We need FBI polygraph tests of the persons named in affidavits to confirm voter fraud.

duh-----dats what I wrote. There are frequent physiologic changes DETECTED via skin leads commonly seen when a person lies related to
pulse, blood pressure, sweating. ------the test can be overcome by all sorts of manipulations including meds like "beta-blockers' and mimicked by emotional reactions not related to deceit

Ask any polygraph examiner to to tell you what the specific reactions to lying are and they'll tell you they don't know.

Because they don't.

If they could say definitely "This is a lie" or "That is a lie", then polygraph results would be admissible in court. But because no examiner would ever say that, they're not...

your answer is naive----there are PATTERNS on the polygraph (DA WAVES) that correspond
STATISTICALLY to what happens when a person lies at the SKIN. ----same is true of
EEG (electroencephalogram) for that matter--same is true of EKG
Except that is false.
"The accuracy (i.e., validity) of polygraph testing has long been controversial. An underlying problem is theoretical: There is no evidence that any pattern of physiological reactions is unique to deception. "

That is the core problem with lie detector tests, there are no actual patters that correspond to deception. The results is entirely based on interpretation. I read a rather small study, or more like a test, a few months ago where they gave polygraphs to different 'experts' and the results were absolutely inconsistent. Even when using the SAME PERSON. The results were from polygraphs given several years prior so the tester was not necessarily aware of the first interpretation they had given. I wish I could find the link again but it escapes me atm.

I'd favor a lie detector tests idea for any affidavit not based on conjecture but concerns a charge of somebody performing an illegal act. Additionally the submitter of the affidavit should be subject to perjury if the person named in the affidavit passes the test.
The whole concept is stupid.

Lie detectors are inadmissible in court because they are not accurate.

The idea of forcing anyone accused of anything to take one is bizarre beyond belief

Stupid from start to finish

Of course it is. However, Trump lawsuits are being lost because these affidavits are conjecture and aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Instead of pointing out the obvious silliness of the concept, I'd rather play along. After all, without all their conspiracy theories these folks haven't a leg to stand on.

Of course it is. However, Trump lawsuits are being lost because these affidavits are conjecture and aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Instead of pointing out the obvious silliness of the concept, I'd rather play along. After all, without all their conspiracy theories these folks haven't a leg to stand on.
I was watching a documentary called "Behind the Curve" on Netflix last night. It's about the people are who absolutely convinced that the Earth is flat. About halfway through it, I remember having a puzzled look on my face, as I wondered "how can these people really believe this stuff?"

It occurred to me that the expression on my face was exactly the same as it is when I watch these Trumpsters do what they're doing now.

Trumpism, Flat Earth, Qanon. It's all the same thing. I wonder what that means.

I was watching a documentary called "Behind the Curve" on Netflix last night. It's about the people are who absolutely convinced that the Earth is flat. About halfway through it, I remember having a puzzled look on my face, as I wondered "how can these people really believe this stuff?"

It occurred to me that the expression on my face was exactly the same as it is when I watch these Trumpsters do what they're doing now.

I have thought the same thing. But then, is it any wonder that those who wave the confederate flag would refuse to admit they lost?

duh-----dats what I wrote. There are frequent physiologic changes DETECTED via skin leads commonly seen when a person lies related to
pulse, blood pressure, sweating. ------the test can be overcome by all sorts of manipulations including meds like "beta-blockers' and mimicked by emotional reactions not related to deceit

Ask any polygraph examiner to to tell you what the specific reactions to lying are and they'll tell you they don't know.

Because they don't.

If they could say definitely "This is a lie" or "That is a lie", then polygraph results would be admissible in court. But because no examiner would ever say that, they're not...

your answer is naive----there are PATTERNS on the polygraph (DA WAVES) that correspond
STATISTICALLY to what happens when a person lies at the SKIN. ----same is true of
Except that is false.
"The accuracy (i.e., validity) of polygraph testing has long been controversial. An underlying problem is theoretical: There is no evidence that any pattern of physiological reactions is unique to deception. "

That is the core problem with lie detector tests, there are no actual patters that correspond to deception. The results is entirely based on interpretation. I read a rather small study, or more like a test, a few months ago where they gave polygraphs to different 'experts' and the results were absolutely inconsistent. Even when using the SAME PERSON. The results were from polygraphs given several years prior so the tester was not necessarily aware of the first interpretation they had given. I wish I could find the link again but it escapes me atm.

don't bother---that is the nature of THE WAVES of all kinds of ELECTRO tests from EVOKED POTENTIALS, ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAMS---even (albeit to a lesser extent) EKG

Because they don't.

