Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Cobbled together one of my famous "Let's throw together whatever we can find in the fridge because I feel lazy" dinners. Chicken, shrimp, and broccoli sauteed with olive oil and garlic, then tossed with angel hair pasta, milk, and shitloads of Parmesan cheese.

Mum cooked potatoes, mixed vegetables and chops. She had a steak which she said tasted like shit. I ate five chops and reluctantly gave two to my dad just in case he didn't like steak either.

He didn't. :(

Buffalo wings, roasted beet salad, and a glass of chardonnay.

Biryani last night.

Home made or restaurant?
I can't find a decent biryani in MA!!
I fly to Manchester and drive the 70 odd miles to Bradford to get my biryani fix.

Kashmir is my preferred spot!

Safe to say a long weekend in Yorkshire takes a month to burn off!!
6000 calories of quality Indian food a day can do that!!

That's not counting the West Indian food at mamas cafe in Huddersfield!!
Akee and salfish, fry bakes, callaloo and curry goat!!!

Time to book my flight!!

Home made man, I had to buy the spices from a Middle Eastern store in Richmond Virginia.

bombay_biryani.jpg

I've been a little under the weather lately, although I did manage to eat a bowl of Puerto Rican rice last night, even though I probably shouldn't have.

I've been craving rare roast beef for a couple of days, so yesterday I went to the deli, got some gorgeous, juicy slices, some aged white cheddar, and some sweet molasses multigrain bread, then assembled some sandwiches with horseradish and spicy brown mustard. Just because it's a sandwich doesn't mean it can't be decadent.

Hope you are feeling better, HG.

Meanwhile....I have no clue what we are going to have for dinner tonight. Hubby will probably have a tv dinner and I will probably wind up with a cheese quesadilla if I have any corn tortillas left. If not...breakfast for dinner. 2 bacon, 1 egg scrambed in hashbrowns.

I'm making blackened redfish and a big salad.

Grabbed a something at au Bon pain at the Brigham and women's hospital.
I call it a something because the BBQ chicken and black bean wrap tasted nothing like a BBQ chicken and black bean wrap. I'm not even sure it contained BBQ chicken or black beans!!
The things you eat when the wife is in labour!!

Why do I think you don't care much WHAT you eat when the wife is in labour? ;)

Seriously, congrats, and don't forget the details!

I wound up with a ground turkey patty with gravy on top and white rice with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. For my sweet tooth...gluten free lemon wafer cookies and a cup of hot green tea with honey.

I call it a something because the BBQ chicken and black bean wrap tasted nothing like a BBQ chicken and black bean wrap. I'm not even sure it contained BBQ chicken or black beans!!

Little lad, 6lbs9oz, 19 inches.
In good health, mother is well!!

Now to sleep I go!!

Congrats!! Get all the sleep you can, lol. You are gonna need it. :tongue:

Little lad, 6lbs9oz, 19 inches.
In good health, mother is well!!

Now to sleep I go!!

Congrads

Forum List

Back