Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm making chicken spaghetti. I have only made this once before and I'd never even heard about it until about 5 years ago. It's from that Dora Charles cookbook---the lady that worked for Paula Deen. Yep, that one. I'm also making homemade pop tarts with orange marmalade and cream cheese. I tried to do that last weekend but didn't read through the recipe and the dough had to chill for a couple of hours. Somewhere between the 3rd and 4th drink I made the executive decision to not make them.

Maybe . ( if you don't make them with goat meat )
That term 'authentic Mexican' is tricky sometimes.
Haha... yeah no goat meat.
I prefer pork shoulder, Carnita style, in a tortilla with pica de gallo, lime and salsa verde.
yy.jpg

I'm on a low carb diet until I ditch 10 more pounds.
So last night I had a bison ribeye steak and broccoli.
Had never tried bison that I can remember - It was REALLY good.
About 2/3 of a pound for under 10 bucks (was marked 30% off as expiration only a few days off)
Very lean but just enough marbling to make it super-tender ...
I plan on buying more next trip to Safeway!

A large pot of cabbage and potatoes boiling on the stove. Can't have salt so McCormicks no salt onion and herb seasoning a large yellow onion and a good amount of black pepper. Not sure what meat if any to season it with I am on a low fat low carb diet. Smells good!

Can't have salt
I can't either, but you're making it all from scratch then. Don't bother with salt-laden canned or prepared foods or restaurant service. They're always serving too much wine or beer or vodka for their thirsty customers to wash down all that salt with.

I'm making chicken spaghetti. I have only made this once before and I'd never even heard about it until about 5 years ago. It's from that Dora Charles cookbook---the lady that worked for Paula Deen. Yep, that one. I'm also making homemade pop tarts with orange marmalade and cream cheese. I tried to do that last weekend but didn't read through the recipe and the dough had to chill for a couple of hours. Somewhere between the 3rd and 4th drink I made the executive decision to not make them.
But how did the chicken and spaghetti turn out?
A large pot of cabbage and potatoes boiling on the stove. Can't have salt so McCormicks no salt onion and herb seasoning a large yellow onion and a good amount of black pepper. Not sure what meat if any to season it with I am on a low fat low carb diet. Smells good!
That's crying for lamb.

Going Asian tonight.
Usually make this dish with pork, but have some wild caught Argentinian Pink Shrimp, so using that.
I take...
Napa Cabbage
Carrots
Red Pepper
Onion
All cut in thin strips.
Couple eggs
Rice Noodles
And the shrimp
Cooked Mei Fun style.
The sauce is...
Sesame Oil, Fish Sauce, White wine, soy sauce, Hoisin Sauce, hot sauce and just a bit of brown sugar... just a little.
Good stuff, as with all Mei Fun the eggs and a TOUCH of sesame oil make it. Skip any ingredient but that.

But how did the chicken and spaghetti turn out?

It was very bland. I won't be making it again. I have about 4 more recipes that I want to try from her book and then I may have to abandon the book altogether. Thank you for asking.

It was very bland. I won't be making it again. I have about 4 more recipes that I want to try from her book and then I may have to abandon the book altogether. Thank you for asking.

Being from the south I refuse to make recipes from up north.
They just dont have the level of spice I'm accustomed to after eating mexican,cajun creole,BBQ and the like.

Being from the south I refuse to make recipes from up north.
They just dont have the level of spice I'm accustomed to after eating mexican,cajun creole,BBQ and the like.
I have pretty high expectations of southern food. It's touted as a southern dish. Dora Charles' cookbook is sold as southern cooking. I'm pretty surprised. She has a jambalaya recipe that I am going to make later on this week and then maybe next week red rice which is supposed to be a thing in Savannah. If those are bland, I'm pretty much done with her cookbook.

Have you ever tried No Shit? Yes, that is the name of it. You can find it on Amazon. Good stuff.

Forum List

Back