We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

We're on a crappy curve to be sure. And still no coherent testing or any other plan. Gonna get way worse before it gets better.

Just pray we're not Italy
Social distancing to flatten the curve will hopefully help. Closing schools here. I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere, so I'll have to hope the herd immunity thing applies. Everyone apparently has at least three bottles of it, except for me.

They are STILL saying, if you have been exposed and you are showing symptoms, call your doctor. We apparently still haven't got enough test kits to test the people exposed until they get sick?
You don't need hand sanitizer plain old soap and water is just as effective
hand sanitizers don't rid your body of bacteria like soap.

Both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps are not more effective than plain old old fashioned soap

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:
For Flu Protection, Is Hand-Washing Better Than Using Hand Sanitizer?

In a new study published in the journal mSphere, researchers found that hand-washing removed the flu virus from hands more quickly and more effectively than using a dab of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

No temperature, no virus. how come that's so hard for some of you?
Because it isn't true, Rube.

Infected people without symptoms might be driving the spread of coronavirus more than we realized - CNN
I love it, if there are no symptoms, how do you know they have it? based on what exactly? I'd say that's a false positive. how can someone have something so fking deadly and not show any signs they have it. explain it to us.

The same way you can have cancer and not die from it until after you reach stage 4.

Social distancing to flatten the curve will hopefully help. Closing schools here. I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere, so I'll have to hope the herd immunity thing applies. Everyone apparently has at least three bottles of it, except for me.

They are STILL saying, if you have been exposed and you are showing symptoms, call your doctor. We apparently still haven't got enough test kits to test the people exposed until they get sick?

Both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps are not more effective than plain old old fashioned soap

In a new study published in the journal mSphere, researchers found that hand-washing removed the flu virus from hands more quickly and more effectively than using a dab of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

And for the billionth time, COVID-19 is NOT "the flu"! Additionally, public restrooms are often notoriously filthy IF they exist at all. Even then, they often don't feature hot water and often one must grab a door handle to get out, thus adding a myriad more potentially hazardous pathogens.

Failing to carry the proper hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE YOU GO is dumb for yourself and a danger to everyone around you.

CDC Statement for Healthcare Personnel on Hand Hygiene during the Response to the International Emergence of COVID-19
CDC recommendations reflect the important role of hand hygiene for preventing the transmission of pathogens in healthcare settings for a wide range of pathogens. The ability of hand hygiene, including hand washing or the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers to prevent infections is related to reductions in the number of viable pathogens that transiently contaminate the hands. Hand washing mechanically removes pathogens, while laboratory data demonstrate that 60% ethanol and 70% isopropanol, the active ingredients in CDC-recommended alcohol-based hand sanitizers, inactivates viruses that are genetically related to, and with similar physical properties as, the 2019-nCoV.

While the exact role of direct and indirect spread of coronaviruses between people that could be reduced by hand hygiene is unknown at this time, hand hygiene for infection prevention is an important part of the U.S. response to the international emergence of COVID-19.

CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene in healthcare settings, based upon greater access to hand sanitizer. Health care providers who use alcohol-based hand sanitizers as part of their hand hygiene routine can inform patients that they are following CDC guidelines.

I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?
so you think 6,750,000 americans are going to die? really? Really? wow. based on what? the current run of 105?

You're not very smart, are you? Apparently, all you did was multiply by 10 without taking into account that the US has 3 times as many people. Unlike other viruses of the past, THIS virus spreads very fast, and we're not even sure exactly how it's spreading. It may actually be spreading when people are asymptomatic, particularly by children who may not ever show any symptoms

However, IF people don't take steps to avoid public places, the death toll could actually be far higher. So, IF this virus spreads to 60% of the population, the death toll could be in the neighborhood of 20 million people, and if we don't flatten the curve soon, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed like it is in Italy where they've had 2,158 deaths with only 27,980 known cases. Yeah, that's a death toll of 7.7%. And out of those 27,980 cases, only 2,790 people have fully recovered.

One day later, Italy has 31,506 confirmed cases with 2,503 fatalities. That's an increase of an additional 3,526 cases and an additional 345 deaths in just one day. See what happens when people don't take containing the virus seriously enough at first. You can bet they take it seriously now. BTW, Italy has a population of about 60 million people.

so all of those reporters at the presser that didn't have a temperature are ok but we're not? hahahahahahaha, you must be a leftist because that is inconsistent with the information they said yesterday.
How many of those reporters were tested?
rawImage.jpg

Trump Says He’s ‘Always’ Taken The Coronavirus Pandemic Seriously. He Hasn't. | HuffPost

"'I’ve always known this was a real ― this is a pandemic,' Trump said at a press conference Tuesday. 'I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.'"

Another MAGA lie?

And for the billionth time, COVID-19 is NOT "the flu"! Additionally, public restrooms are often notoriously filthy IF they exist at all. Even then, they often don't feature hot water and often one must grab a door handle to get out, thus adding a myriad more potentially hazardous pathogens.

Failing to carry the proper hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE YOU GO is dumb for yourself and a danger to everyone around you.

