"We need to redistribute wealth among Americans" WTF...why does this always sound so retarded to me?

There are a lot of things that cause poverty. Most people are in life where they are because of choices they made. Those choices aren't necessarily ones that were immediate to the result but they are choices, nonetheless. I understand there are exceptions. My contention isn't with the exceptions but with the overwhelming majority that are where they are because of themselves and now expect others to offset the negative results. While that single mother may have been raped, the other 999 weren't and are a single mother because she chose to take part in an act that produced the child. Same with that minimum wage worker. While he/she may be at that wage for no fault of their own, they are the exception. My daughter you say has everything handed to her works part time while in college and makes significantly above minimum wage.

Don't use the exceptions as the rule while ignoring the rule. You say you are where you are because you worked hard. In other words, you place in life is due to choices you made. Why, when people make bad choices in life, does it become the responsibility of the rest of us to offset it? Maybe you don't realize it, but if those bad choices are offset and the person making them has the results covered by others, they have no reason to change.
As someone who has been working in this field for years I would argue that the majority of those who live in poverty find themselves there through no fault of their own. I also know that too many Americans are one financial crisis away from poverty.. I think it is the exceptions that are where they are because it's their fault. Do you have any sort of expertise with the impoverished populations?

It depends on whether or not you're willing to consider it as their fault.

If someone quits school without a diploma, I consider their inability to be able to go back because they can only get a minimum wage job as their fault. They chose to quit.

Maybe that's why you work in such a field. You have a bleeding heart that's willing to make excuses and not place blame where it belongs. Liberals tend to do that.

I do have expertise in the field. I've been paying taxes to support those freeloaders longer than you've been alive. I've seen the ones that say they don't have money to buy food suddenly have money to buy things like beer and cigarettes. I guess if someone is forced to buy their food, they can have money to buy those other things.
Can't buy beer and cigarettes w food stamps. So because you pay taxes that fund scientific research, you're all of a sudden a scientist?

Didn't say you could. In case you can't read, I said money. Cash. Dollars.

Interesting how those that say they don't have money to buy their own food that use EBT have MONEY to buy those other things. Let them eat the fucking cigarettes. I'd let them go without for lying.
You called me out for it yet did the same thing, hypocrite.

I'm still waiting on the quote you claim I made.
You implied my grandfather being a cop, and me being a social worker somehow means we didn't work for what we had. That was the implication, no?

That's what you inferred. Never said you didn't work for it just that you didn't do it on your own since the taxpayers were forced to fund you pay. Taxpayers don't do that for me. If I don't go to work on a particular day, I don't get paid. If you don't go to work on a particular day, I bet you have sick time.
And consumers are forced to pay ceos salary... what's the difference?

Consumers have a choice whether or not to buy something. That's the difference.

Be thankful for government jobs.
I am thankful.

Never said I wasn't. You are the one who is not thankful for them. Now, here's my point.. You saying you are forced to pay police salaries implies that if you had the choice you would opt out. Correct?

You should be. You couldn't get hired in the real world.

You infer that, moron. Just like I don't have a problem helping those for whom I choose and decide need help, when the government thinks it's their place to make such a decision on my behalf and take from me in order to do it, my choice is easier. None is an easy choice to make.

As someone who has been working in this field for years I would argue that the majority of those who live in poverty find themselves there through no fault of their own. I also know that too many Americans are one financial crisis away from poverty.. I think it is the exceptions that are where they are because it's their fault. Do you have any sort of expertise with the impoverished populations?

If someone quits school without a diploma, I consider their inability to be able to go back because they can only get a minimum wage job as their fault. They chose to quit.

Maybe that's why you work in such a field. You have a bleeding heart that's willing to make excuses and not place blame where it belongs. Liberals tend to do that.

I do have expertise in the field. I've been paying taxes to support those freeloaders longer than you've been alive. I've seen the ones that say they don't have money to buy food suddenly have money to buy things like beer and cigarettes. I guess if someone is forced to buy their food, they can have money to buy those other things.
Can't buy beer and cigarettes w food stamps. So because you pay taxes that fund scientific research, you're all of a sudden a scientist?

