Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm REALLY getting attched to my crock pot. I made this for dinner. It is still stewing, so we won't be eating for about an hour. The house smells SO GOOD.

fcfd4d129f668f036bbb42a95f819f46.jpg

Recipe is below. I added stuff of my own that was not in the recipe:

Step #1: In a large soup pot, add one and half teaspoons of olive oil. Heat it up on medium. Next, add one pound of ground turkey to the pot. Fry it until brown. Chop up one onion and throw it in the pot. Fry it as well until semi transparent. Step #2: Add two cups of water to the pot. From there, put in one tablespoon of broken up garlic, one twenty eight ounce can of crushed tomatoes and one sixteen ounce can of kidney beans which need to be rinsed, drained and crushed first. Step #3: Put in half a teaspoon of paprika, half a teaspoon of cumin, half a teaspoon of oregano, half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper as well as two tablespoons of chili powder and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Step #4: Bring mixture to a boil. From there, decrease the heat to low. Cover up the pot and let it cook for a good thirty minutes.

My additions:
1 can tomatoe paste, 1 can tomato sauce, extra chili powder cuz I added ranch style beans with the pinto beans, 1 can hormel already made turkey chili, more paprika, more oregano, salt and pepper, more garlic, cut up left over teriyaki chicken cut in small chunks and 3 chicken legs I pulled the skin and bones and ligaments and fat off of. Stirred it all up and it's been crock potting for about 2 hours.
I think I am going to pour mine over a burned hot dog, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

I'm gonna pay for this. I am prepared. Got my tums, my pepto bismol all ready for afterwards. :lol:

Salad with mixed dark greens, cucumbers, snap peas, green pepper, chicken, and a lovely side of pickled herring. :)

Oh. And lowfat feta cheese and a very light sprinkle of sunflower seeds because I didn't want them but they are supposed to be good for you.

Last edited:
Spaghetti with meatballs and Italian sausage and a bottle of Mondavi Cabernet. Life is good sometimes.

Forum List

Back