Were the Founding Fathers ...today....to write the Bill of Rights...

Yes they would, and geres why... the Foundung Fathers would ve utterly disgusted with the Government we have today and would be seeking its overthrow just like they did in 1775. You need guns for thst.
You can't beat the US military with nothing but semi automatics. Would you all PLEASE wake up and smell the coffee?
The Cong did a fair job, and ISIS hasn't been beaten yet.

Yes they would, and geres why... the Foundung Fathers would ve utterly disgusted with the Government we have today and would be seeking its overthrow just like they did in 1775. You need guns for thst.
You can't beat the US military with nothing but semi automatics. Would you all PLEASE wake up and smell the coffee?

Yes, you can. Our military is still stuck in Afghanistan with no end in sight, and the Romanian revolution of just a few short years ago, started with single shot .22 target pistols.

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.
As usual, no answer, just the statement of "you can't...."
Explain, then, how our civilians will overcome drones missiles tanks, bombs, landmines, etc. with their hunting rifles. I'm just interested.

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.
Explain, then, how our civilians will overcome drones missiles tanks, bombs, landmines, etc. with their hunting rifles. I'm just interested.

How do the Afghans avoid them?

I think they would have second thoughts on freedom of speech by the press.
Also, they wouldn't allow foreigners to buy an interest in our media and use it as a tool against Americans.
They would be rolling in their grave at the decision of the courts over "duel citizenship."

The first time this came to the courts by a Mexican citizen, it was refused. Logically this was ruled as not in our best interests.

All of them knew the warning about trying to serve two masters.

The next time it came to the courts, in front of a Jewish judge, by an Israeli citizen, hmmm. . . gee, all of a sudden, duel citizenship is ruled constitutional? Now we have high level duel citizen government employees and representatives serving. How long till we have a president that is a citizen of another nation?

All of a sudden, America becomes globally oriented?

I'm not sure the founders, especially George Washington, would have thought that was in our best interest.

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.

Explain how the N. Vietnamese or the Taliban seem to be doing it.

The Cong were supported by communist USSR. Who, I wonder, will get behind you revolutionaries? It would be interesting to see who backs the destruction of the first democracy in the modern world.

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.

Explain how the N. Vietnamese or the Taliban seem to be doing it.
This ain't Afghanistan.

Also, they wouldn't allow foreigners to buy an interest in our media and use it as a tool against Americans.
They would be rolling in their grave at the decision of the courts over "duel citizenship."

The first time this came to the courts by a Mexican citizen, it was refused. Logically this was ruled as not in our best interests.

The next time it came to the courts, in front of a Jewish judge, by an Israeli citizen, hmmm. . . gee, all of a sudden, duel citizenship is ruled constitutional? Now we have high level duel citizen government employees and representatives serving. How long till we have a president that is a citizen of another nation?

I'm not sure the founders, especially George Washington, would have thought that was in our best interest.
Dual citizenship between Canada and US was made illegal not too many years ago. Are you sure you're up to date on this?

Knowing what we now know about technology AND many Americans' propensities toward violence, would the Founding Fathers include the 2nd amendment as part of our Constitution?

Or would the wording of such a poorly written and unclear statement be more specific about guns' ownership?

It's only poorly written and unclear to the ignorant and illiterate among you. The rest of you understand it fine, you're just against it.

Considering world conditions, gun ownership would probably be made mandatory.

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.

Easy. They will not be aimed at civilians in the first place.

Don't assume the Armed Forces will back a sitting government just because it's seated.

The Cong were supported by communist USSR. Who, I wonder, will get behind you revolutionaries? It would be interesting to see who backs the destruction of the first democracy in the modern world.

and they used a lot of things the USSR couldn't provide to ambush troops in the field,

pits in the middle of trails, pungi sticks, etc.

take out a squad, and use the weapons of the dead against us.

As long as the international banking cartel is manipulating the economy and the press, I am sure they will have no problem letting the Russians and Chinese supply the democratic-republican revolutionaries to the Orwellian Police State in the US. War is always good for global business. If Americans are dying, no matter where it is happening, it is still good for business. All the better for them if they are killing each other. They have been manipulating us for the past two decades to get us in this position.

After all, the Russians and Chinese know who the consumers are.

Talk about irony though, eh?

Why can't you?
That's not an argument.

Easy. They will not be aimed at civilians in the first place.

Don't assume the Armed Forces will back a sitting government just because it's seated.
I wouldn't expect the UN to sit on it's hands though.

