We will never convince the deniers.

Are you suggesting that was the opinion of mainstream science at the time?

Are you suggesting that mainstream science at some point was certain that manned flight was not possible, and that at one time that science was also settled?

How about the Earth being flat? Wasn't that science settled also?

And that the planets, and sun revolved around the Earth? Settled science? Yep.

In fact people were burnt at the stake for "Settled Science" that later was prove FALSE. So you see when you say the Science is Settled, and the Debate is Over you are obvious in your fear of further discussion because it could reveal the fallacy of your failed MMGW RELIGION.

Little advice. Get a life. Believing in MMGW won't fulfill your importance as a human being. You aren't special. Get over it.
The examples you mentioned were things that were found out by science thru innovation...

What deniers advocate is that there is no innovation if that innovation involves alternative sources of energy -- because they feel the fact that we will always have fossil fuels forever is settled science

We have reliable, large scale, emission-free energy available today.
AGW is going to kill us all, but greens still hate nuclear.
I guess they really aren't serious about the threat of AGW.

Strong point.

Did you read the other three paragraphs of my post? You MMGW promoters must get some kind of weird fulfillment out of the self importance in thinking you can affect global climate with more taxes. Yeah, it is a strong point.

I think they see Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima and feel some hesitation. They are entirely justified. Would you, Todd, support building a nuke plant with any of the technology that failed at Three Mile Island or Chernobyl or in a location like that chosen for Fukushima?

Ooooo....A small island with the population of South Carolina is reeeeeealy going to put a dent in worldwide CO2 emissions.
It's put a dent in your categorical assertion which has been shown to be wrong, which you can't acknowledge, demonstrated by the way you keep repeating it. But that is the way of deniers.

Last edited:

I think they see Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima and feel some hesitation. They are entirely justified. Would you, Todd, support building a nuke plant with any of the technology that failed at Three Mile Island or Chernobyl or in a location like that chosen for Fukushima?

I think they see Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima and feel some hesitation.

But global warming is gonna cause the evacuation of billions......right?
Compared to 500,000...….right?

Would you, Todd, support building a nuke plant with any of the technology that failed at Three Mile Island or Chernobyl or in a location like that chosen for Fukushima?

Well, building a reactor with no containment structure in a pile of carbon is something only
a Commie would do.....and I'm a big supporter of not building where a tidal wave can hit your reactor
and if I did, I'd make sure there was plenty of fuel for the coolant pumps on a high enough floor that
I could keep the reactor cool.

Do you think we may have better designs now than we used at Three Mile Island?

You guys go about it the wrong way. Respectfully speaking.
From experience there is no right way. We have accepted the way things are. But I might be too closed minded, true.

What is the right way in your opinion?

We have to hold our friends whom identify as conservative to actually being conservative. If they cannot or will not be conservative in these discussions, then, ask why. As it is, I spend a great deal of my leisure time doing that. There's much to say about the sorry state of conservatism in modern America, however.

I'll say this. As a conservative I believe we should conserve our natural resources. Right?

I just woke up, though, I've been working nights, so my days and nights are backward, man. I'm just kind of flipping through the threads.

Ooooo....A small island with the population of South Carolina is reeeeeealy going to put a dent in worldwide CO2 emissions.
It's put a dent in your categorical assertion which has been shown to be wrong, which you can't acknowledge, demonstrated by the way you keep repeating it. But that is the way of deniers.
Which assertion would that be, Skeezix?

There is no evidence of any concern in the public to take the science seriously.......none.
Then there is the govt. of NZ, which has refused to issue fossil fuel survey permits. It's taking the science seriously. That is evidence of concern, you are wrong, again.

Got-dammit you warmers are hilarious!...:auiqs.jpg:

As you will learn, ideas can be dangerous things.

As you've heard before, it would be immensely cheaper to prevent the problem than to deal with its consequences. And the longer you wait, the worse that comparison grows.

As you've heard before, it would be immensely cheaper to prevent the problem than to deal with its consequences. And the longer you wait, the worse that comparison grows.
As I've discovered, you're too much of a dullard to understand the most basic of economic laws and models....That you can further try to pass yourself off as some sort of savant of science is laughable.

We will never convince the deniers. Giant world wide conspiracy theories are fun and exciting to think about. Slowly changing climates, where the action happens over years or even decades, just can't compete with that for entertainment value.
Then there is the feeling of belonging these socially handicapped tRumpkins get from high-fiving each other every time they think they've scored some sort of point. For instance the 2 dozen or so threads that were started about the polar vortex disruptions last week.

And finally there's the way these things are presented to them, as if they are some kinda privileged information that only a chosen few get to know. It makes them feel (falsely) superior to everyone else, even if only for a few minutes, and that can be a powerful thing if you suffer from low self esteem like the vast majority of these nut-bars do.

Are you a Church of Scientology member?

How many trillions do we need to waste...err...invest in windmills, to make sure the climate never ever changes?

dont forget the trillions we will need to invest in preventing the earths orbit from changing or controling the sun or the fluctuation in the magnatic poles or the rotations and heat of the eatrhs core.
And solar flares along with the natural effects of gravity on the earth from the rest of the universe
You know all the natural things that affect the earth and our inviroment or cortezs plans to pump and store carbon into the earths crust or into space

We will never convince the deniers on the radical left that the real problem is the amount of people on the Earth and the effects of nature .
One nation changing is of little importance the effect of their plans will assure that our nation becomes a economic pit of dung .
350 million aginst 7.7 billion they just dont get it.
They dont seem to understand affordable technology to make their dreams possible is not in existance yet on large nation scale or global scale and matain or energy needs for 7.7 billion people .

Hey DUDE heres your ? mark and . as for a colon you already have a big one and need to remove another body part from it o i didnt use a period or capitalize the i.i
Like I give a rats rear end but the DUDE cares.

We will never convince the deniers. Giant world wide conspiracy theories are fun and exciting to think about. Slowly changing climates, where the action happens over years or even decades, just can't compete with that for entertainment value.
Then there is the feeling of belonging these socially handicapped tRumpkins get from high-fiving each other every time they think they've scored some sort of point. For instance the 2 dozen or so threads that were started about the polar vortex disruptions last week.

And finally there's the way these things are presented to them, as if they are some kinda privileged information that only a chosen few get to know. It makes them feel (falsely) superior to everyone else, even if only for a few minutes, and that can be a powerful thing if you suffer from low self esteem like the vast majority of these nut-bars do.

Are you a Church of Scientology member?
LMf'nAO!!!!!

Are you nuts?

Forum List

Back