WH responds to Cheney

If you really are stupid enough to believe that by mentioning 9/11 and Iraq in the same speech means they are saying that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 then I've got some land in New Orleans you may be interested in.

And apparently 45% of your countrymen would buy it. But then again they did, didn't they....

and they were probably all liberals...they're the ones who were duped.
If the shoe fits.....

I defy ANYONE on this board to find one single instance, verifiable, where anyone from the Bush Administration said unequivocally that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

Good luck.

Last edited:
If you really are stupid enough to believe that by mentioning 9/11 and Iraq in the same speech means they are saying that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 then I've got some land in New Orleans you may be interested in.

And apparently 45% of your countrymen would buy it. But then again they did, didn't they....

and they were probably all liberals...they're the ones who were duped.
If the shoe fits.....

I defy ANYONE on this board to find one single instance, verifiable, where anyone from the Bush Administration said unequivocally that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

Good luck.

Ok,
"And Saddam Hussein becomes a prime suspect in that regard because of his past track record and because we know he has, in fact, developed these kinds of capabilities, chemical and biological weapons. . . We know that he has a long-standing relationship with various terrorist groups, including the al-Qaeda organization." - Dick Cheney, Meet the Press, NBC (3/16/2003)

"We did have reporting that was public, that came out shortly after the 9/11 attack, provided by the Czech government, suggesting there had been a meeting in Prague between Mohammed Atta, the lead hijacker, and a man named al-Ani (Ahmed Khalil Ibrahim Samir al-Ani), who was an Iraqi intelligence official in Prague, at the embassy there, in April of '01, prior to the 9/11 attacks. It has never been -- we've never been able to collect any more information on that. That was the one that possibly tied the two together to 9/11." - Transcript of Interview with Vice President Dick Cheney, Rocky Mountain News (1/9/2004) -

and here's the part you left out...of course....
page 2 of 4...first paragraph, FIRST LINE!!!!!!!
"On the separate issue, the 9/11 question, we've NEVER HAD CONFIRMATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

You got that alvin.....don't cherry pick bullshit out to support your failure to find ANY definitive statement made by any Bush Administration personnel that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
http://rawstory.com/other/pdfs/cheneytranscript.pdf
NEXT!!!!!

FAIL

Next

And that is the ellegance of this particular gambit and why Dick isn't in jail at the moment. It's called "plausible deniability".
Although only the terminally lobotomized could call this deniability plausable.

You must commit a crime in the USA before going to jail. I am yet to see any proof of any crime that Mr Cheney or Mr Bush may have committed. You know "Proof" that would stand up in a real court instead of in a liberal blog.

"On the separate issue, the 9/11 question, we've NEVER HAD CONFIRMATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

You got that alvin.....don't cherry pick bullshit out to support your failure to find ANY definitive statement made by any Bush Administration personnel that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
NEXT!!!!!

You see...I post links to my sources...I don't cut and paste or plaigarize a section that fits my argument just to make a point. That would be DISHONEST now wouldn't it?

Here's my take on Cheney.

Give him the STFU award!!!

1. The Bush administration stopped the war on the Taliban to fight a questionable war in Iraq

2. The information gained from Cheney's "waterboarding" tactics were out of date and had not led to any significant results

3. Bush released GITMO detainees so that they can go to Yemen

Look, I'm going to use a football metaphor in saying that "Peyton Manning needs advice coming from Ryan Leaf just as President Obama needs advice from Dick Cheney.

Food for thought.

1. The Bush administration stopped the war on the Taliban to fight a questionable war in Iraq

2. The information gained from Cheney's "waterboarding" tactics were out of date and had not led to any significant results

Look, I'm going to use a football metaphor in saying that "Peyton Manning needs advice coming from Ryan Leaf just as President Obama needs advice from Dick Cheney.

Food for thought.

Your food for thought doesn't mount to much.

1. The Bush administration did not Stop the war against the Taliban. There were never less than 20,000 US Troops in Afghanistan, I believe that about 12,000 had the mission of searching for Al Qaeda and UBL.

2, I would love to see the documents you must have seen. I'll bet they are the ones Cheney told Obama to declassify...

3. Yes Bush screwed up and bowing to public (liberal?) pressure he released people who returned to terrorism. So that means it's OK for Obama not to learn from this mistake?

We don't need metaphors, facts stand alone.

I got an answer.

When did they invade Iraq?

What's the difference? The democrat leadeship quotes were up to 2003. The first troops landed March 2003

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Again, they did not invade Iraq. The President at the time did.

Yeah, so?

NEXT!!!!!

Outstanding work.

