We have the blueprint for prosperity

Texas is experiencing an oil and gas boom, which is great for them. I'm glad they're making use of new technologies to the benefit of their state and our country (although I am getting worried about the sharp rise in earthquakes happening right next to the sharp rise in the use of hydro-fracking here in Oklahoma). But let's not pretend this is a policy achievement.

That 5% growth increase, for instance, is not from domestic migration. In fact, Texas is about breaking even in that respect. The net domestic influx from 2010 to 2011 was just over 80,000, in a state with a population of about 25 million. What's driving that population increase is Texas's massive birth rate (#5 for teen births in 2011) and international immigration.

Other states produce oil, like California. Yet their economies are nowhere near as good as Texas'.
/fail.

Liberty fosters prosperity.....something California has to learn again.....and Texas has to watch it doesnt go down the same path California has gone down....like everyone from all over flocking to your State and turning it into a mess....

That happened in CO. Bunch of Californicators fled the state and settled there. And then voted for the same shitty fucked up policies they had just fled from. Now Colorado is on the verge of becoming SanFran East with gun bans and shit.

I have posted volumes of indisputable data for prosperity - from tax rates, to energy policies, to labor laws, and more. At the same time, we have seen the liberal blueprint for poverty (basically everything put forward by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). Well, here is yet another example of conservative policy creating prosperity even in the Obama failed economy...

Texas is getting under some people’s skin. Its population is growing. Its people are becoming more prosperous. It is creating both billionaires and employing more minimum-wage workers than any other state. Its energy sector has thrived—year-over-year drilling has doubled so far in 2014, with 10,000 new wells drilled just since January. Its technology corridor now extends for hundreds of miles along I-35.

Texas is the hottest state economy this side of North Dakota.

But some still refuse to acknowledge the Texas Miracle. The recovery benefits only the rich, they say. Pro-business means pro-big-business. Job growth has merely kept pace with population growth.

But that’s just it. People are moving to Texas, and it certainly is not for the weather. Its population has grown more than 5% just since 2010—a rate exceeded only by North Dakota, another oil-boom state, and the rapidly gentrifying District of Columbia. California, by contrast, lost congressional seats for the first time in state history after the 2010 census.

Texas goes light on regulation, charges no state income tax, reduces barriers to entry and creates a dynamic business climate. California charges high taxes, imposes significant regulations, makes it hard to start a new business and has billions of dollars in debt for pensions owed to retired public employees.

So it should come as no surprise Texas’ business climate is rated in the top 5; California’s is in the bottom 10. Texas has had four times the job growth of California over the last 20 years. Its unemployment is about 50% below California’s and its incomes are growing at a faster pace than California’s.

Texas Is Booming With New Jobs and 'Dirt Cheap' Energy

Texas is experiencing an oil and gas boom, which is great for them. I'm glad they're making use of new technologies to the benefit of their state and our country (although I am getting worried about the sharp rise in earthquakes happening right next to the sharp rise in the use of hydro-fracking here in Oklahoma). But let's not pretend this is a policy achievement.

That 5% growth increase, for instance, is not from domestic migration. In fact, Texas is about breaking even in that respect. The net domestic influx from 2010 to 2011 was just over 80,000, in a state with a population of about 25 million. What's driving that population increase is Texas's massive birth rate (#5 for teen births in 2011) and international immigration.

Who cares about the population increase?!? You're missing the entire point of the article - which is the policies Texas is employing have created prosperity even in the nightmare known as the Obama economy.

They are aggressively harvesting energy, have no state income tax, and keep regulations to a minimum so that business can prosper. Imagine what the U.S. has a whole could do if we rid Washington of the cancer known as Obama, Pelosi, and Reid and replace it with these policies.

Now it means the opposite of what you posted. And your graphs still support the statement?
/fail. Utter fail.

The bottom line is that while an oil boom has probably helped Texas it does not explain the state's remarkable job growth.

Well first, I accept your concession that there is, in fact, an oil boom and that it is bolstering Texas's economy.

