Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Cuban Sandwiches...or as close to it as I could get considering there isn't a loaf of Cuban bread within 1500 miles of me.

My dumplings were sinkers that by some odd chance didn't sink...but the kids loved them (sadly, I have made dumplings that were much, much worse). I think I'm going to have to dig out my mom's mom's recipe again and start using it. it's really simple, but I always forget it. the thing is, it doesn't make enough, you can't double it, you have to make batches.

That's why I've never made dumplings, I just have a feeling that is one dinner I will royally eff up.

Last night was leftover breakfast from Keys.

Keys Original Omelet

Formally known as "the Everything", Barb Hunn created this one 30 years ago! Three eggs w/ ham, bacon, pork sausage, Keys Italian Sausage, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, hash browns, & mixed cheese.

I had them leave out the cauliflower, it felt like overkill with all the other veggies.

Their coffee was awesome, their water tasted like well water! Really good, I haven't had water that good since I left home. They had homemade strawberry preserves. I think we were at the best of the (local) chain.

Keys Café & Bakery 9 Family Owned Restaurants in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin

Have you ever watched 'The Other Guys"? There's a great scene where some big financial guru/criminal distracts the cops investigating him with REALLY good water, it's hilarious. That's how he gets them accustomed to taking bribes that they don't even realize they're taking until they end up enjoying them...

Monte Cristo Sandwich with fries, mmm...

d7c97c36-df9f-483b-8b75-e53d5f8c6321_zpsb9cbac0c.jpg

Homemade Honey Mustard Recipe - Food.com - 468302

You guys need to take some pictures.

This thread needs more visuals... :thup:

Baked bluefish crusted with Asian seasonings, baked potato, and spinach. That was *after* the salad and fruit cup, and before the ice cream sandwiches..... Tea and milk....

It's supposed to get into the 80's later this week: I'll be making salads for dinner. Fruit salad, potato salad, tuna salad..... oh, and cucumber-and-onion salad for the 'greens'.

Turkey delicious. 13x9 pan of turkey,covered with a bag of dressing croutons, covered with a large can of turkey gravy mixed with a large can of cream of mushroom soup. Bake covered with foil at 350° for an hour.

We could have used some vegetables.

Oh my goodness the baked french toast was amazing. It was like cinnamon sticky rolls. Lots of brown sugar and butter in the bottom is the secret. i also put more o the top. Then I dotted it with butter and sprinkled more cinamon. Then I poured in some canned milk, cuz it looked sort of dry. Then i lifted it up and spooned some more brown sugar underneath, because it didn't look sticky enough.

Saints preserve us.

Home made potatoe soup that I had frozen and some shredded chicken. Still going light on the foods I put in my face. At least for awhile. :)

Nothing! I had something prepared but my sister and dad made something else out of it, so I have nothing to eat!

Forum List

Back