Except that is false.

don't bother---that is the nature of THE WAVES of all kinds of ELECTRO tests from EVOKED POTENTIALS, ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAMS---even (albeit to a lesser extent) EKG

So just ignore reality and assume there is a pattern. Sure thing.

It means the mindset is similar with all conspiracy thinking and, in fact, you will find rather large overlap between all of them. More telling is that when one finally falls it is quickly replaced with another.

My mother is a die hard Trumpette and is absolutely sure the democrats stole the election. Also buys into COVID conspiracy, aliens visiting earth since Roswell to include abductions and the like, used to honestly believe the world was coming to an end in 2000 and dabbles in Qanon just to name a few. Not really into the flat earth stuff but that group is almost entirely a Christian one and that she is not. That is how they buy into flat earth, a few quotes from the bible that are taken out of context tells them the 'truth' and the rest of the 'theory' is just to justify that particular foundational belief.

Have you ever heard of "Skeptics with a K?"

It means the mindset is similar with all conspiracy thinking and, in fact, you will find rather large overlap between all of them. More telling is that when one finally falls it is quickly replaced with another.

My mother is a die hard Trumpette and is absolutely sure the democrats stole the election. Also buys into COVID conspiracy, aliens visiting earth since Roswell to include abductions and the like, used to honestly believe the world was coming to an end in 2000 and dabbles in Qanon just to name a few. Not really into the flat earth stuff but that group is almost entirely a Christian one and that she is not. That is how they buy into flat earth, a few quotes from the bible that are taken out of context tells them the 'truth' and the rest of the 'theory' is just to justify that particular foundational belief.

No, I've never heard of that.

Come to think of it, the main guy they follow in a flat earther documentary I saw last night did allude to other conspiracies that he's belonged to, so you're right. So I can see that they just go from one conspiracy to another, like gypsies. I wonder if this is a clearly-defined subculture, or if it's different people based on the conspiracy. And obviously the internet just feeds into this stuff.

No, I've never heard of that.

Come to think of it, the main guy they follow in a flat earther documentary I saw last night did allude to other conspiracies that he's belonged to, so you're right. So I can see that they just go from one conspiracy to another, like gypsies. I wonder if this is a clearly-defined subculture, or if it's different people based on the conspiracy. And obviously the internet just feeds into this stuff.
I would not say clearly but yes there is a conspiracy subculture that bleeds through all the conspiracy groups. The internet gives more access to them all but, to be honest, it does not exacerbate the issue. Going back to my mother, she barely knows where the power switch is on her computer and never watched anything on youtube. That does not change the prevalence of that type of thinking in her life. There is more information disproving those theories than proving them there anyway.

Skeptics with a K is a monthly podcast out of England that goes over a lot of conspiracies including flat earth. They are absolutely worth listening to because conspiracies are a tiny fraction of what they go over. They go into all kinds of differing false beliefs that are very prevalent in the modern world focusing more on pseudo science heath like homeopathy (which I thought just meant natural but is quackery on the level of flat earth), Chiropractors (also on the level of flat earth) as well as how prevalent pseudo science is embedded in advertising dressed up as actual reporting. They also have some interesting content covering psychics and the various techniques that are used to mislead their followers and common 'knowledge' that is absolutely false such as the assertion most of us have heard that you need 8 glasses of water a day which is utter bunk.

Many of these podcasts are WAY better than any documentary as they are better sourced, far more honest and cut out all the bullshit added to a documentary that is centered around the entertainment side of visual programming. I refuse to watch any documentary whatsoever as I have found that the vast majority of content I have seen in documentaries has been shown to be not just false but also dishonest. Documentaries from sources I thought were trustworthy.

Last edited:
Meh. Even though polygraphs aren't admissible in court, their results would show "deception" or not.
IMHO most of the yahoos who committed voter fraud would have glaring results, proving voter fraud.
Polygraphs would at least be doing "something" as opposed to doing nothing and letting the cheaters win.
Such is the authoritarian right.

No one cheated, the election was free and fair.

Trump was voted out of office, and thankfully so.

Forum List

Back