They have to lie to try and back up their nonsense.

I got an answer.

When did they invade Iraq?

What's the difference? The democrat leadeship quotes were up to 2003. The first troops landed March 2003

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Again, they did not invade Iraq. The President at the time did.

I suggest you unmderstand how our government works before you type. It sort of makes you look silly.

The President did not invade Iraq. He simply laid out this suggestion based on international intelligence.

Congress is the one who gave approval to the decision to enter iraq and seek WMD's.

But please...continue talking about something you obviously know very little about.

How did Pres. Bush stop the war in Afghanistan? The war has still been going on.

Terry Jeffrey : CIA Waterboarding Produced Intel That Stopped Attack on Los Angeles - Townhall.com

As CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo explained in a 2004 letter to then-Acting Assistant Attorney General Daniel Levin of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, the CIA would only resort to waterboarding a top al-Qaida leader when the agency had "credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent," "substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack" and "(o)ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit the information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack."

Rizzo's letter, as quoted here, was cited in a May 30, 2005, memo to Rizzo from then-Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Steven G. Bradbury, also of the Office of Legal Counsel.

On Tuesday, the CIA confirmed to me that it stands by assertions credited to the agency in this 2005 memo that subjecting KSM to "enhanced techniques" of interrogation -- including waterboarding -- caused him to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to stop a planned 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.
The previously classified memo was released by President Obama last week.

Before they were waterboarded, both KSM and Abu Zubaydah did not believe Americans had the will to stop al-Qaida, the 2005 Justice Department memo says, citing information from the CIA.

"Both KSM and Zubaydah had 'expressed their belief that the general U.S. population was 'weak,' lacked resilience and would be unable to 'do what was necessary' to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals,'" said the memo. "Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon, you will know.'"

After he was waterboarded, KSM provided the CIA with information that allowed the U.S. government to close down a terror cell already "tasked" with flying a jet into a building in Los Angeles.

"You have informed us that the interrogation of KSM -- once enhanced techniques were employed -- led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the 'Second Wave,' 'to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into' a building in Los Angeles," says the memo, referring to information CIA provided to Justice.

Are all liberals just so completely devoid of reality?

How did Pres. Bush stop the war in Afghanistan? The war has still been going on.

Terry Jeffrey : CIA Waterboarding Produced Intel That Stopped Attack on Los Angeles - Townhall.com

As CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo explained in a 2004 letter to then-Acting Assistant Attorney General Daniel Levin of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, the CIA would only resort to waterboarding a top al-Qaida leader when the agency had "credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent," "substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack" and "(o)ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit the information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack."

Rizzo's letter, as quoted here, was cited in a May 30, 2005, memo to Rizzo from then-Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Steven G. Bradbury, also of the Office of Legal Counsel.

On Tuesday, the CIA confirmed to me that it stands by assertions credited to the agency in this 2005 memo that subjecting KSM to "enhanced techniques" of interrogation -- including waterboarding -- caused him to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to stop a planned 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.
The previously classified memo was released by President Obama last week.

Before they were waterboarded, both KSM and Abu Zubaydah did not believe Americans had the will to stop al-Qaida, the 2005 Justice Department memo says, citing information from the CIA.

"Both KSM and Zubaydah had 'expressed their belief that the general U.S. population was 'weak,' lacked resilience and would be unable to 'do what was necessary' to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals,'" said the memo. "Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon, you will know.'"

After he was waterboarded, KSM provided the CIA with information that allowed the U.S. government to close down a terror cell already "tasked" with flying a jet into a building in Los Angeles.

"You have informed us that the interrogation of KSM -- once enhanced techniques were employed -- led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the 'Second Wave,' 'to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into' a building in Los Angeles," says the memo, referring to information CIA provided to Justice.

Are all liberals just so completely devoid of reality?

On this board?
Yes.
In real life?
Yes.

The Bush administration allowed the troops to continue in A-Stan without beefing up the forces as all seemed to be moving in the right direction..and in the meantime, he uised international intelligence to determine that WMD are a probable trheat in Iraq and COngress, with the same intelligence, determined it best to go in and get them.

In 8 years we had one attempted attack...the shoe bomber. Many were averted.

The press and the left pushed Bush to do many things and I fault him for caving. THAT is what made him a poor leader in my eyes

A smart President will take advice from ANY former Pres or VP....ESPECIALLY from one who had spent 6 years fighting the new kind of war we found in Iraq and A-stan.

My guess is Payton Manning will speak with ANY QB that played against the next team he is playing. It is known as seeking advice from experience. Many do it you know.

Food for thought.

My responses in bold above.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back