Well here we go NAACP calls for the destruction of Stone Mountain

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
I was just thinking about this a couple days ago, I knew demands to destroy the artwork would be coming soon.
They should change their name to NAACTP.

"National Association for the Advancement of Colored Taliban People".

NAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia's Stone Mountain

The Confederate Memorial Carving on Stone Mountain, Ga., depicts Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Gens. Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson in relief.

(John Bazemore / Associated Press)

By DAVID NGcontact the reporter

"" style="border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Atlanta NAACP chapter wants Confederate carving removed from side of Stone Mountain

The famous outdoor relief sculpture depicting Confederate leaders on Stone Mountain in Georgia has come under attack from the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP. The chapter's leader is calling for the removal of the Confederate Memorial Carving that depicts Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

lRelatedNATIONConfederate flag is coming down in South Carolina; battles go on elsewhereSEE ALL RELATED

A press release from Richard Rose, the president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, calls for the elimination of the Confederate carving, calling it a "glorification of white supremacy."

Confederate flag paintings to go on display at Laguna Art Museum

"It is time for Georgia and other Southern states to end the glorification of slavery and white supremacy paid for and maintained with the taxes of all its citizens," the release states.

"History reminds us that despite the hero status accorded to Robert E. Lee, the West Point educated Lee was a traitor who led the military effort of the breakaway states, including Georgia."

cComments

Folks. There's a part of our history that involves slavery and bondage. You can tear down every monument you want in efforts to erase the past, but in the end, you've failed to re-write history. All the monuments should stand. They should stand as reminders. They are teaching moments....

HERBIE V.

AT 12:09 PM JULY 14, 2015

ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

The release continues, "The insurrection's sole purpose was to create a separate nation that would maintain the enslavement of generations of African descendants."

Rose said in a phone interview with The Times on Tuesday that "symbols demonstrate people's mindset. They mean something. There are monuments all over the South... that were erected to demonstrate and celebrate white supremacy."

He said that the art work is also inappropriate because none of the Confederate leaders depicted hails from Georgia.

TV Land drops 'The Dukes of Hazzard' reruns

"The heritage we should be celebrating is the U.S. heritage. We're not a separate nation," Rose said. He added that he is working with local lawmakers to push this issue forward.

In an interview with local Atlanta WSB-TV, Rose said that the Confederate carvings "can be sandblasted off or someone can carefully remove a slab of that" to sell at auction to the highest bidder.

NAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia apos s Stone Mountain - LA Times

Last edited:
No link in the OP? Almost guaranteed to be bullshit

"Liberals doing stupid shit" needs no link. Its guaranteed.

Yeah, except its not liberals its one guy

The very first sentence says this:

The Famous outdoor relief sculpture depicting Confederate leaders on Stone Mountain in Georgia has come under attack from the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP. The chapter's leader is calling for the removal of the Confederate Memorial Carving that depicts Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

A press release from Richard Rose, the president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, calls for the elimination of the Confederate carving, calling it a "glorification of white supremacy.

So you can take off the S in liberals and take comfort in knowing that one guy said one thing. OMG OMG OMG! One guy!

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago, I knew demands to destroy the artwork would be coming soon.

The Confederate Memorial Carving on Stone Mountain, Ga., depicts Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Gens. Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson in relief.

Atlanta NAACP chapter wants Confederate carving removed from side of Stone Mountain

The famous outdoor relief sculpture depicting Confederate leaders on Stone Mountain in Georgia has come under attack from the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP. The chapter's leader is calling for the removal of the Confederate Memorial Carving that depicts Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

lRelatedNATIONConfederate flag is coming down in South Carolina; battles go on elsewhereSEE ALL RELATED

A press release from Richard Rose, the president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, calls for the elimination of the Confederate carving, calling it a "glorification of white supremacy."

"It is time for Georgia and other Southern states to end the glorification of slavery and white supremacy paid for and maintained with the taxes of all its citizens," the release states.

"History reminds us that despite the hero status accorded to Robert E. Lee, the West Point educated Lee was a traitor who led the military effort of the breakaway states, including Georgia."

cComments

Folks. There's a part of our history that involves slavery and bondage. You can tear down every monument you want in efforts to erase the past, but in the end, you've failed to re-write history. All the monuments should stand. They should stand as reminders. They are teaching moments....

HERBIE V.

The release continues, "The insurrection's sole purpose was to create a separate nation that would maintain the enslavement of generations of African descendants."

Rose said in a phone interview with The Times on Tuesday that "symbols demonstrate people's mindset. They mean something. There are monuments all over the South... that were erected to demonstrate and celebrate white supremacy."

He said that the art work is also inappropriate because none of the Confederate leaders depicted hails from Georgia.

"The heritage we should be celebrating is the U.S. heritage. We're not a separate nation," Rose said. He added that he is working with local lawmakers to push this issue forward.

In an interview with local Atlanta WSB-TV, Rose said that the Confederate carvings "can be sandblasted off or someone can carefully remove a slab of that" to sell at auction to the highest bidder.

NAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia apos s Stone Mountain - LA Times
The stupid people are going to keep this up until they get what's coming to them. Obviously, they want another war, and they're very close to getting one. This BS has gone far enough. There're a lot of folks that have had just about enough of this BS. I knew they wouldn't be satisfied with just the removal of the flag, I knew it. I hope and pray they get what they deserve pretty soon.

The Famous outdoor relief sculpture depicting Confederate leaders on Stone Mountain in Georgia has come under attack from the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP. The chapter's leader is calling for the removal of the Confederate Memorial Carving that depicts Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

A press release from Richard Rose, the president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, calls for the elimination of the Confederate carving, calling it a "glorification of white supremacy.

So you can take off the S in liberals and take comfort in knowing that one guy said one thing. OMG OMG OMG! One guy!

I'm certain there are plenty more blacks and white libs who would love to see the artwork destroyed.

The stupid people are going to keep this up until they get what's coming to them. Obviously, they want another war, and they're very close to getting one.

Sonny must be a democrat calling for the citizens to have a war. I dont know if you can have a war on one guy but.....

cComments

HERBIE V.

The stupid people are going to keep this up until they get what's coming to them. Obviously, they want another war, and they're very close to getting one. This BS has gone far enough. There're a lot of folks that have had just about enough of this BS. I knew they wouldn't be satisfied with just the removal of the flag, I knew it. I hope and pray they get what they deserve pretty soon.
Women were not satisfied with just the vote.. we want equal pay too. You just wait... another war is coming.

I'm certain there are plenty more blacks and white libs who would love to see the artwork destroyed.

Yeah but certainty means nothing, what you can prove means everything. So your OP is a lie, its one guy with an opinion.

And you're losing your shit over one guy, and this other stooge is begging for a war....because of one guy

The stupid people are going to keep this up until they get what's coming to them. Obviously, they want another war, and they're very close to getting one.

Sonny must be a democrat calling for the citizens to have a war. I dont know if you can have a war on one guy but.....
FYI - Sonny is NOT a Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America, period. And, In my opinion, if "they" keep this BS up, they'll be another war, and I'll be glad when it comes.

FYI - Sonny is NOT a Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America, period. And, In my opinion, if "they" keep this BS up, they'll be another war, and I'll be glad when it comes.
so Sonny IS an asshole.

I'm still trying to figure out the last time anyone with the NAACP voted conservative.......

Nope, still can't find it......................

so Sonny IS an asshole.
Hardly so. Sonny wants everyone to live in peace and harmony as one people, one nation, undivided. What do you want?

P.S. Calling me names shows you immaturity. Care to discuss the issue as adults?

Forum List

Back