We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

And
I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?

"The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people."

In America, the 1918 influenza virus had a fatality rate in terms of the entire population of .66 percent. 675,000 divided by 103,000,000 = .00655339, or about .66 percent. Again, that is its fatality rate in terms of the entire population, not of those infected. It has been estimated that the 1918 flu infected about one third of the world's population and killed about 3.25 percent. That is a fatality rate of about 10 percent of those infected.

It's 0.1 % NOW because we have a vaccine for the Spanish flu now. Currently, there is no vaccine for Covid-19, and there probably won't be one for about a year and a half.
you blame trump! And that just makes you stupid
Yes the much ballyhooed destruction of mankind is littered with “it might....it could” and of course the insipid idea that Trump is holding up the full numbers being revealed

And for the billionth time, COVID-19 is NOT "the flu"! Additionally, public restrooms are often notoriously filthy IF they exist at all. Even then, they often don't feature hot water and often one must grab a door handle to get out, thus adding a myriad more potentially hazardous pathogens.

Failing to carry the proper hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE YOU GO is dumb for yourself and a danger to everyone around you.

CDC Statement for Healthcare Personnel on Hand Hygiene during the Response to the International Emergence of COVID-19
CDC recommendations reflect the important role of hand hygiene for preventing the transmission of pathogens in healthcare settings for a wide range of pathogens. The ability of hand hygiene, including hand washing or the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers to prevent infections is related to reductions in the number of viable pathogens that transiently contaminate the hands. Hand washing mechanically removes pathogens, while laboratory data demonstrate that 60% ethanol and 70% isopropanol, the active ingredients in CDC-recommended alcohol-based hand sanitizers, inactivates viruses that are genetically related to, and with similar physical properties as, the 2019-nCoV.

While the exact role of direct and indirect spread of coronaviruses between people that could be reduced by hand hygiene is unknown at this time, hand hygiene for infection prevention is an important part of the U.S. response to the international emergence of COVID-19.

CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene in healthcare settings, based upon greater access to hand sanitizer. Health care providers who use alcohol-based hand sanitizers as part of their hand hygiene routine can inform patients that they are following CDC guidelines.
Do you live in a health care setting?

I don't

And it does not matter if COVID is not the flu the mechanics are the same. Soap does not kill viruses it works as a detergent agent that destroys the lipid layer of the virus and lifts the viruses off of the skin so they can be washed away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did I say I lived in a health care setting? No, I didn't.

Address my points or buzz off :)
Soap is just as effective as alcohol at removing viruses from the skin because they both do the same thing which is to strip the lipid layer from the virus

As expected - Not a single one of my points addressed.

Well cool, you go on ahead and use dirty gas station and fast food restrooms to wash your hands.

Be sure to lick the door knobs and handles on exit.

Now buzz off :)

I don't eat at fast food restaurants nor do I use gas station bathrooms

I told you why alcohol is not more effective than washing with soap and water you just can't understand it.

So you never go out in public and never have to use a public restroom.

Okay - Cool. Say hello to your fellow homebound buddies. ;)

Do you live in a health care setting?

I don't

And it does not matter if COVID is not the flu the mechanics are the same. Soap does not kill viruses it works as a detergent agent that destroys the lipid layer of the virus and lifts the viruses off of the skin so they can be washed away.

Did I say I lived in a health care setting? No, I didn't.

Address my points or buzz off :)
Soap is just as effective as alcohol at removing viruses from the skin because they both do the same thing which is to strip the lipid layer from the virus

As expected - Not a single one of my points addressed.

Well cool, you go on ahead and use dirty gas station and fast food restrooms to wash your hands.

Be sure to lick the door knobs and handles on exit.

Now buzz off :)

I don't eat at fast food restaurants nor do I use gas station bathrooms

I told you why alcohol is not more effective than washing with soap and water you just can't understand it.

So you never go out in public and never have to use a public restroom.

Okay - Cool. Say hello to the your fellow homebound buddies. ;)

Where did I say that?

I said I don't go to fast food restaurants nor do I use gas station rest rooms.

you can't read very well can you?

And
I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?

"The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people."

In America, the 1918 influenza virus had a fatality rate in terms of the entire population of .66 percent. 675,000 divided by 103,000,000 = .00655339, or about .66 percent. Again, that is its fatality rate in terms of the entire population, not of those infected. It has been estimated that the 1918 flu infected about one third of the world's population and killed about 3.25 percent. That is a fatality rate of about 10 percent of those infected.

It's 0.1 % NOW because we have a vaccine for the Spanish flu now. Currently, there is no vaccine for Covid-19, and there probably won't be one for about a year and a half.
Yes the much ballyhooed destruction of mankind is littered with “it might....it could” and of course the insipid idea that Trump is holding up the full numbers being revealed

It is a FACT that Donnie opposed widespread testing because he didn't want people to know the scope of the problem.

As proof? His response to keeping 3500 people on a cruise ship because he didn't need the "numbers" on something that wasn't "our fault".

Toss down an ineffectual travel ban, say it'll probably "disappear" in April and phone it in as good. :rolleyes:

Y
And
I m

You think trump’s responsible for a virus in China, hahaha hahaha hahaha

I m

so you think 6,750,000 americans are going to die? really? Really? wow. based on what? the current run of 105?

