME. Mmmm....I wonder why that is? :eusa_shhh:

Care to get back on track? If not, I'd be glad to discuss how Obama and the Dumbocrats have ensured a high crime rate along any border state.

So we've addressed taxes and energy. How about education now...

Why drop $60,000 per year to attend liberal cesspools where they hire domestic terrorists (Bill Ayers - University of Chicago) or communists who preach a plan to collapse America (Cloward & Frances Piven - Columbia University) and "teach" nothing but depraved promiscuity (proof HERE) all so you can graduate with $240,000 in debt when you can get an actual education for free?

Looking for the biggest bargain in higher education? I think I found it in this rural Missouri town, 40 miles south of Springfield, nestled in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. The school is College of the Ozarks, and it operates on an education model that could overturn the perverse method of financing college education that is turning this generation of young adults into a permanent debtor class.

At this college, the tuition is nowhere near the $150,000 to $200,000 for a four-year degree that the elite top-tier universities are charging. At College of the Ozarks, tuition is free. That’s right. The school’s nearly 1,400 students don’t pay a dime in tuition during their time there.

So what’s the catch? All the college’s students—without exception—pay for their education by working 15 hours a week on campus. The jobs are plentiful because this school—just a few miles from Branson, a popular tourist destination—operates its own mill, a power plant, fire station, four-star restaurant and lodge, museum and dairy farm.

This College Takes Hard Work Seriously -- And Kids Want to Go There

It's funny - liberals are all over USMB crying about the cost of a college education, demanding that the American tax payer foot the bill for it (like everything else), and insisting that the government intercede to "solve" the problem. Yet they are conspicuously silent on this FREE college. The most dirt-poor liberal in America has no excuse. Kind of proves that it was never about cost with liberals - it was about freebies and handouts. They aren't willing to work for anything.

[

Um, chief, I was simply sharing the FACTS that Texas is an economic paradise compared to Illinois.

And because you couldn't dispute that, you changed the subject from ECONOMICS to CRIME. Mmmm....I wonder why that is? :eusa_shhh:

Care to get back on track? If not, I'd be glad to discuss how Obama and the Dumbocrats have ensured a high crime rate along any border state.

Average GDP in Texas is $3000 a year lower than IL.

It also has worse schools, worse quality of life, less people who finish High School, and a whole bunch of others.

Hey, guy, I know this might be a stretch for you, but a society that only works for rich people isn't working.

[

Average GDP in Texas is $3000 a year lower than IL.

It also has worse schools, worse quality of life, less people who finish High School, and a whole bunch of others.

Hey, guy, I know this might be a stretch for you, but a society that only works for rich people isn't working.

Median income for Texas has risen for the past 5 years.
Median income for Illinois has declined for the past 5 years.

If the quality of life is worse, why are companies and people relocating to Texas from Illinois?

I have posted volumes of indisputable data for prosperity - from tax rates, to energy policies, to labor laws, and more. At the same time, we have seen the liberal blueprint for poverty (basically everything put forward by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). Well, here is yet another example of conservative policy creating prosperity even in the Obama failed economy...

Texas is getting under some people’s skin. Its population is growing. Its people are becoming more prosperous. It is creating both billionaires and employing more minimum-wage workers than any other state. Its energy sector has thrived—year-over-year drilling has doubled so far in 2014, with 10,000 new wells drilled just since January. Its technology corridor now extends for hundreds of miles along I-35.

Texas is the hottest state economy this side of North Dakota.

But some still refuse to acknowledge the Texas Miracle. The recovery benefits only the rich, they say. Pro-business means pro-big-business. Job growth has merely kept pace with population growth.

But that’s just it. People are moving to Texas, and it certainly is not for the weather. Its population has grown more than 5% just since 2010—a rate exceeded only by North Dakota, another oil-boom state, and the rapidly gentrifying District of Columbia. California, by contrast, lost congressional seats for the first time in state history after the 2010 census.

Texas goes light on regulation, charges no state income tax, reduces barriers to entry and creates a dynamic business climate. California charges high taxes, imposes significant regulations, makes it hard to start a new business and has billions of dollars in debt for pensions owed to retired public employees.

So it should come as no surprise Texas’ business climate is rated in the top 5; California’s is in the bottom 10. Texas has had four times the job growth of California over the last 20 years. Its unemployment is about 50% below California’s and its incomes are growing at a faster pace than California’s.

Texas Is Booming With New Jobs and 'Dirt Cheap' Energy
Nice, but I still ain't voting for a republican ever again: they create wars that breeds liberals and stupidity.

And, at the end of the day, at least they've created jobs in Texas as opposed to government-dependent parasites that liberal states like California have created.

Texas takes in more federal money than they pay back. Sounds like Texas can't survive without the fed. Bunch of parasites.

$100 says a majority of those parasites are in the country illegally.

Compare Texas to Illinois and it's like West Germany to East Germany. It is simply indisputable that high taxes and high levels of regulation destroy prosperity.

Yet per capita income is higher in IL than Texas despite IL having a higher unemployment rate.

Best States to Live statistics - states compared - StateMaster

Best state to live- IL- #31, Texas #45.

Percent below poverty level statistics - states compared - Statemaster

Poorest state-

TX - #8 with 16.6% below the poverty line, IL - #29 with 11.9% below the poverty line.

Your first link is based on 9 year old data and your second link is info from 10 years ago.

FAIL!

Forum List

Back