As to the degree of that bolstering, while the oil and gas boom is not the sole contributing factor, it is most likely the greatest one.

As a recent issue of Texas Monthly notes, in once-sleeping towns like Cotulla... the population has more than tripled in the past two years, and no fewer than thirteen new hotels have opened, along with numerous “man camps,” to accommodate the influx of oil rig workers.

And just in case you think stories like that are anecdotal and aren't happening on a scale to be the largest influence in Texas's economic boom:

Between 1998 and 2011, for example, the percent of Texas GDP produced directly by oil and gas extraction more than doubled, according to the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis. This doesn’t even count the growth of related industries, like oil refining and a petrochemical sector now thriving on the state’s abundant supplies of natural gas. Meanwhile, the share of the Texas economy produced by the information, communications, and technology sectors is 27 percent smaller than it was in 1998.

The oil boom is the bedrock on which even jobs in unrelated fields are being built, the same way Hollywood is essentially built on filmmaking. Otherwise, you can chalk this job growth up mostly to just keeping up with Texas's expanding population - which, as I've noted, has more to do a birth rate pushed high by teen pregnancies, and international immigration, than any domestic migration.

Texas on the Brink: Too Few Graduates, Too Many Uninsured

"How’s Texas doing? Not so great: The state ranks 50th in high school graduation rate"

Just wait until company's realize what they are dealing with ,with the texas yahoo's like rick perry and Cheap ignorant hayseed yahoo labor.

You get what you pay for.

Texas on the Brink: We Can Do Better

As with many things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Texas is nowhere near as great as Rotty thinks and nowhere near as bad as you think.

I have posted volumes of indisputable data for prosperity - from tax rates, to energy policies, to labor laws, and more. At the same time, we have seen the liberal blueprint for poverty (basically everything put forward by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). Well, here is yet another example of conservative policy creating prosperity even in the Obama failed economy...

Texas is getting under some people’s skin. Its population is growing. Its people are becoming more prosperous. It is creating both billionaires and employing more minimum-wage workers than any other state. Its energy sector has thrived—year-over-year drilling has doubled so far in 2014, with 10,000 new wells drilled just since January. Its technology corridor now extends for hundreds of miles along I-35.

Texas is the hottest state economy this side of North Dakota.

But some still refuse to acknowledge the Texas Miracle. The recovery benefits only the rich, they say. Pro-business means pro-big-business. Job growth has merely kept pace with population growth.

But that’s just it. People are moving to Texas, and it certainly is not for the weather. Its population has grown more than 5% just since 2010—a rate exceeded only by North Dakota, another oil-boom state, and the rapidly gentrifying District of Columbia. California, by contrast, lost congressional seats for the first time in state history after the 2010 census.

Texas goes light on regulation, charges no state income tax, reduces barriers to entry and creates a dynamic business climate. California charges high taxes, imposes significant regulations, makes it hard to start a new business and has billions of dollars in debt for pensions owed to retired public employees.

So it should come as no surprise Texas’ business climate is rated in the top 5; California’s is in the bottom 10. Texas has had four times the job growth of California over the last 20 years. Its unemployment is about 50% below California’s and its incomes are growing at a faster pace than California’s.

Texas Is Booming With New Jobs and 'Dirt Cheap' Energy

Who cares about the population increase?!? You're missing the entire point of the article - which is the policies Texas is employing have created prosperity even in the nightmare known as the Obama economy.

They are aggressively harvesting energy, have no state income tax, and keep regulations to a minimum so that business can prosper. Imagine what the U.S. has a whole could do if we rid Washington of the cancer known as Obama, Pelosi, and Reid and replace it with these policies.

You brought up the population increase. So, you care? I guess?

And maybe you missed the whole page where I explained that this "prosperity" is mostly the result of an oil and gas boom, not policy.

Also, it's nice that Texas has no state income tax, but it doesn't mean it has the smallest tax burden for citizens.

