Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

When I get to an oven Ima try that. You think a.guy could use one of those bages you do turkeys in ?

Bake your turkey with champagne. Nothing quite like it.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] how do you do that? put the turkey in the oven in the roasting pan and drench it with champagne?

[MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]

Get one of those roasting bags for your turkey. Put the turkey in it and pour in champagne and close the bag with tie that comes with it. You don't want to fill the bag, just have the turkey sitting in it the entire time it cooks. If the bottle is small, it may take the whole bottle, but if large it will not. Keeping it in the closed cooking bag with the champagne while it cooks will cause the champagne to infuse through the turkey. It is a wonderful taste when it is done. Don't buy the cheapest champagne. You don't have to spend tons of money, but get a decent one like Asti. The really cheap ones are bitter, IMO.

Bake your turkey with champagne. Nothing quite like it.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] how do you do that? put the turkey in the oven in the roasting pan and drench it with champagne?

Get one of those roasting bags for your turkey. Put the turkey in it and pour in champagne and close the bag with tie that comes with it. You don't want to fill the bag, just have the turkey sitting in it the entire time it cooks. If the bottle is small, it may take the whole bottle, but if large it will not. Keeping it in the closed cooking bag with the champagne while it cooks will cause the champagne to infuse through the turkey. It is a wonderful taste when it is done. Don't buy the cheapest champagne. You don't have to spend tons of money, but get a decent one like Asti. The really cheap ones are bitter, IMO.

Do we need to marinate it over night or just throw the bird in?

@High_Gravaity

I never marinate.

Here is a recipe for you from the web, but I just use cornbread dressing like I always did. One person in the comments said they marinated, but you don't have to. The champagne will flavor it nicely even if you don't. This recipe doesn't call for the cooking bag, but I always use the cooking bag. The bird is more moist. You may have to brown the breast outside the bag toward the end of cooking.

Juicy Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Last edited:
I have a Puerto Rican pork roast marinating in the fridge as we speak, it will be cooking tonight in the crock pot for the whole night and on Saturday I will feast on it with Cuban rice, I cannot wait.

@High_Gravaity

I never marinate.

Here is a recipe for you from the web, but I just use cornbread dressing like I always did. One person in the comments said they marinated, but you don't have to. The champagne will flavor it nicely even if you don't. This recipe doesn't call for the cooking bag, but I always use the cooking bag. The bird is more moist. You may have to brown the breast outside the bag toward the end of cooking.

Thanks hon!

@High_Gravaity

I never marinate.

Thanks hon!

Sure thing!

Well..everyone wanted takeout from the local mexican restaurant. Only problem was...they wanted the place I HATE. I got out voted. So..I had mexican rice and beans (went in the trash can when I got it in my room) and I ate half the taquitos because they were hard and burnt and the chicken unflavored that not even the salsa could fix. The other half I couldn't chew due it being too hard and crisp, I gave a few bites to the dogs. Then that, too, went in the trash can. So...dinner tonight was cool ranch chips and a Little Debbie swedish roll.

If I get hungry later, I will eat a bowl of rice chex.

You should come to San Antonio, we have the best Mexican food....even the worst restaurants can't mess it up!

Well..everyone wanted takeout from the local mexican restaurant. Only problem was...they wanted the place I HATE. I got out voted. So..I had mexican rice and beans (went in the trash can when I got it in my room) and I ate half the taquitos because they were hard and burnt and the chicken unflavored that not even the salsa could fix. The other half I couldn't chew due it being too hard and crisp, I gave a few bites to the dogs. Then that, too, went in the trash can. So...dinner tonight was cool ranch chips and a Little Debbie swedish roll.

You should come to San Antonio, we have the best Mexican food....even the worst restaurants can't mess it up!

Been there, and I agree. So does Santa Fe. Not at all like the faux Mexican we get around here. Wonderfully flavorful and still not terribly hard on my delicate stomach. I used to have an aunt who lived in Arizona. She could do the Mexican dishes up right too. She had a wonderful recipe for chili beans.

Last edited:

I heard you can get some very good Japanese food in Mexico.:eusa_angel:

shepards Pie,salad and Ice cream

I love a good shepherd's pie. There is a pub in Nashville that makes it to die for. I would tell you the name of it if I could remember it. Senior moment. I could drive you there. But I can't call the name of it. It is where we had our law school graduation dinner. LOL.

Edit: OK, I looked up Nashville pubs and I think it is Dan McGuinness.

Last edited:

I heard you can get some very good Japanese food in Mexico.:eusa_angel:

Delicioshii!

After last nights disaster of icky food from a restaurant...tonight, I am making my own 'sghetti. I can't wait!

Forum List

Back