Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

029_deluxeturkey.jpg

While driving home I had a Turkey burger from fat burger.

Then I had quite a few Tums later on. :razz:

tums-23762_1.jpg

I will be grilling 1/2" thick pork chops, bell peppers, onions and tomatos tonight on the grill in the back yard. The weather is warm today.

Last edited:
I did something odd last night.

Friday I bought a couple of London Broils at Vons. Cooked one and it was the toughest damned thing I can remember.

So last weekend I had bough a fancy new food processor, so I figured it's play time. I tossed a pound of bacon, a couple of yellow bell peppers, and the London Broil - well trimmed and cut into 2" thick strips into the food processor. Made patties out of the meat and cooked them.

Best burgers I've ever had. Not exactly health food, but really good.

029_deluxeturkey.jpg

While driving home I had a Turkey burger from fat burger.

Then I had quite a few Tums later on. :razz:

tums-23762_1.jpg

Fat Burger is awesome, none of them here in Birmingham though, I usually go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries or Hamburger Heaven.

167.jpg

Hamburger_Heaven.jpg

I like 5 guys too. They've got a good burger and a small is enough for me now. The fries are the best anywhere.

We had really good cube steak, dredged with flour salt and pepper and fried...with mac and cheese and corn, lol.

Holy crud and choc chip cookies for dessert. It's like a bad sitcom.

It was good though...the kids were tired, hungry and had expended many calories playing in the snow (they had a snow day). I made one package of meat, around $5 I think and it fed everyone well, with none left over.

Last edited:
We had really good cube steak, dredged with flour salt and pepper and fried...with mac and cheese and corn, lol.

Holy crud and choc chip cookies for dessert. It's like a bad sitcom.

It was good though...the kids were tired, hungry and had expended many calories playing in the snow (they had a snow day). I made one package of meat, around $5 I think and it fed everyone well, with none left over.

Since we've been retired and with rapidly escalating food prices everywhere, we look for ways to economize. Cube steak has become a staple at our house as it suffers little from freezing and cooked the way you describe--dipped in salt and pepper seasoned milk, dredged in salt and pepper seasoned flour, and then fried until the breading (not the steak) is crispy brown, served with great mashed potatoes with the steak and potatoes smothered in a low fat cream gravy and served with a hot veggie side. Delicious and cheap. (That's what we had last night too. :))

Cube steak is great. So is cubed pork (which is actually pork weiner schnitzel if you serve it with gravy!) Cooking cubed pork is a little more tricky as it can get hard and dry if you cook it too high or too long.

I love gravy...the kids aren't too crazy for it, which is probably a good thing. I make killer gravy (and cubed steak gravy is the best) and can eat a lot of it.

I made myself an Indian taco for lunch yesterday...the easy kind..Indian frybread, chili con carne with beans, shredded sharp cheddar and chopped onions...yum. No calories in that at all.

Pan seared bone-in pork chops...with butter/garlic and cajun seasoning.
Potatoes/Green beans cooked together for about an hour and a half with bacon/onions/garlic and salt/pepper and large curd cottage cheese. (I hate small curd)

Forum List

Back