"We need to redistribute wealth among Americans" WTF...why does this always sound so retarded to me?

There is no failed experiment.

Your first (of many) fallacies.

Stop lying.

There wasn't a failed experiment?

We were sold a bill of goods on supply side theory. Put money in the hands of the "Job Creators" and watch the economy prosper. "A rising tide lifts all boats". Money will trickle down to the workers in the form of more jobs and higher pay

Never happened. We put more money in the hands of the wealthy and they just kept it

Who would have thought

I'm sure folks like Kerry, Pelosi and Reid appreciate it.

All three are quite wealthy and all three have voted to raise their own taxes and provide more social programs
Wealthy Republicans, on the other hand, vote to cut their own taxes and slash benefits to the poor

Why do they need a law to give more of their money away ?

And who is to say that those republians don't donate outside of the extortion system we call taxation.

Because they need to look at the whole economy, not just a few Senators

Garbage.

If the senators want to give their money away....great (and I really mean that). That does not require others to do the same. This country was founded on liberty.....not slavery to someone else's ideals.

It's a government job. There are teachers in the school system that couldn't teach a fish to swim and they don't get fired.

It's a job in social services. How hard can it be?
It's very challenging I hear hundreds of different cases a week with different needs. But I mean I'm not a neurosurgeon...and I'm not paid like one. But I am certainly expected to do my job and do it right.....

Oh, you sit there and listen to people whine like we read about you on USMB?
I listen to stories of abused women, homeless vets, single mothers, AND people who work 40 hours a week at minimum wage and can't make ends meet. I just got off the phone with a homeless 17 year old who was sobbing.
I have empathy and compassion, you have not shown that you posses either of those characteristics.

Why is that single mother a single mother? Did she have a child with someone for whom she chose to spread her legs then he ran off when he knocked her up?

Does that person working 40 hours/week for minimum wage do so because they quit high school? Offer little to no marketable skills?

If someone put him/herself in the situation they're in by the choices he/she made, why is that the responsibility of others to offset the results of those choices? Why should the taxpayers support that single mother when the result of her choices caused her problems? I didn't make those choices yet I'm expected to be one of the taxpayers required to offset the results.
The person working 40 hours a week can't go to school to advance themselves, because they're making minimum wage and can't afford it. Let's say the mother was raped and doesn't believe in abortion... There are so many things that cause poverty that it is ridiculous to condemn them all as being irresponsible..

There are a lot of things that cause poverty. Most people are in life where they are because of choices they made. Those choices aren't necessarily ones that were immediate to the result but they are choices, nonetheless. I understand there are exceptions. My contention isn't with the exceptions but with the overwhelming majority that are where they are because of themselves and now expect others to offset the negative results. While that single mother may have been raped, the other 999 weren't and are a single mother because she chose to take part in an act that produced the child. Same with that minimum wage worker. While he/she may be at that wage for no fault of their own, they are the exception. My daughter you say has everything handed to her works part time while in college and makes significantly above minimum wage.

Don't use the exceptions as the rule while ignoring the rule. You say you are where you are because you worked hard. In other words, you place in life is due to choices you made. Why, when people make bad choices in life, does it become the responsibility of the rest of us to offset it? Maybe you don't realize it, but if those bad choices are offset and the person making them has the results covered by others, they have no reason to change.

A question for trumpeters. If trump is successful bringing jobs back and kicking out immigrants increases wages, won't this change the distribution of wealth?

Still waiting.

You mean like I'm still waiting on you, the one that said I shouldn't own guns, to come and try to take them?

You make up a lot of silliness. Won't answer the question?

I offered. You refused.

You had said plenty before I made my statement. You don't have a clue what I do yet you're saying someone works harder than me.
I think cops have a very hard job. Do you think you have a harder job than a police officer or a soldier?

Never said they didn't have a hard job. I know many of them.

I think my jobS are just as hard.
Your thoughts have proved already to be dostorted... what is your job?

"dosorted" What the fuck is that?

I work for myself as a general contractor and an arson investigator.
Yea, police have it harder than you.

