Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night we had gourmet flavored soft cheese on saltine crackers, a sliced apple, and a Power Ade. (Neither of us felt like cooking.)

For tonight I have a savory chuck roast simmering in the slow cooker. It will be served with roasted carrots, potatoes, onion, and gravy (which will actually be the roast broth) and green veggies.

I love pot roast, I am sure that meal will be very delicious. Tonight my girlfriend is cooking some chickens in a bag in the oven along with some mashed potatoes and green beans.

Last night I made a Pizza.

I used the bread maker to make the dough, put sliced Roma tomatoes, fresh sage and a garlic infused olive oil on the bottom, layered leftover chicken breast and then turkey bacon on, smothered it with Mozzarella and baked it on a stone.

It was yummy.

Haddock with a Moroccan charmoula sauce roasted potatoes, peppers and asparagus

Lemon/ Almond olive oil cake with a lemon glaze

Chipotle sauteed chicken breasts, gravy (made from the pan drippings) with rice and veggies.
Waiting for the rice to finish right now. :eusa_drool:

I actually didn't eat dinner last night, I had 2 pieces of Churchs Spicy Chicken for lunch and for some reason it held me through for the whole day.

Last night I went to dinner with some associates from Iran so we had Persian kebobs and basmati rice. WONDERFUL.

Also a very nice political roundtable.

For us we had crispy fish sticks, baked sweet potatos, fruit/cottage cheese, and fresh raw veggies for lunch.

Last night we had a couple of miniature frozxen pizzas - thawed/baked of course.

Last night I went to dinner with some associates from Iran so we had Persian kebobs and basmati rice. WONDERFUL.

You are so fuckin lucky, Persian food is my favorite cuisine.

My very most favorite is Indian/Pakistani. Persian is a close second. I almost died in Nevada with the nearest middle eastern/Indian restaurant two hours away. The nearest Chinese restaurant a lonely Panda Express out on the highway.

You are so fuckin lucky, Persian food is my favorite cuisine.

My very most favorite is Indian/Pakistani. Persian is a close second. I almost died in Nevada with the nearest middle eastern/Indian restaurant two hours away. The nearest Chinese restaurant a lonely Panda Express out on the highway.

I know what you mean, I lived in a small shit hole town in the middle of nowhere in California when I was in the service, they didn't have any Indian, Pakistani, Persian, Arabic or Greek restaurants anywhere, all they had was the run of the mill McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King etc, they had a few Chinese places as well but thats about it, I fucking hated it there. Those clowns just opened a Panda express there a few years ago now that you mention it.

Last night I fried some polenta that I had made on Sunday. The polenta was simple, 6 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of corn meal. Put in loaf pans for 24 hours.

I sliced the polenta about a third of an inch thick, brushed with a light olive oil that I had infused with garlic, and fried until nicely browned on both sides.

My wife made a nice relish for it with broccoli slaw cooked with pork sausage and carrots.

Simple but good.

Last night I fried some polenta that I had made on Sunday. The polenta was simple, 6 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of corn meal. Put in loaf pans for 24 hours.

I sliced the polenta about a third of an inch thick, brushed with a light olive oil that I had infused with garlic, and fried until nicely browned on both sides.

My wife made a nice relish for it with broccoli slaw cooked with pork sausage and carrots.

Simple but good.

Do you refrigerate the polenta? No seasonings at all? You don't cook it at all before it is sliced and fried?

Do you refrigerate the polenta? No seasonings at all? You don't cook it at all before it is sliced and fried?

Hi Fox;

I cook it for about 20 minutes on the stove, pour into loaf pans and refrigerate for 24 hours.

As for seasoning, I used chicken broth to cook it in, then use a garlic infused olive oil to fry it.

Artichoke walnut pesto on grilled ciabatta bread

Flash fried oysters with a drizzle of habanero honey sauce

Scallop ceviche in citrus served with a spicy melon and mint salsa

Tuna sashimi with an avocado radish salad and a ginger vinaigrette

Home made ginger ice cream with mango caramel sauce served on sour cream pound cake.

Artichoke walnut pesto on grilled ciabatta bread

Flash fried oysters with a drizzle of habanero honey sauce

Scallop ceviche in citrus served with a spicy melon and mint salsa

Tuna sashimi with an avocado radish salad and a ginger vinaigrette

Home made ginger ice cream with mango caramel sauce served on sour cream pound cake.

Sounds insanely good.

Forum List

Back