We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

Point is swine flu 2009-10 effected Far More Americans but Barry was President and media loved him thus No effort to foster a crisis upon Americans.
There are 4 elements to this otherwise benign flu virus
1.Hurt Trump
2.Punish those mostly white and privledged folks who mostly worked their assets off to get where they are and the perpetual victim class is jealous.
3. A test to see how quickly Americans will line up and obey and how far can they be pushed before they push back.
4. Something about the money we owe China

Last edited:
We're at 3,244 known cases now.

We're on a crappy curve to be sure. And still no coherent testing or any other plan. Gonna get way worse before it gets better.

Just pray we're not Italy
Social distancing to flatten the curve will hopefully help. Closing schools here. I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere, so I'll have to hope the herd immunity thing applies. Everyone apparently has at least three bottles of it, except for me.

They are STILL saying, if you have been exposed and you are showing symptoms, call your doctor. We apparently still haven't got enough test kits to test the people exposed until they get sick?
You don't need hand sanitizer plain old soap and water is just as effective
hand sanitizers don't rid your body of bacteria like soap.

Both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps are not more effective than plain old old fashioned soap

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

There is just something weird about the timing of this virus, from whence it came, and how MSM is going bonkers trying to scare everyone and government officials in each state are proclaiming businesses to close, food in short supply, China now blaming US soldiers for bringing it to their country, etc etc etc.

Add up everything..and it isn't looking too legitimate as "just something that happened out of the blue".

And the more each day that more rules are being set in place, guarantines, shortages, etc..the more suspicious I get.

I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?

I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?
so you think 6,750,000 americans are going to die? really? Really? wow. based on what? the current run of 105?

I would never have predicted that Americans on the whole would become so easily manipulated by media scare tactics.

having observed how conservatives are so easily manipulated by conservative media scare tactics I am NOT so surprised!

"liberals love TERRORISTS!"
"liberals HATE GOD (but only the christian god)
"liberals want to take away ALL of your rights and destroy the constitution!"

conservatives are easily manipulated by lies and fear and hate
OBAMA WAITED 6 MONTHS 12000 DIED
PELOSI PUTS UNRELATED GOODIES INTO CORONABILL TO PROMOTE ABORTIONS

Obama? No panic buying, stocks remained high, Americans are calm. Under control.

Trump? Discombobulations and chaos as what you see right now. Very busy pointing fingers.

Yesterday Pelosi just save Trump incompetent ass came out with a plan to help Americans with the support of impotent Republicans. Trump said he will sign it.
The deal was negotiated by Pelosi and Mnuchin. Trump was not involved.

I didn’t see any in that bill about abortions. Why do you lie?

While Pelosi and Dems work madly with Steve Munchkin on an emergency bill, Moscow Mitch McTurtle and his do-nothing cohorts dither and enjoy a nice long weekend.

Actually what I read from Tuesday Trump had a lunch with the GOPs Mitch the Russian boy told him go talk to Pelosi.

Trump is so scared of Pelosi so he sent Munchkin.

My spellcheck ALWAYS corrects Mnuchin to Munchkin. It's so appropriate, that I don't bother fixing it anymore!

And yep, "Nervous Nancy" has Dithering Dotard's number - "With you Donald, all roads lead to Putin!" :)

RTS2RKRY.jpg

There is just something weird about the timing of this virus, from whence it came, and how MSM is going bonkers trying to scare everyone and government officials in each state are proclaiming businesses to close, food in short supply, China now blaming US soldiers for bringing it to their country, etc etc etc.

Add up everything..and it isn't looking too legitimate as "just something that happened out of the blue".

And the more each day that more rules are being set in place, guarantines, shortages, etc..the more suspicious I get.

Got tinfoil Gracie - Or was you your local Wally World plumb out? :)

160216-nuzzi-trump-conspiracy-tease_km7vtv

Last edited:
I just went and got checked I’m negative for the virus
20dad123b8961b7f079f9b72cc6a05b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

having observed how conservatives are so easily manipulated by conservative media scare tactics I am NOT so surprised!

"liberals love TERRORISTS!"
"liberals HATE GOD (but only the christian god)
"liberals want to take away ALL of your rights and destroy the constitution!"

conservatives are easily manipulated by lies and fear and hate
OBAMA WAITED 6 MONTHS 12000 DIED
PELOSI PUTS UNRELATED GOODIES INTO CORONABILL TO PROMOTE ABORTIONS

Obama? No panic buying, stocks remained high, Americans are calm. Under control.

Trump? Discombobulations and chaos as what you see right now. Very busy pointing fingers.

Yesterday Pelosi just save Trump incompetent ass came out with a plan to help Americans with the support of impotent Republicans. Trump said he will sign it.
The deal was negotiated by Pelosi and Mnuchin. Trump was not involved.

I didn’t see any in that bill about abortions. Why do you lie?

While Pelosi and Dems work madly with Steve Munchkin on an emergency bill, Moscow Mitch McTurtle and his do-nothing cohorts dither and enjoy a nice long weekend.

Actually what I read from Tuesday Trump had a lunch with the GOPs Mitch the Russian boy told him go talk to Pelosi.

Trump is so scared of Pelosi so he sent Munchkin.

My spellcheck ALWAYS corrects Mnuchin to Munchkin. It's so appropriate, that I don't bother fixing it anymore!

