Welp s0ns....so much for electric vehicles!

And that Camaro will eat nothing but dust from the high end Tesla 3.

But that Camaro can drive 1000 miles in 15 hours at 65 mph. The Tesla will take three to four days to go that same distance. That's a loser in any book.

Lets set the record straight about the fastest time on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
In 1983 a Porsche 956 lapped the Nordschleife in 6:11, the rest of the Porsche 956s came in at 6:27, 6:32 and 6:39.
Nobody to date managed to break this record!

This silly EV that OldRocks is bragging about is a dead duck after 1 lap of the 13 mile Nordschleife while a 956 has no problem coming out on top after a 1000 km race.
There are only 7 of these EVs and they are not even street legal but there are even today Porsche 956s roaming the Autobahn.

The NIO EP-9 is a street legal car in the same manner that the Buggatti is. There are ten built at present and you can have one if you pony up 1.5 million. Were those Porches in street legal configuration? That was the point, the NIO EP-9 was in street legal form condition.

Watch the All-Electric NIO EP9 Shatter the Nurburgring Lap Record
With a Nordschleife time of 6:45, the all-electric EP9 is now the fastest street-legal car to ever lap the 'Ring.

NIO EP9 Electric Supercar Nurburgring Record - Fastest Street-Legal Car at Nurburgring

Lets set the record straight about the fastest time on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
In 1983 a Porsche 956 lapped the Nordschleife in 6:11, the rest of the Porsche 956s came in at 6:27, 6:32 and 6:39.

This silly EV that OldRocks is bragging about is a dead duck after 1 lap of the 13 mile Nordschleife while a 956 has no problem coming out on top after a 1000 km race.
There are only 7 of these EVs and they are not even street legal but there are even today Porsche 956s roaming the Autobahn.

Indeed. The Porches were AMAZING!

"Bellof had a couple of things going for him on the day of qualifying–his 956, chassis #007, benefited from new 13-inch wheels at the front and some other small upgrades that gave his car excellent handling. Additionally, the weather on May 28th, 1983 was cold but dry.

Bellof's goal was to beat fellow Porsche driver Jochen Mass' 6:16.85 qualifying lap–he went more than five seconds faster. What's more amazing, though, is how much quicker Bellof was than everyone else there that day. Bellof was nearly half a minute faster than Keke Rosberg, the reigning Formula 1 champion at the time, who set a 6:39.52. Third place qualifier Bob Wollek only managed a 6:31.59, while Mass' teammate Jacky Ickx, ran a 6:27.36."

Why a Nurburgring Record Set in 1983 Will Never Be Beaten

The NIO EP-9 is a street legal car in the same manner that the Buggatti is. There are ten built at present and you can have one if you pony up 1.5 million. Were those Porches in street legal configuration? That was the point, the NIO EP-9 was in street legal form condition.

With a Nordschleife time of 6:45, the all-electric EP9 is now the fastest street-legal car to ever lap the 'Ring.

NIO EP9 Electric Supercar Nurburgring Record - Fastest Street-Legal Car at Nurburgring

So is the 956. They had to be to race in the class.

But that Camaro can drive 1000 miles in 15 hours at 65 mph. The Tesla will take three to four days to go that same distance. That's a loser in any book.
They Drove A Tesla From LA To New York In A Record 58 Hours 55 Minutes

Last summer the car gurus at Edmunds.com took advantage of Tesla Motors’ ever-growing Supercharger network to drive coast-to-coast in a Model S in 67 hours and 21 minutes, record time for an electric vehicle. Carl Reese, of Santa Clarita, California, thought he and his friends could smash that record. This past weekend, they claim they did — by nine hours and 34 minutes.

Reese and his fiancee Deena Mastracci sped across the country in their own red sticker-covered P85D with a high school buddy as a third driver and a team of three more friends in a rented Chevrolet Suburban backing them up as timekeepers and support drivers.

They drove 3,011 miles from Los Angeles to New York City in 58 hours and 55 minutes, including charging time, blowing away the previous records set by Edmunds and by Tesla’s own employees.

http://jalopnik.com/they-drove-a-tesla-from-la-to-new-york-in-a-record-58-h-1699782187

Ah yes, Mr. Westwall, get a horse.

So is the 956. They had to be to race in the class.

Perhaps you need to explain that to the Road and Track people. Those are the people that are stating that the NIO EP-9 owns the street legal record lap at Nurburgring.

Before a decade is out, Tesla will have a pickup EV for sale.

Tesla all-electric pickup truck | Electrek

CEO Elon Musk has been talking about Tesla making an all-electric pickup truck for years now, but he said that third generation vehicles, the Model 3 and Model Y, were the priority for now. When revealing his ‘Master Plan Part Deux‘, Musk confirmed that Tesla has been working on a pickup truck but that the company is still in the ‘early stages of development’.

Nonetheless, he later added that we should expect an unveiling of the concept in “6 to 9 months”, which should end up being in early to mid-2017. It is expected to be in production within the next 3 to 4 years (2019-2020).

Yup.

And folks have been talking for decades adout the time when pigs will fly.

Maybe if Elon-boy started in right now on an electric flying pig it would also fry itself into nice crisp bacon on command.

