We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

Chinese death rates are not definitive of what rest of world will experience.
Really? How so? Poor countries will do better? or did you mean worse?

China hospitalized every single case they found. Do we plan to do that? No? Then how will our death rate be lower?
Americans aren't undernourished for one....all been explained on multiple threads...... Whole lot of fearmongoring going on.
Americans are largely overweight and obese and suffer from terrible diets. Not a good formula for fighting disease.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
you should go work out like many millions do to stay healthy. it works. stop using your food stamps for junk food.
Can't make this stupid folks. You just can't.

#LOLGOP

David Nunes says it's a fine day to go out for Italian.

Obama excuse was why close the barn door when the horses are already out. How about N1H1?
Go on, what about it?

Over 14,000 deaths no panic
14000 out of over 7 BILLION

no need to panic
And how many Americans have died from the Coronavirus that caused the panic we have now??
FYI there aren't 7 billion America's.
FYI there haven't been 14000 deaths in the US
There were over 14,000 deaths in America due to H1N1

China hospitalized every single case they found. Do we plan to do that? No? Then how will our death rate be lower?
Americans aren't undernourished for one....all been explained on multiple threads...... Whole lot of fearmongoring going on.
Americans are largely overweight and obese and suffer from terrible diets. Not a good formula for fighting disease.

you should go work out like many millions do to stay healthy. it works. stop using your food stamps for junk food.

#LOLGOP

Oh look martybegan it looks like Nunes has the same degree in Engineering that you do.

And what are your qualifications with regards to this situation?

I'm listening to the health experts at the CDC and elsewhere. I'm not trying to invent an expertise I don' have.

You are selectively taking the information in a way to confirm your own biases.

I am? Specifically, how?

I am not claiming to be an expert, merely giving parts of my education and background that would allow me to understand the issues involved.

I've had relatives call me to get my view on this, because I am one of the more educated members of my family.

When Trump said it was no big deal and other people near the president who also weren't' experts were claiming this was 'practically airtight', I bet you're expertise allowed you to buy into that 100%.

You're here to defend the president no matter what. At least be honest about it.

I am merely observing what is going on when progressives "listen" to health experts and the CDC, and then figure out ways yo use that info to blame trump.

He was trying to calm the public. Did Roosevelt say the Japanese were going to kill us all after Pearl harbor?

He was trying to calm the public by telling them they had nothing to worry about when they do? Now a week later and the recommendation by the CDC is to shut the country down more or less. You don't calm a country down by lying and being counterproductive to the information health experts are trying to convey. Is that Trump's fault? Of course it is.

Take your so called 'expertise' and shove it up your ass, it didn't help when you bought every word Trump told you and it's not helping now.

So he should have told everybody to panic? You are setting an impossible bar for him to meet, partially because you hate his guts, and partially because you see this as a way to get him out of office in November.

He was trying to forestall a panic. It didn't work thanks to MSM idiots like CNN, and now he has to react to it.

He took actions within his powers, even going back to the China travel ban, and the current European one. He declared a Stafford Emergency, which allows him to bypass regulations as well as mobilize FEMA.

#LOLGOP

Oh look martybegan it looks like Nunes has the same degree in Engineering that you do.

Didn't AOC say something similar?

I am? Specifically, how?

I am not claiming to be an expert, merely giving parts of my education and background that would allow me to understand the issues involved.

I've had relatives call me to get my view on this, because I am one of the more educated members of my family.

When Trump said it was no big deal and other people near the president who also weren't' experts were claiming this was 'practically airtight', I bet you're expertise allowed you to buy into that 100%.

You're here to defend the president no matter what. At least be honest about it.
View attachment 312780

Are we still only able to speak in memes? Pretty sad.
I can't dumb down my communication far enough for you to comprehend what I am saying.

Right, what you're doing, it's pointless right now.
What ALL of you are doing is criminal right now. Fearmongering is NOT helping anyione.

Blaming Trump is NOT helping anyone.

Blaming government right now is just proof of what you've been told was going to happen but decided to support AND is it not helping anyone.

Staying glued to the TV for the lastest gloom and doom from the propaganda journalists is counterproductive.

Let's not talk about what is pointless. The whole country is locked into pointless, thanks to the media.

It’s a huge difference.

But in the end it doesn't make any difference. It's just something for people who don't like Trump to nit-pick about.
Does confidence in the president not make any difference?

Of course it does, but most progressives can't get past the chance this provides to get rid of him in November to stop being partisan about the situation, and Trump's actions during it.

In NYC I hate DiBlasio with a passion, but I am not actively criticising his actions with regards to the crisis, even though the bar ban to me smacks of overreacting.

