We really need to understand there are differences

Yep. Like many (all?) politicians he said different things to different people, depending on political reasons.

SO what do you do then?

Look at his actions to see which he really meant.

What were his actions?

Grinding the South to powder and freeing the slaves.

His action was done to save the union. Because when you read the EP, he never freed any slaves but those in the confederacy and they were not part of the US.

If he had resigned, and let his vp have the office, the war would never have happened, now would it?

Hell, if he had not run, there would have been no threat to the union.

Your imaginary version of history is just not so.

You quote from Lincoln said all he wanted was to save the union.

The easiest way to do that would have been to give the southern states what they wanted.

If they don't rebel, the union is fine.

Instead, he just happened to find that the best way to save the union was to end slavery and crush the South.

You judge a politician by what he does, not what he says.

The war was not fought over slavery. We've been over that The OP here is not about slavery.

It is about the different experiences we have had and how it is called racism by those like you.
You were slaves. You did not have the opportunity to do very much. It is in the nature of slavery.

The northern whites elected a president knowing that he was a rabid anti-slavery guy, and that south would be very unhappy about that.

THey fought knowing that if not for the slavery issue, the fight would likely not be happening.

The end result was America as it was, but without slavery. And a much poorer south.

We were slaves but we fought slavery. And died doing so. We fought slavery from he beginning of it.

Your imaginary version of history just is not so.

Any long lasting system of slavery is all about dealing with the resistance of people who don't want to work for nothing.

That's more than "part of slavery", that's what slavery IS.

The failed resistance of a slave here or there, or a few that managed to run away is not what ended slavery.

It was these guys.

8433094_orig.jpg

Too bad that's not so.

The Union army did not win the Civil War and end slavery in the United States?

Tell me some more about how educated you are! LOL!!!

The war was not fought to end slavery. We've been over that.

The OP is not about the civil war.

True, it wast was mostly nationalism on both sides.

But slavery was the primary cause and the end result was Emancipation.

His action was done to save the union. Because when you read the EP, he never freed any slaves but those in the confederacy and they were not part of the US.

If he had resigned, and let his vp have the office, the war would never have happened, now would it?

The easiest way to do that would have been to give the southern states what they wanted.

Instead, he just happened to find that the best way to save the union was to end slavery and crush the South.

The war was not fought over slavery. We've been over that The OP here is not about slavery.

It is about the different experiences we have had and how it is called racism by those like you.
We were slaves but we fought slavery. And died doing so. We fought slavery from he beginning of it.

Your imaginary version of history just is not so.

Any long lasting system of slavery is all about dealing with the resistance of people who don't want to work for nothing.

The failed resistance of a slave here or there, or a few that managed to run away is not what ended slavery.

It was these guys.

8433094_orig.jpg

Too bad that's not so.

We have discussed this and you can believe what you want, but there is no Santa Claus just like the civil war was not fought for slavery.

Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .
I was actually just thinking about this today - that it really hasn't been that long ago that men were fighting for their rights, marching and wearing signs that said, I AM A MAN. It's a shame that some folks had to be convinced that other folks share their humanity. It's also a shame that the sense of superiority in some remains pretty much unchanged even today - regardless of changes made to laws written on paper.

40 years? 50? More?
Thats less than the 400 year head start whites gave themselves while holding back Blacks and other people of color. If the favor was returned whites would fall into the dark ages again.

My "head start" consisted solely of a good upbringing in a stable two parent home.

And nothing is stopping blacks and other people of color from doing that for their children today, or a generation ago, their parent(s).

That's on you and yours.
Wrong. I grew up in a stable two parent. Somehow the whites that owned the opportunities for jobs still discriminated against me because I was Black. The only thing whites need to do is not be lazy. With Black people you have to fight every inch of the way and be obviously 10x better than all the whites.

Where should a white person post a serious question about rascism on this Board?
When you say "ask a question" do you mean "tell you Blacks what you are doing wrong"? The reason I ask is because when most whites ask me a question online its normally just a ruse to play the blame game.

Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .
I was actually just thinking about this today - that it really hasn't been that long ago that men were fighting for their rights, marching and wearing signs that said, I AM A MAN. It's a shame that some folks had to be convinced that other folks share their humanity. It's also a shame that the sense of superiority in some remains pretty much unchanged even today - regardless of changes made to laws written on paper.

40 years? 50? More?
Thats less than the 400 year head start whites gave themselves while holding back Blacks and other people of color. If the favor was returned whites would fall into the dark ages again.

My "head start" consisted solely of a good upbringing in a stable two parent home.

And nothing is stopping blacks and other people of color from doing that for their children today, or a generation ago, their parent(s).

That's on you and yours.
Wrong. I grew up in a stable two parent. Somehow the whites that owned the opportunities for jobs still discriminated against me because I was Black. The only thing whites need to do is not be lazy. With Black people you have to fight every inch of the way and be obviously 10x better than all the whites.

I hope your giving your children the same "Privilege".

My point stands.

That's on you and yours.

Where should a white person post a serious question about rascism on this Board?
When you say "ask a question" do you mean "tell you Blacks what you are doing wrong"? The reason I ask is because when most whites ask me a question online its normally just a ruse to play the blame game.

The question was about Carver, I saw the responses. Mostly, denigrating the Greatest Scientist this country ever produced.

Last edited:

It was these guys.

8433094_orig.jpg

Too bad that's not so.

We have discussed this and you can believe what you want, but there is no Santa Claus just like the civil war was not fought for slavery.

And what do you want us white folks to do about it?

Too bad that's not so.

Grow up, stop making excuses, quit lying about how you are being discriminated against, admit you have benefited from white racism and change.

Grow up, stop making excuses, quit lying about how you are being discriminated against, admit you have benefited from white racism and change.

I benefit from not being a whiney black guy.

How has being a whiney black guy worked out for you?

You're a whiney white guy. As for your question, I don't know because I don't whine.

You're a whiney white guy. As for your question, I don't know because I don't whine.

Pointing at you and laughing isn't whining.

And every thread you're on is nothing but non-stop whining from you.

I don't whine. But you do.

Waahhh....whites are racist......waahhhhh.....I came here on a ship as a slave........waaahhhhh.

LOL. That's what I thought. Thanks for the laugh.

There ARE differences. And blacks are trailing the pack. Not to say that they couldn't pull their pants up and catch up, they just don't seem to want to.

Yeah right. Maybe we need to enact laws that make it so for 188 years whites don't get the same opportunities we do then let's see who is behind.
Blacks tried to build a society called Africa but it's a total failure. You should thank your lucky stars that whites let you ungrateful bunch live in our society.

Waahhh....whites are racist......waahhhhh.....I came here on a ship as a slave........waaahhhhh.

Can't win a debate just troll ad you'll fond some else white here to join you.

LOL. That's what I thought. Thanks for the laugh.

Like I said....

There ARE differences. And blacks are trailing the pack. Not to say that they couldn't pull their pants up and catch up, they just don't seem to want to.

Yeah right. Maybe we need to enact laws that make it so for 188 years whites don't get the same opportunities we do then let's see who is behind.
Blacks tried to build a society called Africa but it's a total failure. You should thank your lucky stars that whites let you ungrateful bunch live in our society.

Africa is a continent that has 54 different countries on it. It was ding quite fine until whites decided they had rights to the continent. There is nothing to thank.

Can't win a debate just troll ad you'll fond some else white here to join you.

Whiteys are ganging up on me......waah.....

Africa is a continent that has 54 different countries on it. It was ding quite fine until whites decided they had rights to the continent. There is nothing to thank.

Which African nations are in good shape today?

Forum List

Back