Interesting how those that say they don't have money to buy their own food that use EBT have MONEY to buy those other things. Let them eat the fucking cigarettes. I'd let them go without for lying.
You implied my grandfather being a cop, and me being a social worker somehow means we didn't work for what we had. That was the implication, no?

That's what you inferred. Never said you didn't work for it just that you didn't do it on your own since the taxpayers were forced to fund you pay. Taxpayers don't do that for me. If I don't go to work on a particular day, I don't get paid. If you don't go to work on a particular day, I bet you have sick time.

I am thankful.

Never said I wasn't. You are the one who is not thankful for them. Now, here's my point.. You saying you are forced to pay police salaries implies that if you had the choice you would opt out. Correct?

You infer that, moron. Just like I don't have a problem helping those for whom I choose and decide need help, when the government thinks it's their place to make such a decision on my behalf and take from me in order to do it, my choice is easier. None is an easy choice to make.
If you said you are forced to pay the salary of cops, that means you do not do it willingly. Period. Don't squirm away now, you're a cop hater. Deplorable.

Also I've been employed in the real world for decades. I get any job i want thanks to my elite degree, amazing work ethic, array of skills, and great work experience. I'm so great at getting jobs, I get hundreds of other people jobs every year hahah

Last edited:

I am thankful.

If you said you are forced to pay the salary of cops, that means you do not do it willingly. Period. Don't squirm away now, you're a cop hater. Deplorable.

I'm forced to pay the salary of police because it's a fact. Are you saying paying the taxes that fund them are voluntary? Seems you don't understand how taxes work. Maybe that's because your low salary government job and the kids you have to support mean your tax liability is zero.

Never did get an answer about the husband in your life. Don't squirm away now.

I am thankful.

I'm forced to pay the salary of police because it's a fact. Are you saying paying the taxes that fund them are voluntary? Seems you don't understand how taxes work. Maybe that's because your low salary government job and the kids you have to support mean your tax liability is zero.

I pay taxes willingly yes, because it is better for my country. If I could opt out of taxes like Donnie has for two decades I wouldn't. I have an amazing husband that I've loved since we were kids. He is truly my soulmate. (We met playing basketball at our local boys and girls club at age 13) We have 2 beautiful children, a beautiful hound dog, and a lovely little home. Any other pressing questions about my personal life?

I am thankful.

I pay taxes willingly yes, because it is better for my country. I have an amazing husband that I've loved since we were kids. He is truly my soulmate. We have 2 beautiful children, a beautiful hound dog, and a lovely little home. Any other pressing questions about my personal life?

So if you chose not to pay them, nothing would happen?

Good for you. Seems there's a fool born every day.

You didn't have a problem asking about my personal life. I gladly answered. Why do you have a problem. Are you embarrassed?

Are you sure the hound dog actually isn't you in disguise? Could be hard to tell the difference.

I am thankful.

I pay taxes willingly yes, because it is better for my country. I have an amazing husband that I've loved since we were kids. He is truly my soulmate. We have 2 beautiful children, a beautiful hound dog, and a lovely little home. Any other pressing questions about my personal life?

You didn't have a problem asking about my personal life. I gladly answered. Why do you have a problem. Are you embarrassed?

Are you sure the hound dog actually isn't you in disguise? Could be hard to tell the difference.
I said if I could opt out like Donnie did, I wouldn't.
I have no problem telling you about my family I just missed where you asked about my husband until the second time you asked. Why would I be embarrassed? Because I can't pay for college in cash like you and buy lake houses all over the place? Lol....i married the love of my life and we're doing just fine,thanks. What more could I ask for?
Also, don't diss the hound. Call me whatever you want but leave my doggy out of it!

Last edited:

I have no problem telling you about my family I just missed where you asked about my husband until the second time you asked. Why would I be embarrassed? Because I can't pay for college in cash like you and buy lake houses all over the place? Lol.... we're doing just fine,thanks.

That's not what you said. You said you pay something willingly for which you have no choice in paying.

You missed and get pissed at me for asking. Go back to what I said about making excuses.

For someone that claims to be doing so well, why can't you pay for college in cash or buy a lake house? Actually, the roommates are "buying" the lake house in the sense of the word. I just happen to be the one that will own it. I doubt I ever use it. I'll continue to rent it long after both daughters are out of school. I prefer to travel in my Georgetown 364TS.