I am willing to let it go for a few weeks before I decide to oppose it actively.
There's nothing to oppose, so your argument is moot. Unless you're saying everyone in NYC should be gallivanting about as if nothing is happening.

Binary thinking. The situation at hand is not reliant on "all or nothing" responses. For example they haven't shut interstate or even interboro travel, they haven't called for all non-essential workers to stay home, they haven't applied a curfew yet.

Unless you expect a vaccine in the next 1-2 months you actually WANT some people to catch this, thus spreading out the curve of cases, both mundane and life threatening.
I think you better tell your fellow self-proclaimed conservatives that this isn't a binary thing. They need that advice more than anyone alive.

But in the end it doesn't make any difference. It's just something for people who don't like Trump to nit-pick about.
Does confidence in the president not make any difference?

Of course it does, but most progressives can't get past the chance this provides to get rid of him in November to stop being partisan about the situation, and Trump's actions during it.

In NYC I hate DiBlasio with a passion, but I am not actively criticising his actions with regards to the crisis, even though the bar ban to me smacks of overreacting.

I am willing to let it go for a few weeks before I decide to oppose it actively.
There's nothing to oppose, so your argument is moot. Unless you're saying everyone in NYC should be gallivanting about as if nothing is happening.

Binary thinking. The situation at hand is not reliant on "all or nothing" responses. For example they haven't shut interstate or even interboro travel, they haven't called for all non-essential workers to stay home, they haven't applied a curfew yet.

Unless you expect a vaccine in the next 1-2 months you actually WANT some people to catch this, thus spreading out the curve of cases, both mundane and life threatening.
I think you better tell your fellow self-proclaimed conservatives that this isn't a binary thing. They need that advice more than anyone alive.

What a completely generic and meaningless retort.

#LOLGOP

And what's your opinion on his statements?

Because our health department has been communicating extensively with us and that’s what’s going on.

Nothing more than generic hearsay on your part, and considering you have an axe to grind against Trump, I doubt your objectivity on this subject.

I don’t care what you think. I know what’s true. You’re not a part of this so you’re claims aren’t even based on hearsay, just guessing and hoping, a lot like Trump’s response until very recently.

If the spread is halted or slowed, it’ll be because people did things that the right has been making fun of them for doing. Much of the Trump base tried to minimize the risk. Some still are. The country is more rational than these people.

I have a degree in Engineering, which allows me to see the situation as a problem, with given data, assumptions, and outcomes. Epidemiology is more statistics than medicine, so your being an MD, an RN, and LPN or even a medical biller doesn't give you the added insight you think it does.

How many epidemiology classes did you take?

I took two semesters of statistics, plus a semester of emergency management with regards to chemical facilities and municipal treatment facilities.

How many epidemiology classes did you take? and I notice you have not clarified what level of "medical professional" you are.
So the answer is zero, is that correct?

It looks like your experience is extremely limited or nearly useless.

I'm listening to the health experts at the CDC and elsewhere. I'm not trying to invent an expertise I don' have.

I am? Specifically, how?

I am merely observing what is going on when progressives "listen" to health experts and the CDC, and then figure out ways yo use that info to blame trump.

He was trying to calm the public. Did Roosevelt say the Japanese were going to kill us all after Pearl harbor?

He was trying to calm the public by telling them they had nothing to worry about when they do? Now a week later and the recommendation by the CDC is to shut the country down more or less. You don't calm a country down by lying and being counterproductive to the information health experts are trying to convey. Is that Trump's fault? Of course it is.

Take your so called 'expertise' and shove it up your ass, it didn't help when you bought every word Trump told you and it's not helping now.

So he should have told everybody to panic? You are setting an impossible bar for him to meet, partially because you hate his guts, and partially because you see this as a way to get him out of office in November.

He was trying to forestall a panic. It didn't work thanks to MSM idiots like CNN, and now he has to react to it.

He took actions within his powers, even going back to the China travel ban, and the current European one. He declared a Stafford Emergency, which allows him to bypass regulations as well as mobilize FEMA.
You just told me moments ago that it's not a binary thing, yet you're posing the choice of panic.

Uncanny.

I am? Specifically, how?

He should have told everyone to panic? Who said that? He shouldn't have told people this is basically over and nothing to see here. It makes it look like the leadership of this country is either lying to them or not very smart. Gosh, it'd be awful if that turned out to be true.

Forestall a panic? The CDC is telling everyone to shudder themselves for weeks and just about a week ago Trump was saying it's all fine. Also, since people began to hoard supplies it doesn't appear Trump calmed down anyone. Why? Because he's not trustworthy, he hasn't earned any trust Well, unless you have an "Engineering" degree, then you buy every fucking word that comes out of his mouth.

