We KNEW it would happen sooner or later.. Vegas victim suing

Las Vegas shooting: Lawsuit filed as new questions raised over timeline - CNN
California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.
To me, they are on the right track by suing the hotel, but what does the concert promoter have to do with what happened?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Why is the hotel responsible? What could they have done to prevent it? Nothing!

Why is the concert promoter liable? The attacker was not even on their grounds.

The bump stock manufacturer cannot be sued unless the person was injured by a defective bump stock while using it.

^^^ How could the guy's extra "luggage" not be noticed while being at the hotel? It was brought in when he first showed up and was given a key to the room he did his shooting from. How many days had he been there so far before the shooting took place? How could the cleaning staff not pick up on anything where his staying there was concerned?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice the shooter's behavior in several instances.
Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM, of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
The lawsuit, which also names the shooter's estate and other entities, comes as an MGM employee says he owes his life to Campos' heroism, and as Lombardo tells the local newspaper that he refuses "to say that somebody dropped the ball."
---
Frivolous bullshit.
I bet she was in tears of joy before she even felt the blood coming out.
Dont even know the motive and already there are law suits.... SMH
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
Well yeah, but riddle me this ... in this day and age, how does somebody get 20 guns into a hotel room? This wasn't one drunk hitting another one and MGM getting sued for not enough rent a cops.

Over a period of days?

Easy.

Most guns break down and fit very well into a suitcase or clothing bag.

I never bullied anyone but I'm sure you have.

But please show off your legal prowess and explain to us all how a legal accessory made a legal rifle illegal.

But let me go make some popcorn first. I find it goes well with comedy.
I won't be able to say anything to you that will make you see some sense and try to do something about all the mass shootings. You're fucking hopeless as a human being.

So you can't tell me how a legal accessory made a legal rifle illegal?

It should be easy for you if your brain is half the size of your mouth
You already know, but just want to make a fool out of yourself trying to rationalize it. YAWN!

No I don't know how a LEGAL accessory makes a LEGAL rifle illegal.

Explain it. You're the expert so present your case.
If you add oxicontin to baby formula, you've just made an illegal product from two legal products. Now you know.

Pharmaceutical drugs aren't illegal.

I won't be able to say anything to you that will make you see some sense and try to do something about all the mass shootings. You're fucking hopeless as a human being.

You already know, but just want to make a fool out of yourself trying to rationalize it. YAWN!

If you add oxicontin to baby formula, you've just made an illegal product from two legal products. Now you know.

oxycontin is a scheduled drug. nitrogen based garden fertilizers are legal too------car bombs are not

The second you make a bomb that bomb is illegal. So you are placing an illegal device in a legal car.

The bump stock is legal the gun is legal the two together are not illegal

Now I am doing this to make a point you people never seem to understand.

It's not the gun
It's not the bump stock
It's not the car
it's not the fertilizer It is the ACTION of the person that matters

The objects discussed are irrelevant to the intention and action of the person wielding them

Ugh... we're going to end up with a TSA... HSA at all hotels and we'll all get to file through x-rays every time we walk in the hotel... All the fire exits and secondary entrances will have to be monitored, the parking lots will have to be fenced in and shit. Hotel lobbyists are gonna be making bank for the next couple years that's for damned sure... Holy shit, the left actually has a suggestion that creates private sector jobs! Maybe there's hope yet...

Oxicontin can be legal too! Sorry to destroy your argument there!
Thart's what I'm saying, oxy (legal) + Baby formula (legal) = A product that's illegal

The objects discussed are irrelevant to the intention and action of the person wielding them
So if the Vegas shooter didn't have the firepower that he had, how does he shoot 600 people from a window far away in the 10 or so minutes it took to find him? :popcorn:

As per my husband (special forces West Point): "He actually would have killed more single shot, especially when they started running. Thick and standing still "auto" fire 'might' get you more hits, but generally the recoil throws your barrel up so after a few shot's, maybe six or so, he was likely over target and not hitting anything. Husband thinks that he "lost his gut" (I guess its common when you kill someone the first time or something) and actually gave up long before the police got there. He feels that if the guy was serious about killing folks, he would have killed a shit ton more than he had.

---

I'm not sure I agree with my husband as to the end there, I mean I could see that the guy didn't realize how firing was gonna be and everything so he just sucked at aiming and such. Though really without a motive it's nigh impossible to know what was going through his head. I'm wondering if he said anything on the video he supposedly made that might clue us all in on what was going through his mind.

Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.

Why are you this vindictive?