Distorted..i just got a new phone and my autocorrect is being silly.

That is your opinion. What I do know is if you had to do my job, you'd cry like a bitch to get back to your chair and in the AC.

You can fix what autocorrect messes up. Why do you blame the phone?

Your side suggested cops don't work for their salary and they are unnecessary and shouldn't be paid. Do you agree?

Please show us the prominent Republicans who have said police are not necessary and should not be paid. I think you have that confused with Chelsea Manning who thinks we should have no borders, no police, and no military.
No one prominent, just this doofas conservative I've been going back and forth with all day. You jumped in on his side so I figured you wanted in on that.

Name calling, again? It's only been 5 minutes. Sad thing is you misspelled "doofus" while trying to call me stupid.

Please show me where I said police are not necessary. Quote please?
You started the name calling, bitch.

You called me out for it yet did the same thing, hypocrite.

I'm still waiting on the quote you claim I made.

It's a government job. There are teachers in the school system that couldn't teach a fish to swim and they don't get fired.

It's a job in social services. How hard can it be?
It's very challenging I hear hundreds of different cases a week with different needs. But I mean I'm not a neurosurgeon...and I'm not paid like one. But I am certainly expected to do my job and do it right.....

I listen to stories of abused women, homeless vets, single mothers, AND people who work 40 hours a week at minimum wage and can't make ends meet. I just got off the phone with a homeless 17 year old who was sobbing.
I have empathy and compassion, you have not shown that you posses either of those characteristics.

Why is that single mother a single mother? Did she have a child with someone for whom she chose to spread her legs then he ran off when he knocked her up?

Does that person working 40 hours/week for minimum wage do so because they quit high school? Offer little to no marketable skills?

If someone put him/herself in the situation they're in by the choices he/she made, why is that the responsibility of others to offset the results of those choices? Why should the taxpayers support that single mother when the result of her choices caused her problems? I didn't make those choices yet I'm expected to be one of the taxpayers required to offset the results.
Although, some cases are sheer irresponsibility. I deny those cases.

MOST cases are. Very few people are in life where they are due to nothing of their own doing.

The person working 40 hours a week can't go to school to advance themselves, because they're making minimum wage and can't afford it. Let's say the mother was raped and doesn't believe in abortion... There are so many things that cause poverty that it is ridiculous to condemn them all as being irresponsible..

There are a lot of things that cause poverty. Most people are in life where they are because of choices they made. Those choices aren't necessarily ones that were immediate to the result but they are choices, nonetheless. I understand there are exceptions. My contention isn't with the exceptions but with the overwhelming majority that are where they are because of themselves and now expect others to offset the negative results. While that single mother may have been raped, the other 999 weren't and are a single mother because she chose to take part in an act that produced the child. Same with that minimum wage worker. While he/she may be at that wage for no fault of their own, they are the exception. My daughter you say has everything handed to her works part time while in college and makes significantly above minimum wage.

Don't use the exceptions as the rule while ignoring the rule. You say you are where you are because you worked hard. In other words, you place in life is due to choices you made. Why, when people make bad choices in life, does it become the responsibility of the rest of us to offset it? Maybe you don't realize it, but if those bad choices are offset and the person making them has the results covered by others, they have no reason to change.
As someone who has been working in this field for years I would argue that the majority of those who live in poverty find themselves there through no fault of their own. I also know that too many Americans are one financial crisis away from poverty.. I think it is the exceptions that are where they are because it's their fault. Do you have any sort of expertise with the impoverished populations?

MOST cases are. Very few people are in life where they are due to nothing of their own doing.
Again, Is that another distorted opinion or do you have some sort of credentials on the topic?

As someone who has been working in this field for years I would argue that the majority of those who live in poverty find themselves there through no fault of their own. I also know that too many Americans are one financial crisis away from poverty.. I think it is the exceptions that are where they are because it's their fault. Do you have any sort of expertise with the impoverished populations?

It depends on whether or not you're willing to consider it as their fault.

