Weekend At Ginsburg's Begins

I'd give them till. . . . what, say July at the latest to prove competancy? They are trying to put it off as late as they can so the Dems can use the Biden rule so Trump can't nominate another Judge.

No! That's WAY too late, with respect. The USSC session ends in June; she needs to be back working by March, IMO, or people do have a valid question about her fitness to serve. And we need proof of life before that, IMO, because a serious question has been raised about just how ill she is, or whether she's even alive. Invisible concert attendance when no one at all sees her ----------- wow, does that ever not cut it.
Possibly it's simply that her medical attendants don't KNOW if she'll recover enough to come back, but know she wants that option preserved. Another month should make things a lot clearer.
That's what happened in the several cases in the past when Justices had bad strokes or dementia and refused to retire: time took care of the situation within a reasonable period. (And never by the Justice returning.....)

FACT. she is alive, has been seen in public, and most likely will not show up for state of union, just like her & other justices have not gone in the past.
Sure, but these conspiracy theories are fun to watch, aren't they?

I don't think she has been seen in public. In fact, that very point was referred to in the news article about her going to a concert. No photos? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Gives one furiously to think.

Suppose she is alive and did go to the concert: a good reason not to allow photos might be that she's debilitated and can't hold herself up. People would of course agitate for her to retire (and not unreasonably!), which if she's compos mentis, she wouldn't want.

Or they have a double....
You have to remember that if she's actually not capable of working all the paperwork coming out of her house with her signature on it actually constitutes a federal crime.
Now that they're into it this far they can't really give up until they're caught.

Jo

Last edited:
Trump should go visit her, pay his respects and wish her well in her recovery
#makesureshe'snotdead

Oh, he knows. People tell him things: because he's the Prez. That's why I think she's alive (that and no one could keep a secret that big!!) but quite debilitated with her return in doubt. He's not running around---yet---looking for a replacement. So I'm guessing they simply don't know yet whether she'll recover. Time will tell.

I'd give them till. . . . what, say July at the latest to prove competancy? They are trying to put it off as late as they can so the Dems can use the Biden rule so Trump can't nominate another Judge.

No! That's WAY too late, with respect. The USSC session ends in June; she needs to be back working by March, IMO, or people do have a valid question about her fitness to serve. And we need proof of life before that, IMO, because a serious question has been raised about just how ill she is, or whether she's even alive. Invisible concert attendance when no one at all sees her ----------- wow, does that ever not cut it.
Possibly it's simply that her medical attendants don't KNOW if she'll recover enough to come back, but know she wants that option preserved. Another month should make things a lot clearer.
That's what happened in the several cases in the past when Justices had bad strokes or dementia and refused to retire: time took care of the situation within a reasonable period. (And never by the Justice returning.....)

Oh but she has returned....this was spotted on her desk this morning.
gallantry_wood_cremation_urn__41802.1420504279.500.659.jpg

Last edited:
#makesureshe'snotdead

Oh, he knows. People tell him things: because he's the Prez. That's why I think she's alive (that and no one could keep a secret that big!!) but quite debilitated with her return in doubt. He's not running around---yet---looking for a replacement. So I'm guessing they simply don't know yet whether she'll recover. Time will tell.

Who is doing the opinion writing?
One wonders.

Jo

#makesureshe'snotdead

I don't believe she's dead either. What would the point in telling that lie? At best they could keep that a secret for what, a month, maybe two? That gains them nothing as Trump would STILL be able to pick her replacement.

Well, there is one theory that is out there. That being that there is some crucial case coming up that another Trump nominee would seal a verdict one way or the other and whomever is hiding RBG's death doesn't want the case swinging "the wrong way" but that seems unlikely..

More likely is she's just in really really bad shape and doesn't want that made public.

I doubt she is dead, but it is getting more likely by the day that she is in an induced coma. The Media has a blackout until they can report positive news, as always doing the bidding of the Democratic Party.
not saying it didn't happen but it would now require everyone to lie and only 1 person to say "she wasn't there" to blow something like this up.

#makesureshe'snotdead

I still think we should all be sending free cannolis to the Latina!

Jo

FACT. she is alive, has been seen in public, and most likely will not show up for state of union, just like her & other justices have not gone in the past.
Sure, but these conspiracy theories are fun to watch, aren't they?

I don't think she has been seen in public. In fact, that very point was referred to in the news article about her going to a concert. No photos? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Gives one furiously to think.

Suppose she is alive and did go to the concert: a good reason not to allow photos might be that she's debilitated and can't hold herself up. People would of course agitate for her to retire (and not unreasonably!), which if she's compos mentis, she wouldn't want.

Or they have a double....
You have to remember that if she's actually not capable of working all the paperwork coming out of her house with her signature on it actually constitutes a federal crime.
Now that they're into it this far they can't really give up until they're caught.

Jo

Time for Senate investigative committee to open an official inquiry.

From the time she left her house to the time she is at the Capitol building must be recorded. And how she has energy is must be known. She is decripit.

I doubt she is dead, but it is getting more likely by the day that she is in an induced coma. The Media has a blackout until they can report positive news, as always doing the bidding of the Democratic Party.

It's as clear as day at this point.

Anyone that can't see it, has got a few screws loose.

Trump should have picks ready to go, NOW, and if proof of competency is not ready to go by then? It goes forward in July.
. Pssst. There is no "Biden Rule". It's "we have the majority so we make the rules". Trump will get his pick even if it is the day before the election.

Forum List

Back