...non-elderly Californians with family income in the middle 20 percent of the income distribution pay combined state and local taxes amounting to 8.2 percent of their income, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy; by contrast, their counterparts in Texas pay 8.6 percent.

True. Story.

As to prospering businesses, you mean large petroleum corporations. Which, you know what? That is not a bad thing where I come from. But don't try to sell me on this prosperity reaching to small business owners.

...But for the vast majority of businesses, which are small and not politically connected, Texas doesn’t offer any tax advantages and is in many ways a harder place to do business. This is consistent with Census Bureau data showing that a smaller share of people in Texas own their own business than in all but four other states.

I basically agree with auditor0007. Texas really is a nice place to live, I think. But government policy is definitely not responsible for its current job growth, unless you count abstinence-only sex education. And there's nothing about the tax situation that makes it a better place to live or start a business than anywhere else in America.

Other states produce oil, like California. Yet their economies are nowhere near as good as Texas'.
/fail.

Liberty fosters prosperity.....something California has to learn again.....and Texas has to watch it doesnt go down the same path California has gone down....like everyone from all over flocking to your State and turning it into a mess....

That happened in CO. Bunch of Californicators fled the state and settled there. And then voted for the same shitty fucked up policies they had just fled from. Now Colorado is on the verge of becoming SanFran East with gun bans and shit.

yea the few thousand Californians that moved there over the years changed Colorado.........no one else had any impact?.....like others from other States who also moved there and the millions of people who already live there,they just went along with them right?........sounds like an excuse to me......

[

Um, chief, I was simply sharing the FACTS that Texas is an economic paradise compared to Illinois.

And because you couldn't dispute that, you changed the subject from ECONOMICS to CRIME. Mmmm....I wonder why that is? :eusa_shhh:

Care to get back on track? If not, I'd be glad to discuss how Obama and the Dumbocrats have ensured a high crime rate along any border state.

Average GDP in Texas is $3000 a year lower than IL.

It also has worse schools, worse quality of life, less people who finish High School, and a whole bunch of others.

Hey, guy, I know this might be a stretch for you, but a society that only works for rich people isn't working.

Really? Then why have the wife and I been able to make close to three hundred grand a year before I retired and neither one of us has a college degree? It's the land of opportunity if you have a work ethic.

If the quality of life is worse, why are companies and people relocating to Texas from Illinois?

Because rich CEOs don't have to concern themselves with the quality of life of poor people.

Funny..I was never a CEO neither was my wife yet I retired at 46 and my wife will retire next year at 47. Ya gotta be a moron or an illegal not to succeed in Texas.

Texas is a race to the bottom where the real work is done by illegals.

I wonder if Rott-liar lives in Texas.

If not...why not?

Because my life is somewhere else... I'm gainfully employed (always have been) and have my family where I live. What reason would I have to move to Texas? Just because an uninformed, brainwashed liberal challenged me to on a message board? You can always count on CC to provide vintage liberal "logic"! :bang3:

It's so "great" you won't move there....gotcha. Can't blame you. If I were going to give the world and enema, I'd stick the nozzle in Texas.

[

Um, chief, I was simply sharing the FACTS that Texas is an economic paradise compared to Illinois.

And because you couldn't dispute that, you changed the subject from ECONOMICS to CRIME. Mmmm....I wonder why that is? :eusa_shhh:

Care to get back on track? If not, I'd be glad to discuss how Obama and the Dumbocrats have ensured a high crime rate along any border state.

It also has worse schools, worse quality of life, less people who finish High School, and a whole bunch of others.

Hey, guy, I know this might be a stretch for you, but a society that only works for rich people isn't working.

Bump-worthy

Now it means the opposite of what you posted. And your graphs still support the statement?
/fail. Utter fail.

The bottom line is that while an oil boom has probably helped Texas it does not explain the state's remarkable job growth.

Well first, I accept your concession that there is, in fact, an oil boom and that it is bolstering Texas's economy.

