Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Know what is REALLY good that I have almost every night with whatever meal I make? Those mini peppers..orange, red, yellow. Sliced thin, fried in a pan with some drizzled italian dressing and a few chopped onions. YUMMY.

Anyway..I had a homemade beef burrito. And a side of the above ^. :)

Last evening I made some homemade lasagna and garlic bread.

With a garden salad. I love this time of year. I have lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers and tomatoes growing in the back yard for my salads. It doesn't get any fresher than that.

Know what is REALLY good that I have almost every night with whatever meal I make? Those mini peppers..orange, red, yellow. Sliced thin, fried in a pan with some drizzled italian dressing and a few chopped onions. YUMMY.

That reminds me. I bought these little cute colored peppers that were labeled Scotch bonnet peppers. I thought that they wouldn't be too hot, and I put them in my macaroni salad . . . . OMG, they were the hottest things ever! They were burning my mouth so bad, as if I had taken a sip of very hot coffee or something. It was terrible. I ended up throwing that batch out and making a new batch. Evil cute little peppers.

I like to use the mini peppers to make stuffed pepper appetizers. My family loves them.

Since I actually have time to do the cooking tonight, I'm thinking of making my tater tot casserole. My family here in Phoenix hasn't tried it before.

That reminds me. I bought these little cute colored peppers that were labeled Scotch bonnet peppers. I thought that they wouldn't be too hot, and I put them in my macaroni salad . . . . OMG, they were the hottest things ever! They were burning my mouth so bad, as if I had taken a sip of very hot coffee or something. It was terrible. I ended up throwing that batch out and making a new batch. Evil cute little peppers.

Thats some funny shit right there!!!
We eat Scotch Bonnets,the Cousin of the Habanero,all the time with our Jerk chicken.
If ya want hot you need to try one of these little gems......
The Carolina Reaper.
upload_2017-8-25_18-27-17.png

The Scotch Bonnet tops out at 350'000 Scoville units.
The Carolina Reaper is around 2'500'000 Scoville units.
You actually get high from the heat.

We're doing Dino Bones smoked over Hickory and Cherry for what I'm guessing will be around 9 hours until internal temps hit 200 to 203.
And a side of homemade scalloped taters and side salad.

upload_2017-8-25_18-40-1.png

upload_2017-8-25_18-40-33.png

Those bones are almost as thick as my wrist.

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-25_18-39-20.png
    upload_2017-8-25_18-39-20.png
    763.5 KB · Views: 22
We're doing Dino Bones smoked over Hickory and Cherry for what I'm guessing will be around 9 hours until internal temps hit 200 to 203.
And a side of homemade scalloped taters and side salad.

View attachment 146061
View attachment 146062
Those bones are almost as thick as my wrist.

Cant wait to crack the bones open and get the marrow out!!!
Stuffs like nature's butter and goes great on toasted garlic bread!!

Pizza!

I'm a career cement, stone, brick and block mason. Masonry is truly my life's passion. I'm lucky enough to be one of those people who loves their job. However, about 10 years ago I developed another passion. Gourmet cooking.

What do you get when you combine a passion for masonry with a passion for gourmet cooking? A full featured outdoor kitchen. That's what you get. It's an inevitability. And as it's centerpiece, a big beautiful wood fired brick oven. An imposing monolithic shrine to the pizza gods.

The brick oven is excellent for cooking pizza because it gets very hot. While your typical household oven is designed to bake at 550 degrees max, the brick oven can get to double that temperature. I can cook a pizza in just a couple of minutes and it will be charred.

And pizza wasn't just for dinner yeasterday. I had an all day make your own pizza party and lots of family and friends came over. I made about 50 dough balls and some fresh mozzarella a few days in advance so they could fully develop their flavor in the fridge and there's only about half a dozen or so dough balls left. So we cooked a lot of pizza. I don't even know how many pizzas I ate yesterday.

The oven is still hot and I'm going to have pizza for breakfast now.

Last edited:
Grilled Artic Char and Jasmine Rice. Yum!!! (with craft beer of course!)

We eat Scotch Bonnets,the Cousin of the Habanero,all the time with our Jerk chicken.
The Carolina Reaper.
View attachment 146056

No way. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy eating something that hurts!

The Carolina Reaper.
View attachment 146056

No way. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy eating something that hurts!

I dont mind Scotch Bonnets. The Reaper was just to see how hot they really are.

Forum List

Back