And yep, "Nervous Nancy" has Dithering Dotard's number - "With you Donald, all roads lead to Putin!" :)

RTS2RKRY.jpg
I like this rant even more than the finger point
Nancy Pelosi tore up her copy of Trump's State of the Union speech - CNN Video

I just went and got checked I’m negative for the virus
20dad123b8961b7f079f9b72cc6a05b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what can you do now that you know? Can't go hang out with others who don't have it. How fking controlling is all of this. They stated yesterday in the press conference that a normal temperature is all you need to know. Mine is normal I don't get rewarded for that. Why not? Why not you? This is like gun nutters punishing the law abiding. The negative folks are punished. This is as stupid as it gets. Want to go out to dinner, have your temperature taken as you walk in, normal go sit down, if a temperature, see you after you are normal. Why is this so fking difficult for the population?

Was it necessary?
No, dope.

You honestly can't see a difference?

How many died of H1N1 before Obama did anything? same question relative to Trump and corona.

The Obama admin had already tested 1million people in the first month. It was well controlled. This is not at all.

Having thousands crammed at the airports for hours and hours just guaranteed the spread and eventual deaths of Americans over something that could be fixed with a phone call.

compare the numbers and get back to us

What numbers?
Tests?

the number infected and died from H1N1 and the same numbers for corona. get em and post em, if you are honest enough to do it.

Corona is 15-30 times more deadly. Please stop repeating Dotard's lies.

COVID-19, the illness caused by coronavirus, proves deadly in around 3.5 percent of confirmed cases.

While this is not the same as its mortality rate, given many people may be infected but not realise it, it is significantly higher than seasonal flu, which typically kills 0.1 percent of patients.

Contagiousness
Disease experts estimate that each COVID-19 sufferer infects between two to 3 others.

That's a reproduction rate up to twice as high as seasonal flu, which typically infects 1.3 new people for each patient.​

No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Just Like The Flu'. Here Are The Very Important Differences

How many died of H1N1 before Obama did anything? same question relative to Trump and corona.

The Obama admin had already tested 1million people in the first month. It was well controlled. This is not at all.

Having thousands crammed at the airports for hours and hours just guaranteed the spread and eventual deaths of Americans over something that could be fixed with a phone call.

compare the numbers and get back to us

What numbers?
Tests?

the number infected and died from H1N1 and the same numbers for corona. get em and post em, if you are honest enough to do it.

Corona is 15-30 times more deadly. Please stop repeating Dotard's lies.

COVID-19, the illness caused by coronavirus, proves deadly in around 3.5 percent of confirmed cases.

While this is not the same as its mortality rate, given many people may be infected but not realise it, it is significantly higher than seasonal flu, which typically kills 0.1 percent of patients.

Contagiousness
Disease experts estimate that each COVID-19 sufferer infects between two to 3 others.

That's a reproduction rate up to twice as high as seasonal flu, which typically infects 1.3 new people for each patient.​

No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Just Like The Flu'. Here Are The Very Important Differences
you have no idea, data isn't present to make a statement yet. too bad for a you-a

This virus has not affected as many americans as the every year flu or H1N1, bird flu, west nile, Sars, or any of the other humanity-ending pandemics that seem to occur every election year
Primarily because Trump has been reluctant to provide mass testing for Covid-19.
covid_19_testing_per_capita.jpg

Does that sound like running government like a business?

U.S. Offered ‘Large Sum’ to German Company for Access to Coronavirus Vaccine Research, German Officials Say

"BERLIN — The Trump administration attempted to persuade a German firm developing a possible vaccine for coronavirus to move its research work to the United States, German officials said, raising fears in Berlin that President Trump was trying to assure that any inoculation would be available first, and perhaps exclusively, in the United States."

I m

so you think 6,750,000 americans are going to die? really? Really? wow. based on what? the current run of 105?

You're not very smart, are you? Apparently, all you did was multiply by 10 without taking into account that the US has 3 times as many people. Unlike other viruses of the past, THIS virus spreads very fast, and we're not even sure exactly how it's spreading. It may actually be spreading when people are asymptomatic, particularly by children who may not ever show any symptoms

However, IF people don't take steps to avoid public places, the death toll could actually be far higher. So, IF this virus spreads to 60% of the population, the death toll could be in the neighborhood of 20 million people, and if we don't flatten the curve soon, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed like it is in Italy where they've had 2,158 deaths with only 27,980 known cases. Yeah, that's a death toll of 7.7%. And out of those 27,980 cases, only 2,790 people have fully recovered.

I m

"The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people."

In America, the 1918 influenza virus had a fatality rate in terms of the entire population of .66 percent. 675,000 divided by 103,000,000 = .00655339, or about .66 percent. Again, that is its fatality rate in terms of the entire population, not of those infected. It has been estimated that the 1918 flu infected about one third of the world's population and killed about 3.25 percent. That is a fatality rate of about 10 percent of those infected.

I m

"The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people."

In America, the 1918 influenza virus had a fatality rate in terms of the entire population of .66 percent. 675,000 divided by 103,000,000 = .00655339, or about .66 percent. Again, that is its fatality rate in terms of the entire population, not of those infected. It has been estimated that the 1918 flu infected about one third of the world's population and killed about 3.25 percent. That is a fatality rate of about 10 percent of those infected.

It's 0.1 % NOW because we have a vaccine for the Spanish flu now. Currently, there is no vaccine for Covid-19, and there probably won't be one for about a year and a half.

Forum List

Back