I have no problem telling you about my family I just missed where you asked about my husband until the second time you asked. Why would I be embarrassed? Because I can't pay for college in cash like you and buy lake houses all over the place? Lol.... we're doing just fine,thanks.

That's not what you said. You said you pay something willingly for which you have no choice in paying.

You missed and get pissed at me for asking. Go back to what I said about making excuses.

For someone that claims to be doing so well, why can't you pay for college in cash or buy a lake house? Actually, the roommates are "buying" the lake house in the sense of the word. I just happen to be the one that will own it. I doubt I ever use it. I'll continue to rent it long after both daughters are out of school. I prefer to travel in my Georgetown 364TS.
I was not pissed at you for asking, I just don't necessarily see how my marital status is relevant. Your employment was relevant to the discussion. I am doing well because I have a beautiful, happy, and healthy family that has every thing they need. That's what matters to me..

By the way, I was handed one thing, the only thing my father left me.... partial ownership to the lake house my grandparents bought... it's a little camp "lake house" probably isn't the right discription lol
:beer:
I am very fortunate and I am aware of that everyday.

Welcome to reality, we have many socialistic programs. Do you suggest we don't need police?

Since you obviously have no clue as to the definition of Socialism, I will provide it for you. Our military, police, and fire fighters have nothing, whatsoever to do with Socialism. They are services wanted by the citizens who join together to pay for those services.

so·cial·ism
[ˈsōSHəˌlizəm]
NOUN
  1. a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
leftism · welfarism · radicalism · progressivism · social democracy · communism · Marxism · labor movement
We obviously are nowhere close to socialism

I was not pissed at you for asking, I just don't necessarily see how my marital status is relevant. Your employment was relevant to the discussion. I am doing well because I have a beautiful, happy, and healthy family that has every thing they need. That's what matters to me..

By the way, I was handed one thing, the only thing my father left me.... partial ownership to the lake house my grandparents bought... it's a little camp "lake house" probably isn't the right discription lol

Just checking something.

I can see how you "forgot" about something that small. What else did you forget about?

I always find this narrative fascinating....The top 1% of wage earners already pay 45% of all income tax paid and 45% of American's pay no income tax at all.
That said, how is the notion that our most productive positive contributors owe more manifested?
Why is it never said that we have too many bottom feeders stealing from the middle class and how does that not make more sense to sane rational folks? Take the $100 billion we spend on illegal beaners every year...what if we diverted that cash alone and funneled it through the hands of the middle class and REAL Americans?
The right wing has a problem with a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, so more people will be able to pay, more taxes.
Trump supports raising the minimum wage. He said it should be raised to at least $10.

He also supports universal health care.
More vaporware? Y'all are lucky, there are no federalists in Congress.

Just checking something.

I can see how you "forgot" about something that small. What else did you forget about?
I mean it is very small and split ownership with 2 other cousins lol but yea it has been in our family since a couple decades after we arrived, it was almost lost at one point, but just recently did it come into my partial ownership. Guess I get to enjoy some fruits of my family's labor as well :eusa_dance:

PLEASE show us, other than your opinion, that the MAJORITY of people in poverty are NOT there because of their own bad decisions. A reliable source with the link will be greatly appreciated.

An expert, such as yourself will know this offhand and I hate to pose such a simple question.

Aside from the obvious, money, what is the single factor that determines whether a child is raised below the poverty level and one raised above poverty?

I always find this narrative fascinating....The top 1% of wage earners already pay 45% of all income tax paid and 45% of American's pay no income tax at all.
That said, how is the notion that our most productive positive contributors owe more manifested?
Why is it never said that we have too many bottom feeders stealing from the middle class and how does that not make more sense to sane rational folks? Take the $100 billion we spend on illegal beaners every year...what if we diverted that cash alone and funneled it through the hands of the middle class and REAL Americans?