The bump stock manufacturer was negligent for putting this product on the market. The hotel was negligent in that they had a report there was an armed man in that room who shot a security guard and they waited to warn anyone.

Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

Why are you this vindictive?

The bump stock manufacturer was negligent for putting this product on the market. The hotel was negligent in that they had a report there was an armed man in that room who shot a security guard and they waited to warn anyone.

I'd like to see your source that the hotel "waited to warn anyone" please.

It was all over the news yesterday. Try to pay attention.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/11/mandalay-bay-staffers-didnt-call-cops-after-security-guard-was-shot/

Hotel staffers at the Mandalay Bay did not call Las Vegas police until after Stephen Paddock started his mass shooting spree, according to phone records.

An anonymous source who has reviewed the records told ABC’s “World News Tonight” that employees initially refused to alert authorities — even after security guard Jesus Campos took a bullet to the leg.

Campos reportedly alerted his superiors and informed them about Paddock after being shot by him, but strangely, nobody called the cops, the source said.

In addition, security staffers failed to notify police when Mandalay Bay maintenance engineer Stephen Schuck told them that he, too, was being fired at.

“Call the police, someone is firing a gun up here. Someone is firing a rifle on the 32nd floor down the hallway,” Schuck can be heard saying on audio tapes released Wednesday by the hotel.

These cocksuckers are SOOOOOOO getting sued.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/11/mandalay-bay-staffers-didnt-call-cops-after-security-guard-was-shot/

Hotel staffers at the Mandalay Bay did not call Las Vegas police until after Stephen Paddock started his mass shooting spree, according to phone records.

An anonymous source who has reviewed the records told ABC’s “World News Tonight” that employees initially refused to alert authorities — even after security guard Jesus Campos took a bullet to the leg.

Campos reportedly alerted his superiors and informed them about Paddock after being shot by him, but strangely, nobody called the cops, the source said.

In addition, security staffers failed to notify police when Mandalay Bay maintenance engineer Stephen Schuck told them that he, too, was being fired at.

“Call the police, someone is firing a gun up here. Someone is firing a rifle on the 32nd floor down the hallway,” Schuck can be heard saying on audio tapes released Wednesday by the hotel.

I didn't have time to sit on the news all day yesterday, kid had a dentist appointment. You don't have to be such a prick all the time when folks politely ask you a simple, and reasonable, question. You keep being such a little bitch I'll just ignore you instead of filtering through your miserable hatred constantly to find worthwhile commentary, JS.

In any event, thank you for the link, I'll read that in a bit.

To me, they are on the right track by suing the hotel, but what does the concert promoter have to do with what happened?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
why does the hotel deserve blame?

NYP also reports: "According to authorities, Paddock shot the guard at 9:59 p.m. — six minutes before he opened fire on the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, killing 58 people and injuring nearly 500 more.

Officers with the LVPD were said to have arrived at his 32nd-floor suite at 10:17 p.m., where they found the wounded guard about a minute later."

That's pretty amazing to have police at the door within 18 minutes if you ask me...

Anyway, is there any evidence of the six minutes between the guards call and the 911 call log? Or is this just based on what people said happened? Not discounting anything here, it would get crazy is all. Someone could have had their watch set 5 minutes slow for all we know. I know the clocks on my stove, the one on my desk, and the ones on my computer/cell phone all show a different time.

Regardless, how likely is it that anyone was intentionally trying to cover for this asshole? Trying to forward a conspiracy theory that it was an inside job is jumping the shark...

So if the Vegas shooter didn't have the firepower that he had, how does he shoot 600 people from a window far away in the 10 or so minutes it took to find him? :popcorn:
If he was hell bent on murder as he was what law would have stopped him?

He could have just as easily fired those shots without a bump stock
He could have bought a Ford F350 and an 8 foot snow plow and killed as many or more.

The intent of the person is the causal factor not a gun not an accessory for a gun not a truck etc

I didn't have time to sit on the news all day yesterday, kid had a dentist appointment. You don't have to be such a prick all the time when folks politely ask you a simple, and reasonable, question. You keep being such a little bitch I'll just ignore you instead of filtering through your miserable hatred constantly to find worthwhile commentary, JS.

In any event, thank you for the link, I'll read that in a bit.

Hey, I was running around all day yesterday, too, didn't get home until 7 PM, but I STILL had time to keep abreast of the news.

But being mad at me is easier than admitting you were wrong, I guess.

The police are STILL saying the timeline can change. They are supposed to give a statement tomorrow.
You dont know procedures or laws. Its also very possible times were written down wrong and other shit.
See, this is why we have investigations :thup:

Forum List

Back