As to the degree of that bolstering, while the oil and gas boom is not the sole contributing factor, it is most likely the greatest one.

As a recent issue of Texas Monthly notes, in once-sleeping towns like Cotulla... the population has more than tripled in the past two years, and no fewer than thirteen new hotels have opened, along with numerous “man camps,” to accommodate the influx of oil rig workers.

And just in case you think stories like that are anecdotal and aren't happening on a scale to be the largest influence in Texas's economic boom:

Between 1998 and 2011, for example, the percent of Texas GDP produced directly by oil and gas extraction more than doubled, according to the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis. This doesn’t even count the growth of related industries, like oil refining and a petrochemical sector now thriving on the state’s abundant supplies of natural gas. Meanwhile, the share of the Texas economy produced by the information, communications, and technology sectors is 27 percent smaller than it was in 1998.

The oil boom is the bedrock on which even jobs in unrelated fields are being built, the same way Hollywood is essentially built on filmmaking. Otherwise, you can chalk this job growth up mostly to just keeping up with Texas's expanding population - which, as I've noted, has more to do a birth rate pushed high by teen pregnancies, and international immigration, than any domestic migration.

That doesn't really prove why companies are moving from other states to Texas.
So I guess you fail really and truly.

/fail. Utter fail.

Have any companies moved from Texas to other states in the past 5 years?

I'm sure it's happened. Companies move all the time for all kinds of reasons.
Go research it and let us know what you find.

[

Really? Then why have the wife and I been able to make close to three hundred grand a year before I retired and neither one of us has a college degree? It's the land of opportunity if you have a work ethic.

I know a lot of people with work ethics who are struggling. But that's okay, man.

Just remember the Republican Mantra.

"I've got mine, Fuck You!"

And then wonder why you keep losing elections.

What a stupid fucking rabbit.
Companies are not moving to Texas for taxes and oil and gas. They are moving to Texas because companies move for all kinds of reasons.

And when companies move out of Texas, it is not because they can't find any educated workers.

They are moving out of Texas because companies move for all kinds of reasons.

The rabid rabbit says so. Companies just like to spend big bucks to move their operations just because they can.

No reason. Rabbit says so.

Companies are not moving to Texas for taxes and oil and gas. They are moving to Texas because companies move for all kinds of reasons.

And when companies move out of Texas, it is not because they can't find any educated workers.

The rabid rabbit says so. Companies just like to spend big bucks to move their operations just because they can.

It's Zeke, idiot stumpbroke of USMB with a particularly incoherent post. Crack in the morning?

If this doesn't prove that [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] is one of the most illiterate, dumbest motherfuckers on USMB, then nothing will.

I highlighted above what Rabbi actually said in blue, then highlighted Zeke's really ignorant, fucked up interpretation in red.

Rabbi clearly said companies move "for all kinds of reasons" and dumb-ass, high school drop-out, government dependent parasite Zeke interprets that as "for NO reason". No wonder this loser can't hold a job.

I'm sure it's happened. Companies move all the time for all kinds of reasons.[/B]

If this doesn't prove that [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] is one of the most illiterate, dumbest motherfuckers on USMB, then nothing will.

I highlighted above what Rabbi actually said in blue, then highlighted Zeke's really ignorant, fucked up interpretation in red.

Rabbi clearly said companies move "for all kinds of reasons" and dumb-ass, high school drop-out, government dependent parasite Zeke interprets that as "for NO reason". No wonder this loser can't hold a job.

Hey, Rott. Be easy on Zeke-man. It's tough being a stumpbroke dumbshit living out of a trailer with no education. I dont know how he manages to turn on his computer.

Hey look. It is the rabid rabbit and the stupid rotty show.

Lets see, I am finishing my brerakfats

I know a lot of people with work ethics who are struggling. But that's okay, man.

Just remember the Republican Mantra.

"I've got mine, Fuck You!"

And then wonder why you keep losing elections.

Joe did you get any American newspapers in 2010?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Forum List

Back