Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I want so much to buy take away for tonight .....I can not begin to tell you .... so so tired of my own food... :mad: LOL

Last night my wife and I were at an organic restaurant for an 11 course tasting menu. All of the ingredients, except lemon, were locally sourced. Some of the vegetables came from the farm of a friend who was dining with us. The dishes were original, very creative, and delicious. My wife and I are basically vegetarians, but we enjoyed the beef carpaccio and the slow cooked kid goat in puff pastry. The desserts were INCREDIBLE. One of the finest meals that I have ever eaten.

So last night I did buy Thai take away.... chicken with vegetables and cashew nuts. It was most enjoyable and a nice change from the daily routine.

Tonight, I'm back to the daily grind in the kitchen again. C'est la vie.

So last night I did buy Thai take away.... chicken with vegetables and cashew nuts. It was most enjoyable and a nice change from the daily routine.

You grind daily in the kitchen? I must come over for a meal someday...
eat.gif

eat.gif

I do grind daily! Otherwise I starve! :tongue:

eat.gif

I cook daily, always too much for me and my boy...:eusa_drool:

eat.gif

Well, at least you don't twerk in the kitchen daily.

I am leaving for home.

Mrs. SB's world (And I literally mean world) famous homemade pizza.

Last edited:
Dinner tonight: Caesar salad, fresh bread, red wine.....followed by steak tips (marinated in red wine and soy sauce with 'secret seasonings'), rice pilaf and cauliflower. And for dessert there was lemon cake with apples and cheese to help finish off the wine.

OK, and somewhere along the line a few bits of chocolate and some sugared almonds disappeared as well....

Hey, I swam an extra 15 minutes for those goodies!!!

I didn't have anything last night. I was a bad girl - I ate McDonalds before my shift, and McDonalds after my shift, and I decided not to have anything for dinner because I didn't deserve to eat anything after being so terrible with my diet that day!

Funny we're eating beans lately, too. I can it myself, so when I don't feel like cooking, guess what....i usually make cornbread or homemade bread to go with it, so it passes muster.

Tonight my son an his family came late, and everybody generally wants to eat before bedtime (my kids were starved...I slept all day. I don't think I fed the boy breakfast..the girl had an egg sandwich). Anyway, I pulled out some great northerns I canned to fill out the canner of tuna I did a while back, and I just happened to have a whole loaf of good homemade bread in the freezer that I defrosted pronto. That and a pint of the Hell Peaches I did a while back, and the kids were happy campers. There are no leftovers, which is a good thing.

The french toast casserole i put together for church tomorrow looks to be the bomb. Wish me luck, nothing worse than soggy french toast casserole! It shouldn't be, there was not all that much milk in it, but I tweaked it and that's always a bad idea. But it looks good so far!

Cream of rice the past two nights. Haven't been feeling well with major chest pains. I think it's acid reflux...which feels just like a heart attack but from experience..I knew it wasn't. So...I'm being very careful what I put in my face. I've been lax lately. Back to bland and easy to digest foods I guess. :(

Forum List

Back