Last summer the car gurus at Edmunds.com took advantage of Tesla Motors’ ever-growing Supercharger network to drive coast-to-coast in a Model S in 67 hours and 21 minutes, record time for an electric vehicle. Carl Reese, of Santa Clarita, California, thought he and his friends could smash that record. This past weekend, they claim they did — by nine hours and 34 minutes.

Reese and his fiancee Deena Mastracci sped across the country in their own red sticker-covered P85D with a high school buddy as a third driver and a team of three more friends in a rented Chevrolet Suburban backing them up as timekeepers and support drivers.

They drove 3,011 miles from Los Angeles to New York City in 58 hours and 55 minutes, including charging time, blowing away the previous records set by Edmunds and by Tesla’s own employees.

http://jalopnik.com/they-drove-a-tesla-from-la-to-new-york-in-a-record-58-h-1699782187

And you're more than a DAY behind the record holder. Truly olfraud, don't try to argue car stuff with people who know what the hell they're talking about. You only look like a moron.... And the prior record was likewise a day shorter than your precious Tesla.

Atlanta man shatters coast-to-coast 'Cannonball Run' speed record

Before the transcontinental race in "Cannonball Run," the starter tells the gathered racers, "You all are certainly the most distinguished group of highway scofflaws and degenerates ever gathered together in one place."
Ed Bolian prefers the term "fraternity of lunatics."
Where the 1981 Burt Reynolds classic was a comedic twist on a race inspired by real-life rebellion over the mandated 55-mph speed limits of the 1970s, Bolian set out on a serious mission to beat the record for driving from New York to Los Angeles.
The mark? Alex Roy and David Maher's cross-country record of 31 hours and 4 minutes, which they set in a modified BMW M5 in 2006.

Atlanta man shatters coast-to-coast 'Cannonball Run' speed record - CNN.com

Well, stupid ass, I assume that the Tesla was driven at legal speeds. After all, you were the one that said a thousand miles at 65 miles an hour. But that is typical of you, lose the argument and move the goal posts.

Minimizing charge time also meant using no A/C, no heat, no radio, keeping weight to a minimum, and drafting behind the Suburban whenever they could to reduce air resistance.

What's this bullshit?

Drafting? No A\C no radio?

I would rather be in that BMW

Old rocks get a horse

Well, stupid ass, I assume that the Tesla was driven at legal speeds. After all, you were the one that said a thousand miles at 65 miles an hour. But that is typical of you, lose the argument and move the goal posts.

Read your own link...they were in the tripple digit's

I think olfraud is illiterate sometimes. That or really, really stupid. A simple calculation would have shown that you have be breaking the speed laws wherever possible.

I think olfraud is illiterate sometimes. That or really, really stupid. A simple calculation would have shown that you have be breaking the speed laws wherever possible.

He is bragging about the telsa lke the wright brothers flew like 10 feet at kitty hawk..

It wouldn't be so bad but he is using 1845 technology.

lol

He is bragging about the telsa lke the wright brothers flew like 10 feet at kitty hawk..

lol

The worst part about it is old rocks is calling it new technology

lol

I actually do think that EV's are the wave of the future. Just not using batteries. Battery tech is limited. Broadcast power though, like Tesla himself postulated, THAT would be a game changer. Instantly the internal combustion engine would be obsolete and we would have some truly remarkable cars. These idiots like olfraud and mathew think they're cutting edge, but they're not. They're ancient history.

lol

The worst part about it is old rocks is calling it new technology

OK old rocks you figured out how to wire a battery to a electric motor..

And put wheels on it..

We are impressed.

lol

I actually do think that EV's are the wave of the future. Just not using batteries. Battery tech is limited. Broadcast power though, like Tesla himself postulated, THAT would be a game changer. Instantly the internal combustion engine would be obsolete and we would have some truly remarkable cars. These idiots like olfraud and mathew think they're cutting edge, but they're not. They're ancient history.

Broadcast power?

Don't have a clue what it is sorry have to look into it by myself.. I thought it would be hydrogen fuel cells..with electric motors.

lol

Broadcast power?

Don't have a clue what it is sorry have to look into it by myself.. I thought it would be hydrogen fuel cells..with electric motors.

Instead of wires you use antennas and broadcast the power just like a radio. The EV"s would have a dedicated antenna and the battery for emergency would be very small because it would only need to be used for very short distances. Thus decreased weight, increased reliability and the environment would be better off because you could use nukes to power the energy grid.

Once again rocks, a Mazda 2 could easily take your tesla in a cross country race...the only way that an electric could ever come close is if it were riding on a trailer behind a petroleum powered vehicle.

Your attempts to defend electrics vs petroleum vehicles is about as stupid and dishonest as your attempts to defend AGW...

Instead of wires you use antennas and broadcast the power just like a radio. The EV"s would have a dedicated antenna and the battery for emergency would be very small because it would only need to be used for very short distances. Thus decreased weight, increased reliability and the environment would be better off because you could use nukes to power the energy grid.

That sort of tech will come from the private sector when there is a genuine profit motive to develop it. That sort of innovation will come from the best and the brightest and government attracts neither the best nor the brightest.

Forum List

Back