Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I had a delightful lamb kebab with rice and broccoli - my son surprised me and took me out for dinner. Two dates with two great good-looking guys in two nights! I'm on a roll........

Too bad the next closest male around here is our cat : ((

Tonight at our house will be chicken fried steak (yes made from scratch), cream gravy, baked potatoes w/sour cream, fresh made tossed salad with house dressing, fresh fruit served on cottage cheese, and homemade bread.

Salad with homemade dressing (the son made it), herb-crusted salmon fillet, green beans with a few craisins for 'zip', a small sweet potato - and fresh pineapple and bananas for dessert.

I'm gonna have to immigrate illegally to the USA.

I just can't find CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH POP-TARTS where I live and this is starting to piss me off. :mad:

How can anyone go by without CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH POP-TARTS??

Tonight we're having turkey breast, which went on sale after T-day and I picked up for $1.49/lb, I think the whole thing was around $7 and it's a big chunk.

I'll cook it with stuffing...and serve with cranberry sauce, spinach (again) homemade rolls, and applesauce from last night. I have a can of pumpkin in the cupboard and I have frozen pie dough from Thanksgiving that I made and stuck in the freezer...I have canned milk..heck, I might even make a pumpkin pie.

It's thanksgiving again!

Ohmigosh you guys, for thanksgiving I picked up quarts of heavy whipping cream at (guess) Grocery Outlet for $.99/quart.

I whipped a whole quart for the meal. That's about half a gallon of wonderful whipping cream. We were eating piles of it on jello, on pie, on stuffing, lol..you name it. It was over the top decadent.

Tonight we're having turkey breast, which went on sale after T-day and I picked up for $1.49/lb, I think the whole thing was around $7 and it's a big chunk.

I'll cook it with stuffing...and serve with cranberry sauce, spinach (again) homemade rolls, and applesauce from last night. I have a can of pumpkin in the cupboard and I have frozen pie dough from Thanksgiving that I made and stuck in the freezer...I have canned milk..heck, I might even make a pumpkin pie.

It's thanksgiving again!

Sounds delicious.

I'll probably be having left overs today, I still have Vodka Sauce and Puerto Rican rice in the fridge. Tomorrow I am going to try and make my own spaghetti sauce.

I wonder if I am the only one who doesn't think salmon is wonderful? To me, trout, bass, and catfish are far more flavorful. But I always leave room open for me being wierd.

I am not a catfish fan. And even my cats won't touch pollock. We will eat cod under duress, much prefer haddock.

What we actually like, in addition to the salmon, are trout, sea bass, mahi-mahi, swordfish (well, the guys like it and I tolerate it), ad tilapia. We really really like halibut and bluefish, but it's more difficult to get good bluefish here in NE than in Jersey.

The salmon seems to go particularly well with an Asian-inspired seasoning blend I got at BJ's....

Forum List

Back