We really need to understand there are differences

Are whites really wanting to ask serious questions about racism or are they going to keep trying to tell us non whites how we are more racist? Are whites really ready to examine the damage and advantages they have gained from racist policies of the past and now or are they going to continue to pretend it never happened?

You aren't white. YOu don't know what my life has been like. And you can't know. Poopy head.

How do you like that game now?

Its in the books. Slavery occurred, not just "there", here. The 14th Amendment is still not enforced. Think about what has never been known because of racism, or imagine Americans dying because of a segregated military. The nation cannot "turn back", and learning more about black contributions proves the destruction that awaits if attempted.

What in the world are you talking about?

If you don't know, shut up.

He or she was trying to say something TO ME, so why don't you be the one to shut up.

No.

Yes, blacks can be racist just as whites can be racist.

This is a silly OP.

Lots more background for white people to latch onto, hundreds of years. Why would Black Americans not be racist? Reading about Nat Turner's violence and anger forced me to remind myself, and look up slave punishments: backs broken, babies tossed with pitchforks, skin flayed..........all on a regular basis to PROPERTY. Yes, many whites were against it........but when did it end? Only with war, and hundreds of thousands dead. Notes of a Native Son, The Fire Next Time, the entire Harlem Reanissance is not enough.

Hundreds of thousands of dead whites. They died so you could be free.

Why would Black America not be racist? There is a couple hundred thousands of reasons right there.

Black lives, bodies and children.

Which is what motivated the anti-slavery people like Lincoln to fight such a bloody war.

Does that count for anything in your world?

Here we go with this shit again. Lincoln didn't give a damn about blacks..

0bc5591d6a602b0ee74a151977a69013.jpg

You aren't white. YOu don't know what my life has been like. And you can't know. Poopy head.

How do you like that game now?

Its in the books. Slavery occurred, not just "there", here. The 14th Amendment is still not enforced. Think about what has never been known because of racism, or imagine Americans dying because of a segregated military. The nation cannot "turn back", and learning more about black contributions proves the destruction that awaits if attempted.

He or she was trying to say something TO ME, so why don't you be the one to shut up.

No.

Then saying something that doesn't embarrass you with your stupidity.

Why do history texts need to be cited? Thousands of blacks fought in the Civil war, many in the Revolutionary War, (seperate regiments), and millions: WWII, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.

This is a silly OP.

Lots more background for white people to latch onto, hundreds of years. Why would Black Americans not be racist? Reading about Nat Turner's violence and anger forced me to remind myself, and look up slave punishments: backs broken, babies tossed with pitchforks, skin flayed..........all on a regular basis to PROPERTY. Yes, many whites were against it........but when did it end? Only with war, and hundreds of thousands dead. Notes of a Native Son, The Fire Next Time, the entire Harlem Reanissance is not enough.

Why would Black America not be racist? There is a couple hundred thousands of reasons right there.

Millions of dead blacks who really died so I could be free.

Nope. THeir deaths were part of the system and contributed nothing towards ending it.

That was white people fighting, the United States army, that freed your ancestors.

a6af7dcb44c67e869aea1ea020c55125.jpg

Wrong.

th

Blacks died fighting for freedom from day 1 long before the civil war. So stop lying to yourself.

th

th

th

No.

You are the only one here embarrassing yourself bigot.

Not one of us did what you named. Yes, there is racism, but it is on all sides.

Like the OP said there are levels to this. You can't say Tommy with a Magnifying glass killing ants is the same as McVeigh because both killed living things.

Be less stupid

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Which is what motivated the anti-slavery people like Lincoln to fight such a bloody war.

th

This is a silly OP.

Millions of dead blacks who really died so I could be free.

Nope. THeir deaths were part of the system and contributed nothing towards ending it.

That was white people fighting, the United States army, that freed your ancestors.

a6af7dcb44c67e869aea1ea020c55125.jpg

Wrong.

th

Blacks died fighting for freedom from day 1 long before the civil war. So stop lying to yourself.

th

th

th

He wasn't tanking about the small percentage of union, (or confederate) troops that were black. He was talking about slaves.

The deaths of slaves though the normal course of slavery, did not contribute to the end of slavery, other than in the pity it stirred in the hearts of whites.

No.

You are the only one here embarrassing yourself bigot.

And you know that you are lying.

th

Yep. Like many (all?) politicians he said different things to different people, depending on political reasons.

SO what do you do then?

Look at his actions to see which he really meant.

What were his actions?

Grinding the South to powder and freeing the slaves.

Black troops were inadequately fed, clothed and housed, subject to constant racial insults that could lead to death. All available history.

Black troops were inadequately fed, clothed and housed, subject to constant racial insults that could lead to death. All available history.

Which means what exactly? How does that detract from those white people that died for your freedom?

I thought many were offered return trips to Iberia. Many writings show negro exit strategies were discussed.

Which means what exactly? How does that detract from those white people that died for your freedom?

Its history, and mine is tainted(.) "Those who do not remember the past......." Black Americans were given the freedom to die......

Its history, and mine is tainted(.) "Those who do not remember the past......." Black Americans were given the freedom to die......

Sounds like time to make africa great again

For too many times here I have argued with mods about the content here in this section. Far too many times I get responses back with false equivalences of equal racism between blacks and whites. I think we need to understand that there is a difference here and an important distinction needs to be made relative to this matter.

What we call racism by standard has been a general belief by whites not based on anything but a shared ideal that certain people are inferior to whites, What is referred to as black racism is the angry response to people who tell us we are inferior.

There is a major difference and intelligent adults should be able to recognize that difference and try understanding how you would feel if you were the group told how you were all stupid, that your race has never done anything, and that if not for the white man you'd be nothing. I don't think you'd appreciate being called a racist for saying your race is superior after reading pages of how inferior you are to whites in every way. Only a human with no personal pride would accept this kind if constant denigration without fighting back. Yet here blacks doing this are called racists.

Blacks did not choose to come here on the Mayflower with a belief they were superior and more civilized than everyone else. We were bought here on ships like the Amistad then sold into lifetime bondage because of that belief. Then after slavery was made illegal whites created another system on inequality that continued to enforce that same belief for an additional 100 plus years. Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .

We were bought here on ships like the Amistad then sold into lifetime bondage because of that belief.

We?
Just how old are you?

I bet if you asked them, they would say they were given the freedom to fight for the freedom of their people.

I would not belittle them or their sacrifice by calling them victims.

Forum List

Back