WH responds to Cheney

I defy YOU or anyone of the leftards here to FIND ONE SINGLE STATEMENT EVER SAID BY BUSH OR CHENEY WHERE THEY SAID IRAQ WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR 9/11.
Put your money where your mouth is

He never referred to Saddam's responcibility directly. He alluded to it constantly in just about every speech he gave.

The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq - CSMonitor.com
In his prime-time press conference last week, which focused almost solely on Iraq, President Bush mentioned Sept. 11 eight times. He referred to Saddam Hussein many more times than that, often in the same breath with Sept. 11.

Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president. Still, the overall effect was to reinforce an impression that persists among much of the American public: that the Iraqi dictator did play a direct role in the attacks. A New York Times/CBS poll this week shows that 45 percent of Americans believe Mr. Hussein was "personally involved" in Sept. 11, about the same figure as a month ago.

Sources knowledgeable about US intelligence say there is no evidence that Hussein played a role in the Sept. 11 attacks, nor that he has been or is currently aiding Al Qaeda. Yet the White House appears to be encouraging this false impression, as it seeks to maintain American support for a possible war against Iraq and demonstrate seriousness of purpose to Hussein's regime.

"The administration has succeeded in creating a sense that there is some connection [between Sept. 11 and Saddam Hussein]," says Steven Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) at the University of Maryland.
The numbers

Polling data show that right after Sept. 11, 2001, when Americans were asked open-ended questions about who was behind the attacks, only 3 percent mentioned Iraq or Hussein. But by January of this year, attitudes had been transformed. In a Knight Ridder poll, 44 percent of Americans reported that either "most" or "some" of the Sept. 11 hijackers were Iraqi citizens. The answer is zero.

This was posted by Patek, not me. It was a response to one of my posts.

Yes, I know. That is what several of us have been trying to get through their fat heads for 2 days. Good luck if you decide to try. Is the term, "thick skull", familiar to you???

Last edited:
and here's the part you left out...of course....
page 2 of 4...first paragraph, FIRST LINE!!!!!!!
"On the separate issue, the 9/11 question, we've NEVER HAD CONFIRMATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

You got that alvin.....don't cherry pick bullshit out to support your failure to find ANY definitive statement made by any Bush Administration personnel that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
http://rawstory.com/other/pdfs/cheneytranscript.pdf
NEXT!!!!!

I am not cherry picking anything. That was the closest time anyone ever came to out right stating it in public. What they did do was conjoin the two over an extended period of time until 44% of the US population believed that Saddam personally flew those planes into the towers.
Anyone who believes the "I didn't say exactly that!" as an excuse must have had a lobotomy. And considering you can't get 44% of Americans to agree to come out of the rain most of the time, that is one hell of a feat.

I suggest you unmderstand how our government works before you type. It sort of makes you look silly.

The President did not invade Iraq. He simply laid out this suggestion based on international intelligence.

Congress is the one who gave approval to the decision to enter iraq and seek WMD's.

But please...continue talking about something you obviously know very little about.

I understand as well as you how your government works, apparently better than you do. Congress can either provide the funding, or not. The decision to enter hostilities when war has not yet been declared belongs to the executive office under the oft cited warpowers act.
He then has to get authorization to keep the operations ongoing.

The reality of the situation was this:
Congress was provided with "sexed up" intelligence hyping the danger of Iraq. Bush, Cheany, Rice, Powell et al. spent months screaming about Sadam coming to take your guns and give them to the mexicans while shredding the bible or somesuch.
The invasion was a forgone conclusion on the grounds that a vote against such a measure at that time would have been political suicide for any member of congress.

Remember 44% of people (who since have been proved totally fuckwitted) believed that Saddam helped OBL on 9/11.......

the obama WH are fools....terrorism is now just a "tactic"....

obama is completely out of touch....

If it is not a tactic, what is it?

if war is not a tactic...what is it? if i stick a gun to your head so you comply with my demands, what is that? a tactic? if i pull a gun and demand you give me your money....is that just a tactic?

You just can't admit that you stepped in it, can you? :lol:

The Washington Monthly

It was only a matter of time before Dick Cheney decided to trash the president again.

"As I've watched the events of the last few days it is clear once again that President Obama is trying to pretend we are not at war. He seems to think if he has a low key response to an attempt to blow up an airliner and kill hundreds of people, we won't be at war."

Let's review a few pesky details. First, it was Cheney's administration that released some of the alleged terrorists who plotted the attack into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" in Saudi Arabia, only to see them become terrorist leaders in Yemen. It was also Cheney's administration that gave Abdulmutallab a visa to enter the United States in the first place.

Second, let's compare some "low-key responses." President Obama addressed a failed terrorist attack three days after it occurred. Eight years ago, when a terrorist tried to blow up an airplane under nearly identical circumstances, then-President Bush waited six days before making brief, cursory public remarks. Five days after the attempted terrorist attack, then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld refused substantive comment altogether, telling reporters, "That's a matter that's in the hands of the law enforcement people." A White House spokesperson would only say at the time that officials were "continuing to monitor events."

Democrats, at the time, didn't launch an assault against the Bush administration, and we didn't see Al Gore condemning the White House. It simply didn't occur to Democrats in 2001 to use the attempted mass murder of hundreds of Americans to undermine the presidency.