The only thing the left talks about is taking from the haves and giving to the have nots. Don't ever expect them to tell able- bodied people to pull their own weight. Many people in their base do not want to hear that they need to get their shit together and actively do something to improve their lives. Somehow, they believe that politicians will do it for them by forcing others to subsidize them. And they alleviate guilt by embracing the victimhood and entitlement mentality. They are convince that others owe them. Libs have convinced people that some enter this world privileged and should make reparations to atone for the sin of being white. The left seriously pushes the notion that white is better. They are shameless.

Aside from fraudulent claims, what is one of the greatest areas of fraud among users of food stamps?

I'll answer for you since I know you'll ignore this post.

Discounting their food stamps for cash. Then use that cash to purchase illicit drugs, liquor, beer or whatever.

You rely on taxes that are mandated in order to get a salary. In private industry you have to do the job in order to get the pay. As a social service worker, you get paid regardless.

You're argument is I work a job funded by mandated taxes that people have no choice to pay but I did it all on my own. If your pay actually came from the return on the job you did, how much would you make? Want to put that to a test?
I've worked in both the public and the private sector. For both jobs, I worked my ass off. If I don't do my job as a social worker I could still get fired. I haven't been fired, because I do my job.. You think gov. Employees can't get fired? Watch Donnie.

It's a government job. There are teachers in the school system that couldn't teach a fish to swim and they don't get fired.

It's a job in social services. How hard can it be?
It's very challenging I hear hundreds of different cases a week with different needs. But I mean I'm not a neurosurgeon...and I'm not paid like one. But I am certainly expected to do my job and do it right.....

Oh, you sit there and listen to people whine like we read about you on USMB?
I listen to stories of abused women, homeless vets, single mothers, AND people who work 40 hours a week at minimum wage and can't make ends meet. I just got off the phone with a homeless 17 year old boy who was sobbing.
I have empathy and compassion, you have not shown that you posses either of those characteristics.
Then why are you a Muslim lover?

Welcome to reality, we have many socialistic programs. Do you suggest we don't need police?

Since you obviously have no clue as to the definition of Socialism, I will provide it for you. Our military, police, and fire fighters have nothing, whatsoever to do with Socialism. They are services wanted by the citizens who join together to pay for those services.

so·cial·ism
[ˈsōSHəˌlizəm]
NOUN
  1. a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
leftism · welfarism · radicalism · progressivism · social democracy · communism · Marxism · labor movement
We obviously are nowhere close to socialism

No thanks to the Democrats and Liberals.

Libs are hypocrites. Studies proved that they don't contribute to charities nearly as much as the right. Of course, they are generous with other people's money but not their own.

You'd think that Bill Gates and others somehow stole money from people and caused them to be poor. We hear that all the time about how the wealth should be returned to it's rightful owners as if someone took it from them.

Government thinks nothing of robbing us all blind with taxes.

Every. Fucking. Thing. Is. Taxed.

You can't do shit without paying government. It's not just income. You can't get married or even go fishing without paying government first. They even tax pets. It's insane. Only a matter of time before they tax the air we breathe or the rain water that falls in our yard.

They constantly raise taxes on gas, which hurts everyone who drives to work everyday. Property taxes keep going up so it gets harder to keep the things you already paid for. .

The government is hurting the little people. Those providing for their families pay taxes at every turn.

Every time I hear someone bitching about income inequality, it's either a wealthy politician like Pelosi or some Hollywood puke, like Meryl Streep. Ones who don't have to worry about anything but like to preach to the middle and lower class who work like dogs to pay the bills. And we always get the bill for their big ideas.

I don't see them writing checks to government. No one would stop them. Pelosi and others could hand over half their wealth and prove that they mean what they say. But, instead they keep taking tax breaks that they don't have to and lecture the rest of us about paying our fair share.

20994313_10156370938226729_7580679336747231624_n.jpg

Last edited:

Just checking something.

I mean it is very small and split ownership with 2 other cousins lol but yea it has been in our family since a couple decades after we arrived, it was almost lost at one point, but just recently did it come into my partial ownership. Guess I get to enjoy some fruits of my family's labor as well :eusa_dance:

The fruits I enjoy are as a result of what my family gave me. They "gave" me the beliefs of work ethic, personal responsibility, and doing for yourself what you should do for yourself. Are you saying I shouldn't have accepted them? As for WHAT I have as a result, they didn't give me anything.

Forum List

Back