Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Vietnamese Pho Soup and Salad Rolls (peanut sauce)

IMG_2535.JPG

Pretty much like this.

That looks very delicious Ropey!

Give it a try HG. The heavier spices are optional. Fresh Basil, Mint, jalapenos and lime go with your optional choices of sauces. In other words, hot is optional. :razz:

I like hot though.... :razz:

I love Spicy foods, I haven't actually had Vietnamese cuisine yet, I have only had Mongolian, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Japanese and Thai, Korean being my favorite so far.

going to have fresh mozz with luscious tomatoes and basil with balsamic & argentinian chorizo with potatoes. :) and of course a glass of red. :)

I've been told I'm a pretty good Mexican/New Mexican/Southwestern cook, but I'm gonna guess that you could show me a thing or two or fifty or so. :)

going to have fresh mozz with luscious tomatoes and basil with balsamic & argentinian chorizo with potatoes. :) and of course a glass of red. :)

Shaded memories of my sister Kiki. :clap2:

That's her kind of meal as well.

Tonight was

^ Better than last night. :razz:

We had Gai Choy Stir Fry tonight.

Pretty much like this.

016.JPG

It's a mustard green and is sharp, so ginger and garlic (for me) are a must in order to smooth it. It's more often used in soups, and it's a family favorite.

http://www.threetastes.com/blog/blog_files/gaichoy_garlic.php

5-A-Day: Tian of Roasted Potatoes & Chinese Mustard Greens | Three Tastes

Here are some recipes for this (imo) truly magnificent mustard green.

Last edited:
LO pork chop sliced, stir fried with celery, red and yellow onion, green and red bell pepper; on the side a pork bun, two pot stickers and rice. Green decafe tea and some almonds for dessert.

14lbporkbutts004.jpg

Made up about 10 lbs of Italian Sausage. Cooked up some w/green peppers and onions on an Italian Roll.

INGREDIENTS: ITALIAN SAUSAGE
•5 pounds pork butts
1 lb fat back
•1 clove garlic (mashed) for every pound of meat
•1 cup cold red wine•2 tablespoons salt
•1 tablespoon ground black pepper
•2 tablespoons fennel seeds (Better if ground with a mortar and pestle)
•1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
•1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
•2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes. 1 table spoon paparika
•1/2 pound hog sausage casing

Forum List

Back