🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WH flag back at full staff after less than 48 hours

As i said , the TRUMP was Elected President , 'juan mcstain' couldn't be elected President Caddo .

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

What a soulless man is this SO CALLED president. He has no shame....

How long was it for half staff when Teddy Kennedy croaked? Or Robert C. Byrd? or Barry Goldwater, Ted Bilbo, Robert Taft? How many days for George McGovern, also a failed presidential candidate as well as a senator?

McCain isn't the first US Senator to keel over dead.
It is standard custom for the flag to fly at half mast until their funeral.

Not for senators. In the other thread there is a link for the rules enacted under eisenhower. Senators get the day of, and the day after their death.

President Obama lowered the flag to half staff in honor of Senator Robert Byrd on June 30th, and it returned to full staff on July 7th. It should be noted that flags were full staff on July 4th during that period for Independence Day.

http://halfstaff.org/flags-to-half-staff-for-senator-byrd/
Barack lowered the nations flag to half mast for the grand oompa pa of the KKK? Wow!

It is plain to see that Trump has contempt for politicians in general, no matter the party affiliation.

I may have disagreed with some of McCain's political views but Trump clearly demonstrated his contempt for McCain during the 2016 POTUS campaign.

I congratulate America on having one of the most petty individuals imaginable residing in The White House.
---------------------------------------------------- Problem is that YOUR types elevate these overlords and worship them . As far as 'mcstain' , he had a government job and he was PAID to do that job . Nothing more should be given to him except in YOUR private worship if you want to worship him privately Caddo . Best thing to remember is that 'mcstain' couldn't be elected President while The TRUMP was elected to President . That alone should be an indication of what Americans thought of 'juan mcstain' Caddo .

As stated, I rarely agreed with McCain's political views but McCain had respect for all of his political opponents.

It is difficult to be that person, a person that can disagree with someone else, and remain respectful; a class act.

Being an asshole is easy; just look at Trump.

McCain had no respect for his conservative political opponents at all. He was a crotchedly old man- which is fine, there is a place for that type. But he wasn't the political god the liberals say he was, and they agreed with that assessment in 2008. In fact, in 08, he was condemned by the left as another Hitler, a bitter old racist.

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

How long was it for half staff when Teddy Kennedy croaked? Or Robert C. Byrd? or Barry Goldwater, Ted Bilbo, Robert Taft? How many days for George McGovern, also a failed presidential candidate as well as a senator?

Not for senators. In the other thread there is a link for the rules enacted under eisenhower. Senators get the day of, and the day after their death.

President Obama lowered the flag to half staff in honor of Senator Robert Byrd on June 30th, and it returned to full staff on July 7th. It should be noted that flags were at full staff on July 4th during that period for Independence Day.

http://halfstaff.org/flags-to-half-staff-for-senator-byrd/

That was up to Obama. The point is Trump followed protocol.

40231282_856554211215936_3743555261118283776_n.jpg

the only reason trump is pissed...he wont be the center of attention.....i wonder how he will regain the attention that day

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
If you've got information that they didn't, let's have it.

its no big deal , TRUMP can do as he likes on this silly issue and thats what he did .

That was up to Obama. The point is Trump followed protocol.

The point is the President can do whatever he wants, and the people can view it whatever way they want to. Protocol is for people who desire the approval of others as far as their actions are concerned. Look at the guest list for Senator Strom Thurman's 100th birthday party, and Joe Biden gave the eulogy at his funeral.

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
If you've got information that they didn't, let's have it.
yep. google still works.

When to Fly the Flag at Half Staff (Mast)

HOW LONG SHOULD THE FLAG BE AT HALF-STAFF?
  • Thirty days after the death of a President or former President
  • Ten days after the death of a Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives
  • Until the burial of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former Vice President, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
  • On the day of, and the day after, the death of a Member of Congress.
  • On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
protocol followed then. people need to stop looking for reasons to be mad and go do some homework.

View attachment 213197

the only reason trump is pissed...he wont be the center of attention.....i wonder how he will regain the attention that day
There was a time when you libtards thought Bush was a pos! There was a time when you libtards mocked McCain and said he was unfit to be Pres. you wanted obummer. Can ewe be any more obviously hypocritical? Just anything will do to bash trump hey?

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

View attachment 213197

I have no doubt in my mind that POTUS will find a way to make McCains funeral all about his Orange Sovereign.

I don't think President Trump will publicly mention McCain's funeral at all, and just continue to run the government and tweet about the business of government

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

I don't think it calls for anything. The Far Left is just looking for reasons to be pissed at President Trump.

Why don't they just work together with their president to return America to greatness instead of picking a nit.

I love it when Republicans are STOMPING on their own.

This is a man that every. single. currently-anti McCain poster in this thread was backing to the hilt when he was going against Obama.

#LOLGOP #SMHGOP #TooFunny

Forum List

Back