Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I haven't been cooking much lately. Too busy.

But I am putting out the spread for our company party.

Home made salsa and guacamole

Smoked turkey breast and cheese platter

Scallop ceviche

Sushi tuna with ginger marinade over a salad of avocado, pickled daikon and radish sprouts

Beef tenderloin

Slow cooked venison shank

Roasted beet and bleu cheese salad

Lobster mac and cheese. (shrimp and crab as well)

I'm letting the employees bring desserts.

Good lord that sounds yummy, can I come to this event?:eusa_drool:

Scallop ceviche

Sushi tuna with ginger marinade over a salad of avocado, pickled daikon and radish sprouts

Beef tenderloin

I've got tons of leftovers.

Scallop ceviche

Beef tenderloin

I've got tons of leftovers.

All that foot sounded out standing your employees are lucky.

I was pretty happy with the venison. I never cooked a bone in shank like that before. The Seafood mac and cheese was really good too.

Ewww...we bone all our venison, including the roasts and the neck. I don't like bone-in venison.

I was pretty happy with the venison. I never cooked a bone in shank like that before. The Seafood mac and cheese was really good too.

I need to get that recipe for the seafood mac and cheese, that sounds really good.

It's killer.

1 2lb lobster (hard shell or 2 soft shell)

12 Large shrimp

8 oz fresh crab meat

3/4 cup each chopped onion celery, carrot (mirpoix)

1/4 cup cognac

Bay leaf

2 garlic cloves crushed

1 tbs tomato paste

3 cups water

1/2 stick unsalted butter

2 tbs flour

1 cup heavy cream

6-8 oz of grated fontina cheese I added some Asiago too

8 oz shell pasta

Boil the lobster. Remove claw and tail meat chop to roughly 1/2 in pieces. Peel and clean the shrimp. Reserve the shells.

Reserve the body and shells give then a chop into about 2 in pieces.

In a heavy large skillet add oil and saute the lobster and shrimp shells for 4-5 minutes add the mirpoix garlic and bay leaf. Saute 6 minutes or so. Add tomato paste.

Remove from heat add Cognac and 3 cups water bring to boil ,simmer covered for 30 minutes. Strain stock and squeeze all the liquid out of the solids. Set aside.

In the same skillet saute shrimp until just done maybe 4 minutes total cool and chop

Make a roux with 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs flour stir one minute (don't brown the roux)

add stock and cream reduce to about 2 cups.

Add cheese and remaining butter stir until smooth. Add lobster shrimp and crab to sauce season with salt and pepper to taste I added a little cayenne as well then stir into cooked pasta over low heat

Garnish with some chopped chives.

I need to get that recipe for the seafood mac and cheese, that sounds really good.

It's killer.

1 2lb lobster (hard shell or 2 soft shell)

12 Large shrimp

8 oz fresh crab meat

3/4 cup each chopped onion celery, carrot (mirpoix)

1/4 cup cognac

Bay leaf

2 garlic cloves crushed

1 tbs tomato paste

3 cups water

1/2 stick unsalted butter

2 tbs flour

1 cup heavy cream

6-8 oz of grated fontina cheese I added some Asiago too

8 oz shell pasta

Boil the lobster. Remove claw and tail meat chop to roughly 1/2 in pieces. Peel and clean the shrimp. Reserve the shells.

Reserve the body and shells give then a chop into about 2 in pieces.

In a heavy large skillet add oil and saute the lobster and shrimp shells for 4-5 minutes add the mirpoix garlic and bay leaf. Saute 6 minutes or so. Add tomato paste.

Remove from heat add Cognac and 3 cups water bring to boil ,simmer covered for 30 minutes. Strain stock and squeeze all the liquid out of the solids. Set aside.

In the same skillet saute shrimp until just done maybe 4 minutes total cool and chop

Make a roux with 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs flour stir one minute (don't brown the roux)

add stock and cream reduce to about 2 cups.

Add cheese and remaining butter stir until smooth. Add lobster shrimp and crab to sauce season with salt and pepper to taste I added a little cayenne as well then stir into cooked pasta over low heat

Garnish with some chopped chives.

Thanks for this, I am going to definently try this out one of these times.

Ewww...we bone all our venison, including the roasts and the neck. I don't like bone-in venison.

It was really good I have to say.

I know a lot of people like to wrap venison in bacon but I didn't want to do that so I used a dry rub. To add the extra fat that venison needs I rendered the fat out of 3 lbs of bacon and mixed it with beef broth then injected the meat with it.

I cooked it in my smoker with apple wood chips at 275 - 300 degrees for about 3 1/2 hours.

I pulled it at an internal temp of about 140. It was really good.

This is my late night dinner...right now...

IMG_2177.jpg

Lemon crisp cookies. shortbread covered in dark chocolate, peppermint bark (Dark and white Chocolate)

...oh yea an apple (not shown) to make my meal a healthful and balanced one...:lol:

So I was sitting here, really hungry and not sure what to do about it, since I'm grocery shopping tomorrow, and my supplies are low. Finally decided to boil a couple of boxes of thin spaghetti, found a couple of chicken breasts hiding in the back of the freezer and diced and sauteed them with garlic, olive oil, and an onion. Then I tossed the whole thing together with some butter, pepper, and what was left of the can of powdered Parmesan cheese I keep around for spaghetti sauce.

Really impressed, and it's so filling, it ought to last well into tomorrow. I think it will also be quite tasty even if I don't have any chicken or other appropriate meat on hand, which was the only ingredient that I don't automatically keep stocked at all times.

So I was sitting here, really hungry and not sure what to do about it, since I'm grocery shopping tomorrow, and my supplies are low. Finally decided to boil a couple of boxes of thin spaghetti, found a couple of chicken breasts hiding in the back of the freezer and diced and sauteed them with garlic, olive oil, and an onion. Then I tossed the whole thing together with some butter, pepper, and what was left of the can of powdered Parmesan cheese I keep around for spaghetti sauce.

Really impressed, and it's so filling, it ought to last well into tomorrow. I think it will also be quite tasty even if I don't have any chicken or other appropriate meat on hand, which was the only ingredient that I don't automatically keep stocked at all times.

I like to cobble together dinners like that. :thup:

Anyhow- I got a pound of pulled pork from the new BBQ joint.
Report to follow...

Forum List

Back