You're not very smart, are you? Apparently, all you did was multiply by 10 without taking into account that the US has 3 times as many people. Unlike other viruses of the past, THIS virus spreads very fast, and we're not even sure exactly how it's spreading. It may actually be spreading when people are asymptomatic, particularly by children who may not ever show any symptoms

However, IF people don't take steps to avoid public places, the death toll could actually be far higher. So, IF this virus spreads to 60% of the population, the death toll could be in the neighborhood of 20 million people, and if we don't flatten the curve soon, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed like it is in Italy where they've had 2,158 deaths with only 27,980 known cases. Yeah, that's a death toll of 7.7%. And out of those 27,980 cases, only 2,790 people have fully recovered.
Well 10 times means 10 times there is 3 times more people in the country but he said 10 times as many deaths. Ten fking times as many

Yes, ten times as many for the death rate, but you have to take into account the overall population rate which is now 3 times what it was a hundred years ago. DUH!

Y
And
I m

No, I think trump is responsible for being an ignoramous and a compulsive liar. However, Trump is NOT responsible for his sycophant followers being so mind-numbingly fuckin' stupid as to believe anything that pompous egomaniacal narcissist says.

Do you know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of how blind love can make some people. I recall one time several years ago when a woman I knew and worked with introduced me to her new boyfriend. She thought he was wonderful; everyone else thought he was a lowlife moocher, and a lying loser. It was obvious to everyone, but she couldn't see it. She found out later that she had made a huge mistake in judgement. Do you know what she said to me and others?

"Why didn't you tell me?" It was kind of galling because we had tried to warn her.

Why do I tell this story, you may ask. I tell it for one reason. When you Trump supporters finally realize that your boy is screwing you over and doesn't give a tinkers damn about you because he only cares about rich people. don't come crying to people like me and ask us why we didn't warn you. Own your own stupidity.

And
I m

It is a FACT that Donnie opposed widespread testing because he didn't want people to know the scope of the problem.

As proof? His response to keeping 3500 people on a cruise ship because he didn't need the "numbers" on something that wasn't "our fault".

Toss down an ineffectual travel ban, say it'll probably "disappear" in April and phone it in as good. :rolleyes:
It’s no fact but rather your wish that Trump hid numbers so people could be put in peril
Kids in cages, illegals, Stormy Daniels, Kavanaugh, Mueller, impeachment and now this-all media driven and liberal supported fraudulent attempts to discredit Trump

And

It’s no fact but rather your wish that Trump hid numbers so people could be put in peril
Kids in cages, illegals, Stormy Daniels, Kavanaugh, Mueller, impeachment and now this-all media driven and liberal supported fraudulent attempts to discredit Trump

Tissue? Cookie?? Moist towelette??? :lol:

And

I’m not crying but rather stating facts and it’s You who is generating the false emotion laden assertions and responses. Evolve into adulthood first and you won’t need “hanky...tissue” to be your primary and only response

Do you think this could be the nwo elite operation? Look at china, lots of old people. For years they had a policy of one child only. Now they don't have enough young people to support the old people. Italy, lots of old people supported by not enough young. The USA, Social Security would be in much better shape if they could lose half the old people.
I don't think it is unreasonable to think those in control are cold blooded enough to eliminate a large group of old people.

And

I’m not crying but rather stating facts and it’s You who is generating the false emotion laden assertions and responses. Evolve into adulthood first and you won’t need “hanky...tissue” to be your primary and only response

Well then, perhaps you could suggest to your tribe that blaming Donnie's feeble & dithering COVID response on Obama, Dem Governors, and Foreigners as YOUR primary and only response is the mark of a feeble Dotardian mind.

But you won't ;)

Y
And

No, I think trump is responsible for being an ignoramous and a compulsive liar. However, Trump is NOT responsible for his sycophant followers being so mind-numbingly fuckin' stupid as to believe anything that pompous egomaniacal narcissist says.

Do you know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of how blind love can make some people. I recall one time several years ago when a woman I knew and worked with introduced me to her new boyfriend. She thought he was wonderful; everyone else thought he was a lowlife moocher, and a lying loser. It was obvious to everyone, but she couldn't see it. She found out later that she had made a huge mistake in judgement. Do you know what she said to me and others?

"Why didn't you tell me?" It was kind of galling because we had tried to warn her.

Why do I tell this story, you may ask. I tell it for one reason. When you Trump supporters finally realize that your boy is screwing you over and doesn't give a tinkers damn about you because he only cares about rich people. don't come crying to people like me and ask us why we didn't warn you. Own your own stupidity.
Naw, not convincing at all. Your rant is noted as that

I just went and got checked I’m negative for the virus
20dad123b8961b7f079f9b72cc6a05b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what can you do now that you know? Can't go hang out with others who don't have it. How fking controlling is all of this. They stated yesterday in the press conference that a normal temperature is all you need to know. Mine is normal I don't get rewarded for that. Why not? Why not you? This is like gun nutters punishing the law abiding. The negative folks are punished. This is as stupid as it gets. Want to go out to dinner, have your temperature taken as you walk in, normal go sit down, if a temperature, see you after you are normal. Why is this so fking difficult for the population?

You missed the joke you useful idiot

I’m not worried about it but I did get my wife and daughter one just incase
ac43cc4cb6c49994d4672942a96940a4.jpg

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
We caught on a while ago. All flu and viruses are different in many ways with different effects so the much ballyhooed “its different” does not mean anything other than to gin up emotional overreaction. That being so you entire discussion is tainted and not credible

I just went and got checked I’m negative for the virus
20dad123b8961b7f079f9b72cc6a05b4.jpg

what can you do now that you know? Can't go hang out with others who don't have it. How fking controlling is all of this. They stated yesterday in the press conference that a normal temperature is all you need to know. Mine is normal I don't get rewarded for that. Why not? Why not you? This is like gun nutters punishing the law abiding. The negative folks are punished. This is as stupid as it gets. Want to go out to dinner, have your temperature taken as you walk in, normal go sit down, if a temperature, see you after you are normal. Why is this so fking difficult for the population?

You missed the joke you useful idiot

Yep, I guess so

Forum List

Back