Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Salad with mixed dark greens, cucumbers, snap peas, green pepper, chicken, and a lovely side of pickled herring. :)

Oh. And lowfat feta cheese and a very light sprinkle of sunflower seeds because I didn't want them but they are supposed to be good for you.

Betty seems to have a very healthful diet. :thup:

Chinese buffet last night.
Wish I could have Chinese Buffet tonight. I try not to frequent the All U Can Eat joints near my home too often. The reason being, I don't want to get banned. I dine at each restaurant roughly once a month. I've been warned numerous times about the quantity of food I consume, so I don't want to push my luck. Those succulent all U can eat crab legs are well worth the risk of getting banned. I can't wait to go back!

Had 6 pieces of southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and sweet biscuits. Drank Dr. Pepper to wash it all down.

I like your style.
I would have had more, but we had company, and the Mrs warned me beforehand not to make a glutton of myself. My argument being that I should keep eating till I'm not hungry anymore, which is usually ok if we don't have company. Problem is that the wife makes the best stuff when we have company.

What a shame though, we had lots of leftover food, and I was still somewhat hungry. :(

Had 6 pieces of southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and sweet biscuits. Drank Dr. Pepper to wash it all down.

I like your style.
I would have had more, but we had company, and the Mrs warned me beforehand not to make a glutton of myself. My argument being that I should keep eating till I'm not hungry anymore, which is usually ok if we don't have company. Problem is that the wife makes the best stuff when we have company.

What a shame though, we had lots of leftover food, and I was still somewhat hungry. :(

I know what you mean, I had a light lunch yesterday and hit the barbers right after work. By the time I got out of there it was already 6 and it was dark out, I was starving so I hit the Chinese buffet and stuffed my face. I had 4 plates of food and a bowl of strawberry ice cream.

Wish I could have Chinese Buffet tonight. I try not to frequent the All U Can Eat joints near my home too often. The reason being, I don't want to get banned. I dine at each restaurant roughly once a month. I've been warned numerous times about the quantity of food I consume, so I don't want to push my luck. Those succulent all U can eat crab legs are well worth the risk of getting banned. I can't wait to go back!

You seriously have gotten warnings at buffets about eating too much?:eek:

Yep. All of my warnings have been at Chinese Buffet restaurants. I used to go to those places quiet often (like when the wife was busy and I had no supper), however after awhile they noticed that I was a fast eater and I'd fill up my plates at least a dozen times per visit. I didn't discriminate though, I'd have a bit of everything. I would obviously go for the crab legs first, but I would also have sushi, roast beef, shrimp, and some very good dim sum food.

I also go to Golden Corral, all U Can Eat Indian and All U Can Eat Italian and other general buffet style restaurants. I am not much a fan of Souper Salad as they focus mainly on salads and soups. Not good when you're really hungry. Golden Corral is one of my favorites. I can go there late morning and combine breakfast and lunch. Great selection of food.

Okay, so . . . Dornish chicken is amazing, and here's the recipe for anyone who wants to try it.

Preheat oven to 400.

Wash the chicken and remove the giblets. Either toss 'em in the pan or save them for stock later.

Pour lemon or orange juice - or both - over the chicken, breast side up, and rub some butter on it. Sprinkle ground cloves, pepper, lemon pepper, and ground orange peel on the chicken, then turn it breast side down and repeat on the back.

Turn oven down to 350 and put in center. Baste every 15-20 minutes for an hour, then flip the chicken breast side up. Continue basting every 15-20 minutes until the last 30-45 minutes.

Juicy, spicy, and sweet, all at once!

When I get to an oven Ima try that. You think a.guy could use one of those bages you do turkeys in ?

Bake your turkey with champagne. Nothing quite like it.

Okay, so . . . Dornish chicken is amazing, and here's the recipe for anyone who wants to try it.

Preheat oven to 400.

Wash the chicken and remove the giblets. Either toss 'em in the pan or save them for stock later.

Pour lemon or orange juice - or both - over the chicken, breast side up, and rub some butter on it. Sprinkle ground cloves, pepper, lemon pepper, and ground orange peel on the chicken, then turn it breast side down and repeat on the back.

Turn oven down to 350 and put in center. Baste every 15-20 minutes for an hour, then flip the chicken breast side up. Continue basting every 15-20 minutes until the last 30-45 minutes.

When I get to an oven Ima try that. You think a.guy could use one of those bages you do turkeys in ?

Interesting idea. I like using berry-flavored Arbor Mist wines sometimes, although you have to be careful to add those to the basting juices later in the cooking process, because the darker color makes the skin darken and then burn faster.

Since today was National Men Make Dinner Day, I made:

Grilled Orange-Ginger Shrimp - appetizer

T-Bone Steak & Lobster Tail
with sautéed red onions and maple glazed baby Bellas
steamed vegetable medley
oven roasted potatoes

A Mary Callender apple cobbler is in the oven.
When it's done we'll have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
accompanied with a cup of Sumatra coffee.

Interesting idea. I like using berry-flavored Arbor Mist wines sometimes, although you have to be careful to add those to the basting juices later in the cooking process, because the darker color makes the skin darken and then burn faster.

I just put it in the cooking bag with the turkey. It is really delicious. But get a good brand of champagne if you do this. The cheap brands aren't as good.

Well..everyone wanted takeout from the local mexican restaurant. Only problem was...they wanted the place I HATE. I got out voted. So..I had mexican rice and beans (went in the trash can when I got it in my room) and I ate half the taquitos because they were hard and burnt and the chicken unflavored that not even the salsa could fix. The other half I couldn't chew due it being too hard and crisp, I gave a few bites to the dogs. Then that, too, went in the trash can. So...dinner tonight was cool ranch chips and a Little Debbie swedish roll.

If I get hungry later, I will eat a bowl of rice chex.

A good old fashioned (wife's family recipe at least 200 years old from Bergamo) Italian spaghetti and meatball dinner...

Yep. All of my warnings have been at Chinese Buffet restaurants. I used to go to those places quiet often (like when the wife was busy and I had no supper), however after awhile they noticed that I was a fast eater and I'd fill up my plates at least a dozen times per visit. I didn't discriminate though, I'd have a bit of everything. I would obviously go for the crab legs first, but I would also have sushi, roast beef, shrimp, and some very good dim sum food.

I also go to Golden Corral, all U Can Eat Indian and All U Can Eat Italian and other general buffet style restaurants. I am not much a fan of Souper Salad as they focus mainly on salads and soups. Not good when you're really hungry. Golden Corral is one of my favorites. I can go there late morning and combine breakfast and lunch. Great selection of food.

HAHAHA Man I like your style.:lol: Golden Corral is good though I used to go there for lunch every now and than when I lived in Virginia.

Preheat oven to 400.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] how do you do that? put the turkey in the oven in the roasting pan and drench it with champagne?

Forum List

Back