The China ban is fine, the European one is suspect. I don't blame him for the ban, it came a little late to be effective but whatever. How come he didn't ban travel from South Korea or the U.K.?

How about those tests, where are we with that? The WHO offered them, we said no. Why?

What are we doing about hospital beds? Not just for those that come in with the virus but the very possibility that when our hospitals are overrun who is going to help the people that come in with other illnesses and injuries that happen everyday?

Nothing more than generic hearsay on your part, and considering you have an axe to grind against Trump, I doubt your objectivity on this subject.

I don’t care what you think. I know what’s true. You’re not a part of this so you’re claims aren’t even based on hearsay, just guessing and hoping, a lot like Trump’s response until very recently.

If the spread is halted or slowed, it’ll be because people did things that the right has been making fun of them for doing. Much of the Trump base tried to minimize the risk. Some still are. The country is more rational than these people.

I have a degree in Engineering, which allows me to see the situation as a problem, with given data, assumptions, and outcomes. Epidemiology is more statistics than medicine, so your being an MD, an RN, and LPN or even a medical biller doesn't give you the added insight you think it does.

I took two semesters of statistics, plus a semester of emergency management with regards to chemical facilities and municipal treatment facilities.

How many epidemiology classes did you take? and I notice you have not clarified what level of "medical professional" you are.

Why do you refuse to provide YOUR qualifications in this matter.

You claimed to be a "medical professional" without actually providing any further clarification.

You also didn't answer my question about your epidemiology background.

I am? Specifically, how?

He should have told everyone to panic? Who said that? He shouldn't have told people this is basically over and nothing to see here. It makes it look like the leadership of this country is either lying to them or not very smart. Gosh, it'd be awful if that turned out to be true.

Forestall a panic? The CDC is telling everyone to shudder themselves for weeks and just about a week ago Trump was saying it's all fine. Also, since people began to hoard supplies it doesn't appear Trump calmed down anyone. Why? Because he's not trustworthy, he hasn't earned any trust Well, unless you have an "Engineering" degree, then you buy every fucking word that comes out of his mouth.

The China ban is fine, the European one is suspect. I don't blame him for the ban, it came a little late to be effective but whatever. How come he didn't ban travel from South Korea or the U.K.?

How about those tests, where are we with that? The WHO offered them, we said no. Why?

What are we doing about hospital beds? Not just for those that come in with the virus but the very possibility that when our hospitals are overrun who is going to help the people that come in with other illnesses and injuries that happen everyday?

You go on for 3 years about how worthless he is, as does CNN, and then continue when a real crisis hits. And you wonder why the public panics?

YOU created this situation via your political games.

You are fucking hack, who probably jerks off every night to the thought of this making Trump lose in November.

I am? Specifically, how?

You just told me moments ago that it's not a binary thing, yet you're posing the choice of panic.

Uncanny.

I am pointing out that all your side does is complain, no matter what he does, screams he is incompetent as you have been doing for 3 years now, and then CNN and you idiots wonder why people are panicked.

Why do you refuse to provide YOUR qualifications in this matter.

You claimed to be a "medical professional" without actually providing any further clarification.

You also didn't answer my question about your epidemiology background.

I’ll bet you $5 it doesn’t matter what I say about my qualifications. You’ve made up your mind about me.

I am? Specifically, how?

Uncanny.

I am pointing out that all your side does is complain, no matter what he does, screams he is incompetent as you have been doing for 3 years now, and then CNN and you idiots wonder why people are panicked.

What if he is incompetent?

I am? Specifically, how?

You go on for 3 years about how worthless he is, as does CNN, and then continue when a real crisis hits. And you wonder why the public panics?

Classic blame the messenger argument you got going. Trump's lies are legendary and documented and you want to now in the middle of a crisis blame the people who noticed them?

YOU created this situation via your political games.

You are fucking hack, who probably jerks off every night to the thought of this making Trump lose in November.

The President created his own situation, I'm sorry your "Engineering" degree didn't prepare you for the outcome of his lies in a crisis. Fucking idiot.

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.
You mean like Republicans showed us how to do it during the Ebola flare-up?

There's other videos that show's how truly reprehensible and kraven Republicans are, but did you mean like that OP?

Obama excuse was why close the barn door when the horses are already out. How about N1H1?
Go on, what about it?

Over 14,000 deaths no panic
Link?

cdc.gov
April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1

I am? Specifically, how?

Uncanny.

Will you admit that that is what Republicans did to Obama the entire 8years of his Presidency?

Forum List

Back