Dual citizenship between Canada and US was made illegal not too many years ago. Are you sure you're up to date on this?
Nope, I'm not apparently. Why would that be, when duel citizenship between Israel an the US isn't? That's odd, really strange. Why is that?

I can't believe I'm actually having this discussion with people who seem to be otherwise sensible. None of you actually believe an armed uprising against our government would be successful? As someone hinted, only if the unrest were so overwhelming that the military turned against the sitting government as well.
We had a Civil War once, with one side backed by gentlemen who believed they were right but didn't have the manufacturing and financial ability to combat the standing government. Look up who won.

Nope, I'm not apparently. Why would that be, when duel citizenship between Israel an the US isn't? That's odd, really strange. Why is that?
Dunno. All I do know is that dual citizenship is no longer being granted to kids born in Canada to US parents. I live right on the border, so I know a bunch of those folks. That's the only reason I asked.

Dunno. All I do know is that dual citizenship is no longer being granted to kids born in Canada to US parents. I live right on the border, so I know a bunch of those folks. That's the only reason I asked.
Ah, that's a different scenario. I get understand that case.

Duel citizenship should have never been allowed in the first place, to anyone.

The US Military was defeated in Vietnam. Yes, the North Vietnamese had support from the Russians, but the Russians did not invent the Pungi pit. The enemy would fight with whatever they had, old French bolt action rifles, bows and arrows, or sharpened stakes of wood.

We believed that technology was the king, and we were wrong. We entered Afghanistan with the same arrogance. This time, our technology would win. This time, we would be smarter. This time, we would get the people on our side. This time is turning out to be exactly like the last several times.

So let’s consider that technology. You say you can’t defeat it with semi-automatic rifles. Somewhat true, as far as it goes. But how does that technology work? It isn’t magic. It needs parts, and it needs fuel. A lot of fuel. Helicopters burn fuel by the ton. Jets burn even more. Tanks, trucks, and even drones burn a lot of fuel. All of that fuel is shipped in. Trucks, trains, even pipelines. Those are called lines of communication. It’s a fancy phrase for line of supply.

Britain and America had the most powerful fleets in the world when the Second World War started, and they were nearly defeated by a handful of Submarines which were able to come perilously close to strangling Britain. Churchill said the battle of the Atlantic, the U Boats, were the only thing that truly frightened him. That was the one thing that could have won the war for the Germans.

Supplies is the vulnerable tail that wags the military dog. As an example of how some people just don’t get that, I’ll use 9-11.

The Terrorists were determined to attack symbols of America. A brilliant blow against the hated West. Yet, they were idiots. There were a lot more targets that would have had a far more devastating impact. Attacking four refineries would have crippled our economy. Attacking the Hoover Dam would have crippled the South West power and water for a decade, or more.

Instead, we got lucky. The Terrorists attacked symbols. We were stung, even hurt a little. But we did not suffer a terrible blow.

Don’t worry, this lesson has yet to be learned by those who won’t study History. We were fortunate that the Terrorists consider it a plus to be ignorant of anything but the Koran. If they had studied History, they would have learned that the biggest mistake the Japanese made during Pearl Harbor was not attacking the oil tanks and repair docks. Without those, the ships in Pearl Harbor would have been stranded for want of fuel for months. With those, we were able to get the submarines and carrier task forces out and fighting. The nearest Oil for the fleet if the tanks had been damaged would have been in San Diego, some three thousand miles away, with almost no tankers to move it.

Truckers have to carry the fuel to the Military. If the pipelines are damaged, and I think we can agree they would be during a civil war, then the only source of fuel would be trucks, or rail. Rail is easy to upset, and trucks are even easier. All the pretty and awesome technology would be stationary, unable to move for want of a ton of fuel.

Napoleon said that an army marched on it’s stomach. Today, that Army floats on a sea of diesel fuel. Without that fuel, the army doesn’t move. You’ve taken highly trained aircrews, and turned them into poorly trained infantry. You’ve taken experienced tankers, and turned them into inexperienced infantry. Your drone pilots, become poor excuses for guards.

Very,very interesting,OldLady . After the cold war was over an American General was supposed to have asked a Russian General if the Russians ever thought of invading the U.S. The Russian's answer was, "We considered it because we could have beaten your Army. However, we dismissed the idea because we could not have beaten the millions of your citizens with their guns."

My questions is this: What is the reason that Liberal Progressive Democrat Pukes continuously demand we turn in our guns and have strict gun control? Any logical reason?

Your turn to come back with an idiotically stupid reason, Go for it!

Forum List

Back