Were the Hebews in Jesus's day not taught about the Exodus?

No the Romans were actually very holy people. They never kicked the Hebrews out of Palestine either. The Greeks were the smart ones. King Cyrus comes to mind as the Persian King who captured Babylon and allowed Jews to return to Judah , another sugar daddy of the Hebrews. Yes there is a lot of history there, everyone fighting for the coastline. There was never a time when Hebrews controlled Israel as it is today, its all fantasy, as we know the tribes fought amongst themselves.

Triumph of Alexander the Great over the Persians is considered one of the most important events of the fourth century B.C. He occupied Syria including Gaza and Jerusalem and annexed them to the Greek Empire in 322 B.C.

or did they just forget? Hard thing to forget. Maybe they didn't understand that Jesus meant they were a slave to sin.

John 8:33-40King James Version (KJV)

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

(apparently they always thought of themselves as free)

Interesting contradiction, isn't it. Most scholars today don't think there was an Exodus...or that the Jews were ever in Egypt. They think they were just another Canaanite tribe... a landless one.

I grew up in a USA town full of jerks like you-------in the 50s and 60s they INSISTED that DA NIGRAS were treated well in the southern plantations unless they
WERE UPPITY AND UNGRATEFUL . Actually, the Persians never ruled
Judea------the greeks were in an out a bit but gave up------the romans were the
barbarians that liked to feed people to lions for lunch. The whole area was in
a constant state of warfare from EGYPT THRU MESOPOTAMIA-----onto Greece
and into PERSIA----for millennia-------you should learn some history

The Greeks ruled from Alexander to Antiochus IV Epiphanies. It was a few hundred years. The Decapolis prospered and everyone spoke Greek.

Irosie91

This is interesting.. talks about the Levites.

Isn't that cute that she thinks Jews wrote the NT?
Yeah like a Jew is gonna get the Hebrew Gender for Lineage of
Bethlehem Ephratah (a person) wrong when recanting Micah 5 in Matthew and confuse it for a town.
Or a Jew is gonna call his messiah the morning star (lucifer)-rev 22:16 when Jews knew morning star was the son of baal and the nemesis of Shalem (Evening Star) the one the JEWISH holy city is dedicated to AND DAVID NAMED HIS SON AFTER.

Jesus' and his disciples were Jews, weren't they?

Jesus' and his disciples were Jews, weren't they?

you have their writings?----the Nicean council did not, somehow, manage to preserve those important original
documents despite very adequate means to do so and a
fairly recent writing thereof---within about 300 years---all
gone.

The Greeks ruled from Alexander to Antiochus IV Epiphanies. It was a few hundred years. The Decapolis prospered and everyone spoke Greek.
SO? there are parts of my city in which ---depending upon which block you land "everyone" speaks, ---polish, russian,
spanish, italian, chinese, urdu----etc etc. The British "ruled" lots of places -----now and then as did the "iberians"

SO? there are parts of my city in which ---depending upon which block you land "everyone" speaks, ---polish, russian,
spanish, italian, chinese, urdu----etc etc. The British "ruled" lots of places -----now and then as did the "iberians"

I was saying the Greeks controlled Israel from Alexander to Antiochus IV Epiphanies... not talking about your hometown.

I was saying the Greeks controlled Israel from Alexander to Antiochus IV Epiphanies... not talking about your hometown.
I demonstrated to you the nature of 'foreign control' in bygone
days. Try to pull your head out from under that rock. Your
assertion, "everyone spoke greek" is ludicrous

I demonstrated to you the nature of 'foreign control' in bygone
days. Try to pull your head out from under that rock. Your
assertion, "everyone spoke greek" is ludicrous

The New Testament was written in Greek. The Decapolis was prosperous and so was the North. Greek was the language of commerce.

The New Testament was written in Greek. The Decapolis was prosperous and so was the North. Greek was the language of commerce.
right----the romans virtually WORSHIPPED the greeks----the language was to the romans as French was to the barbaric BRITS---GREAT CIVILIZATION!!!!!. But the language of the jewish scholarship was never greek. It was hebrew and aramaic---still is.

no wonder the new testicle is so screwed up. It is based on
non-existent translations from aramaic into greek

Forum List

Back