🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Weird GOP Deathwish?

The problem with the Republican voters has been too much loyalty. As for 'keeping Congress more honest', they obviously have been making an effort, I'd love to see the same with Democrats. Please do not site the number of years of Republican administrations, as that is more a function of candidates, who votes, etc.

On the other hand, changes are coming on the Republican side, there better be some choices or I foresee a few more independents, Libertarians in Congress in the future:

http://instapundit.com/archives2/006670.php

June 27, 2007

BRENDAN NYHAN:

The Wall Street Journal editorial board warns that the immigration debate threatens to make the GOP a minority party. They're right. It splits the Republicans right down the middle, demoralizes the base in advance of 2008, and is prompting a conservative counter-mobilization that could make Latinos a Democratic constituency for years to come.

Ironically, the issue was not pushed to the top of the legislative agenda by Democrats. As John B. Judis points out, Democrats haven't been able to push through any legislation that splits Republicans and forces a Bush veto (for now, at least, GOP party loyalty is too strong to overcome a filibuster).

Instead, Bush has been doing the Democrats' work for them.
Yes, this is why it seems so odd to me that they would do this -- particularly as it's also hurting them with supporters they'll soon need on the war. if Bush loses on the bill, it's a big loss with lots of collateral damage. If he wins, it may be even worse.
posted at 10:57 PM by Glenn Reynolds

and this one

Don't aid alien fugitives

The Senate immigration bill is huge windfall for illegal-alien absconders — fugitives who ignored an immigration judge's order to leave the country. Following the September 11 attacks, federal immigration officials were troubled by the fact that they did not know the whereabouts of approximately 314,000 immigrants who had been ordered deported. While Congress and the Bush administration have talked tough since then about dealing with such aliens, their numbers have more than doubled to approximately 636,000 today. These aliens run the gamut from persons ordered deported for their involvement in terrorist activities to criminals convicted of everything from shoplifting to DUI to murder.

Two days ago, the Senate voted 64-35 in favor of shutting off debate on the immigration bill. Today, the legislation (S. 1639) faces another important procedural vote, with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid once again requiring at least 60 votes for cloture. If Mr. Reid and amnesty proponents prevail, the biggest illegal-alien winners will be the fugitives — the very people who have deliberately violated court orders. According to Kris Kobach, who served as Attorney General John Ashcroft's top adviser on immigration issues, under Section S. 601(f)(2) of the Senate bill, amnesty — for fugitives and illegals alike — must begin within 180 days of the bill's signing into law — without any "border enforcement triggers" being met.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/EDITORIAL/106280007/1013

1. The number of illegal immigrants estimated to be here are from 12-24+ mil!

2. 5+ million cheat the government out of over $35 Billion a year in income taxes.

3. At the same time they receive $30 Billion a year in government benefits!

4. 96% of increased enrollment in public schools is due to immigration. Parents of those students contribute little or nothing in taxes to support education!

5. 2002 - American Hospital Assoc. paid $21 Billion in uncompensated healthcare..this does not include Government and private clinics costs. US Census Bureau 2003 report; 30.6% Hispanics vs. 9% other received means tested government benefits (welfare, healthcare, food stamps).

7. These 30.6% contributed NOTHING to the government while receiving benefits.

8. Taxpayers pay $12 Billion annually for illegal’s education. Add children born here to illegal parents = $28.6 Billion.

9. Providing dual language programs represents additional expense Of $290-$879 PER pupil PLUS free meals/books for illegal children in our classrooms.

10. 270,000 = number of illegal aliens spending time in our jails in 2003. 1 in 5 in our prison population are illegal aliens convicted of a felony AFTER entering our county illegally.

11. Illegal aliens displace approximately 730,000 American workers every year!

12. $20 BILLION in remittances sent back to Mexico last year! That’s a lot of $ taken out of our Economy to be sent home to their own!

http://uncooperativeblogger.wordpress.com/facts-on-the-cost-of-illegal-alien-invaders/

Illegals and some politicans say illegals have rights..............

Attachments

• $square-large-forecast-back.gif
    $square-large-forecast-back.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 46
Without a doubt, he spent his capital, I do think some Senators though wrote the bill, in a smoke free room, (maybe not smoke free, I do believe they wrote in an exemption for the Capitol).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_go_co/congress_immigration

Immigration bill faces crucial vote

By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer 29 minutes ago

Conservative Republican senators and a handful of Democrats are trying to put a final knife in President Bush's plan for legalizing millions of unlawful immigrants.

Without a doubt, he spent his capital, I do think some Senators though wrote the bill, in a smoke free room, (maybe not smoke free, I do believe they wrote in an exemption for the Capitol).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_go_co/congress_immigration

It is not over yet Kathy

Illegals bill loses support in Senate
By Stephen Dinan

The Senate immigration bill lost supporters yesterday and hangs on by a thread heading into this morning's showdown vote, after lawmakers voted down amendments making illegal aliens show roots to get legal status and cutting off their path to citizenship.

This morning's vote is on a parliamentary question about limiting debate, but it boils down to a vote to block the bill.

It is not over yet Kathy

Illegals bill loses support in Senate
By Stephen Dinan

The Senate immigration bill lost supporters yesterday and hangs on by a thread heading into this morning's showdown vote, after lawmakers voted down amendments making illegal aliens show roots to get legal status and cutting off their path to citizenship.

This morning's vote is on a parliamentary question about limiting debate, but it boils down to a vote to block the bill.

Actually it looks like it may be dead, that won't change how I feel about Bush's involvement or those Republicans that pushed this, ignoring the people.

I find it interesting that several of the more recently elected Democrats from Republican leaning states have joined the antis in fighting this. Too bad none are from Illinois.

Actually it looks like it may be dead, that won't change how I feel about Bush's involvement or those Republicans that pushed this, ignoring the people.

I find it interesting that several of the more recently elected Democrats from Republican leaning states have joined the antis in fighting this. Too bad none are from Illinois.

I agree with you. Pres Bush lost my support over this mess

It seems talk radio may have made a difference

Talk radio, for the most part, voiced my opinon on this bill

Voiced and determined are two different things. To say 'they won it' would certainly forward the arguments being made for the Fairness Doctrine.

Voiced and determined are two different things. To say 'they won it' would certainly forward the arguments being made for the Fairness Doctrine.

With the exception of Fox News and talk radio (and of course the internet) where was the bill exposed for what it really was

IF we win this Kathy, it will cause the powers that be to increase their attacks on talk radio and to pass the Fairness Doctrine

After all, we "loud people' need to be silenced

With the exception of Fox News and talk radio (and of course the internet) where was the bill exposed for what it really was

IF we win this Kathy, it will cause the powers that be to increase their attacks on talk radio and to pass the Fairness Doctrine

After all, we "loud people' need to be silenced

Funny, 'we' are not just Republicans or those that spout off from Talking Heads. 'We' are the people, Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Christians, Jews, atheists, white, black, red, yellow, etc.

Funny, 'we' are not just Republicans or those that spout off from Talking Heads. 'We' are the people, Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Christians, Jews, atheists, white, black, red, yellow, etc.

Yes, on this one, a huge majority of Amercia was in agreement

Forum List

Back