If someone quits school without a diploma, I consider their inability to be able to go back because they can only get a minimum wage job as their fault. They chose to quit.

Maybe that's why you work in such a field. You have a bleeding heart that's willing to make excuses and not place blame where it belongs. Liberals tend to do that.

I do have expertise in the field. I've been paying taxes to support those freeloaders longer than you've been alive. I've seen the ones that say they don't have money to buy food suddenly have money to buy things like beer and cigarettes. I guess if someone is forced to buy their food, they can have money to buy those other things.

Your side suggested cops don't work for their salary and they are unnecessary and shouldn't be paid. Do you agree?

Please show us the prominent Republicans who have said police are not necessary and should not be paid. I think you have that confused with Chelsea Manning who thinks we should have no borders, no police, and no military.
No one prominent, just this doofas conservative I've been going back and forth with all day. You jumped in on his side so I figured you wanted in on that.

Name calling, again? It's only been 5 minutes. Sad thing is you misspelled "doofus" while trying to call me stupid.

You implied my grandfather being a cop, and me being a social worker somehow means we didn't work for what we had. That was the implication, no?

Again, Is that another distorted opinion or do you have some sort of credentials on the topic?

As much as you do about how hard what I do actually is.

If someone quits school without a diploma, I consider their inability to be able to go back because they can only get a minimum wage job as their fault. They chose to quit.

Maybe that's why you work in such a field. You have a bleeding heart that's willing to make excuses and not place blame where it belongs. Liberals tend to do that.

I do have expertise in the field. I've been paying taxes to support those freeloaders longer than you've been alive. I've seen the ones that say they don't have money to buy food suddenly have money to buy things like beer and cigarettes. I guess if someone is forced to buy their food, they can have money to buy those other things.
Can't buy beer and cigarettes w food stamps. So because you pay taxes that fund scientific research, you're all of a sudden a scientist?

You implied my grandfather being a cop, and me being a social worker somehow means we didn't work for what we had. That was the implication, no?

That's what you inferred. Never said you didn't work for it just that you didn't do it on your own since the taxpayers were forced to fund you pay. Taxpayers don't do that for me. If I don't go to work on a particular day, I don't get paid. If you don't go to work on a particular day, I bet you have sick time.

Your life isn't at risk every second of your shift. Your jobs not harder than our police have it or our army does. Come off your high horse.

Can't buy beer and cigarettes w food stamps. So because you pay taxes that fund scientific research, you're all of a sudden a scientist?

Didn't say you could. In case you can't read, I said money. Cash. Dollars.

Interesting how those that say they don't have money to buy their own food that use EBT have MONEY to buy those other things. Let them eat the fucking cigarettes. I'd let them go without for lying.

That's what you inferred. Never said you didn't work for it just that you didn't do it on your own since the taxpayers were forced to fund you pay. Taxpayers don't do that for me. If I don't go to work on a particular day, I don't get paid. If you don't go to work on a particular day, I bet you have sick time.
And consumers are forced to pay ceos salary... what's the difference?

Your life isn't at risk every second of your shift. Your jobs not harder than our police have it or our army does. Come off your high horse.

A police officer's life isn't at risk every second of the shift either.

Have you ever worked doing what I do? You talk about I don't have expertise because I haven't done something yet you claim to know more about what I do having never done it.

Consumers have a choice whether or not to buy something. If I think a company pays its CEO too much, I don't have to buy from that company. If taxpayers think you get paid too much, there taxes don't get lowered. That's the difference.

Be thankful for government jobs.

Didn't say you could. In case you can't read, I said money. Cash. Dollars.

Interesting how those that say they don't have money to buy their own food that use EBT have MONEY to buy those other things. Let them eat the fucking cigarettes. I'd let them go without for lying.

Consumers have a choice whether or not to buy something. That's the difference.

Be thankful for government jobs.
I am thankful.

Never said I wasn't. You are the one who is not thankful for them. Now, here's my point.. You saying you are forced to pay police salaries implies that if you had the choice you would opt out. Correct?

Forum List

Back