CDC Statement for Healthcare Personnel on Hand Hygiene during the Response to the International Emergence of COVID-19
CDC recommendations reflect the important role of hand hygiene for preventing the transmission of pathogens in healthcare settings for a wide range of pathogens. The ability of hand hygiene, including hand washing or the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers to prevent infections is related to reductions in the number of viable pathogens that transiently contaminate the hands. Hand washing mechanically removes pathogens, while laboratory data demonstrate that 60% ethanol and 70% isopropanol, the active ingredients in CDC-recommended alcohol-based hand sanitizers, inactivates viruses that are genetically related to, and with similar physical properties as, the 2019-nCoV.

While the exact role of direct and indirect spread of coronaviruses between people that could be reduced by hand hygiene is unknown at this time, hand hygiene for infection prevention is an important part of the U.S. response to the international emergence of COVID-19.

CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene in healthcare settings, based upon greater access to hand sanitizer. Health care providers who use alcohol-based hand sanitizers as part of their hand hygiene routine can inform patients that they are following CDC guidelines.
Do you live in a health care setting?

I don't

And it does not matter if COVID is not the flu the mechanics are the same. Soap does not kill viruses it works as a detergent agent that destroys the lipid layer of the virus and lifts the viruses off of the skin so they can be washed away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't

And it does not matter if COVID is not the flu the mechanics are the same. Soap does not kill viruses it works as a detergent agent that destroys the lipid layer of the virus and lifts the viruses off of the skin so they can be washed away.

:113:

300.jpg

I don't

Did I say I lived in a health care setting? No, I didn't.

Address my points or buzz off :)

I m
The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I continue to be amazed at the ignorance (if not the downright stupidity) of conservatives.

The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people. The Covid-19 virus has a fatality rate that's at least 10 times that of the flu, and our current population is around 330 million people. Do you need me to do the math for you?
so you think 6,750,000 americans are going to die? really? Really? wow. based on what? the current run of 105?

You're not very smart, are you? Apparently, all you did was multiply by 10 without taking into account that the US has 3 times as many people. Unlike other viruses of the past, THIS virus spreads very fast, and we're not even sure exactly how it's spreading. It may actually be spreading when people are asymptomatic, particularly by children who may not ever show any symptoms

However, IF people don't take steps to avoid public places, the death toll could actually be far higher. So, IF this virus spreads to 60% of the population, the death toll could be in the neighborhood of 20 million people, and if we don't flatten the curve soon, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed like it is in Italy where they've had 2,158 deaths with only 27,980 known cases. Yeah, that's a death toll of 7.7%. And out of those 27,980 cases, only 2,790 people have fully recovered.
Well 10 times means 10 times there is 3 times more people in the country but he said 10 times as many deaths. Ten fking times as many

I heard a good one today. Unfortunately Illinois lost a brave 60ish old victim today. The state’s health administration dr. Stated we lost someone’s loved one. Well fk, we’ve been losing someone’s loved ones by criminals for decades and these fkwads never say a word. So now vivid-19 means more than serial killers

I don't

Soap is just as effective as alcohol at removing viruses from the skin because they both do the same thing which is to strip the lipid layer from the virus

I m

One day later, Italy has 31,506 confirmed cases with 2,503 fatalities. That's an increase of an additional 3,526 cases and an additional 345 deaths in just one day. See what happens when people don't take containing the virus seriously enough at first. You can bet they take it seriously now. BTW, Italy has a population of about 60 million people.
Why does this make you sound like a happy Ive told you so?

And
I m

"The fatality rate for the Spanish flu is in the neighborhood of 0.1%. in 1918-19, 675,000 Americans died from the flu when our population was around 103 million people."

In America, the 1918 influenza virus had a fatality rate in terms of the entire population of .66 percent. 675,000 divided by 103,000,000 = .00655339, or about .66 percent. Again, that is its fatality rate in terms of the entire population, not of those infected. It has been estimated that the 1918 flu infected about one third of the world's population and killed about 3.25 percent. That is a fatality rate of about 10 percent of those infected.

It's 0.1 % NOW because we have a vaccine for the Spanish flu now. Currently, there is no vaccine for Covid-19, and there probably won't be one for about a year and a half.
you blame trump! And that just makes you stupid

I don't

Soap is just as effective as alcohol at removing viruses from the skin because they both do the same thing which is to strip the lipid layer from the virus

As expected - Not a single one of my points addressed.

Well cool, you go on ahead and use dirty gas station and fast food restrooms to wash your hands.

Be sure to lick the door knobs and handles on exit.

Now buzz off :)

Its a variety of virus stemmed flu.
You are wrong for the billionth time

I don't

Well cool, you go on ahead and use dirty gas station and fast food restrooms to wash your hands.

Tool

I don't

I don't eat at fast food restaurants nor do I use gas station bathrooms

I told you why alcohol is not more effective than washing with soap and water you just can't understand it.

I don't

Show Me the Science – When & How to Use Hand Sanitizer in Community Settings | Handwashing | CDC

CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible because handwashing reduces the amounts of all types of germs and chemicals on hands. But if soap and water are not available, using a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. The guidance for effective handwashing and use of hand sanitizer in community settings was developed based on data from a number of studies.

So the CDC says use soap and water first then alcohol based sanitizer IF soap and water are not available

Forum List

Back