Eight years later, Dick Cheney believes his principal responsibility is to destroy President Obama -- the man Americans chose to clean up the messes Cheney left as a parting gift after eight years of abject failure.

:clap2: Yes, and this says so much more about Shooter Cheney, doesn't it?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - White House forcefully responds to Cheney « - Blogs from CNN.com

"There are numerous…public statements that explicitly state we are at war," writes Pfeifer. "The difference is this: President Obama doesn't need to beat his chest to prove it, and – unlike the last Administration – we are not at war with a tactic ("terrorism"), we at war with something that is tangible: al Qaeda and its violent extremist allies. And we will prosecute that war as long as the American people are endangered."

Can this guy just go away? I heard there was going to be a remake of the Addams Family. Maybe Uncle Fester can get a part in the movie? That would keep him busy for a while!

Nope--we have gone back to pre-9/11 mentality. We are trying the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks that declared "war on the United States" that very day in New York City. He is now under the protection of civilian courts--that are offered to U.S. citizens. He will be lawyered up--& the exact same laws that protect American citizens have now been given to him.

The Christmas day attempt--is another example of this pre-9/11 mentality. He was given his miranda rights--you know (you have the right to remain SILENT--if you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to you) & he will be tried in a civilian court. We can't even get his head wet to see if he knows of any other planned attacks.

What I find very odd with liberals is they continually complain about the lack of credible intelligence--yet tie the hands of intelligence officers--by not letting them interogate terrorists--aka known in Obama's new terms as humans running around trying to inflict a man-made disasters--LOL.

Terrorists do not respect the nice guy or appeasement. In fact, a terrorist will always seek the least path of resistance.

Seems more and more like the Right Wing Philosophy is: Torture Good / American Legal System Bad.

He should ignore the Cheneys of the world completely. Obama is the President now, not just some Senator running for the job.

Weirdly we agree. But it is media with nothing to do that gives the draft dodger a pedestal and keeps his idiocy on the front page. In the days before all this 24x7 media Cheney would be treated as McCarthy was - as a loud mouth buffoon.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. George Orwell

Yes, Cheney needs to be replied to in the same way as McCarthy was...."Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

Iraq did have WMD.

Hello? He used them.
'

You are either very confused or a liar. We invaded Iraq to find and destroy the WMD. There was none, but your boy lied and got many other to lie so that all his friend could become rich. The WMD you are referring to was removed by Bush I. You know, the one with a brain.

How many times do you think HW sat in his den with a glass of single malt, looked up at the tv while W was peddling the shit and thought "Unbelieve. A simple fucking rubber could have prevented the greatest embarrassment of my life."

I'm thinking A LOT.

Iraq did have WMD.

Hello? He used them.

Holy fucking diaper snot. Even the fucking bush admin admitted the wmd that was used to justify the invasion were not found. Why the fuck do idiotic mother fucking ***** like you even have the internet? You sure as hell don't use it as a tool for education. Did I hurt your feelings? I don't give a shit. Fucking wankers like you represent the majority of why we will fall. Arrogance. Ignorance. More arrogance. Next time you quote me will you at least try to throw some entertainment into the mix? Stupidity alone is stale.

what did Iraq kill the Kurds with??? kindness????

What else do you have serious problems with besides time lines?

No one has to post any counter evidence. Your point falls because you have nothing credible that supports that WMDs existed in Iraq immediately before or during the invasion, or that any WMDs were moved to Syria.

You sound as silly as Cheney.

Let's go over what we learned

1) Your entire democrat leadership said WMD existed and were a threat from Saddam

2) CIA Director Tenet said that Hussein had WMD and was pursuing nukes

3) Hussein's 2nd in command of the air force reported that they were transfered to Syria

4) Israel's chief of intelligence said that they were transfered to Syria

5) Hussein had ties with Al Qaida that went back a decade

6) Hussein also had ties with other terrorist groups

7) Hussein tried to assassinate a US president

Do you have any evidence that ALL of Hussein's WMD were destroyed?

You have to prove they were not all destroyed, and you have failed on that point.

No I have shown how all democrat leaders said they existed.

You have to prove that they were destroyed, if you want people to believe that they all just vanished.

Not at all, sweetie: the premise was yours and you have not supported it with convincing evidence: outdated, poorly sourced, and unreliable witness. Thus, you have failed.

Once again, both Pres. Bush and Cheney, said clearly and distinctly, several times that they didn't have evidence that Hussein did 911.

Now what you liberals allude or assume from that is your own problem.

They said it in English.

That was AFTER it was shown to be false. However the damage was done, and everyone knows that they knew exactly what the fuck they were doing in mentioning 9/11 and Iraq again and again, and again.....and - fuck it, you get the idea. And the results were plain to see. 45% of Americans thought that Saddam had something to do with 9/11.

You guys even distort your own stuff.

This is what your stuff said

". In a Knight Ridder poll, 44 percent of Americans reported that either "most" or "some" of the Sept. 11 hijackers were Iraqi citizens. The answer is zero."

Thinking that some or most of the hijackers were Iraqi citizens IS NOT the same thing as saying that they thought Hussein did 911.

The kind of reactionary wingnut logic we see here is why they cost us the last election. But that was a good thing: who would want that crowd in power anymore?

Reactionary logic?

I have backed up everything that I said.

You have provided ZERO, NADA, ZIPPO to back up anything that you said.

Once again, what lie?

I don't have to post counter evidence to an affirmative point of yours. I only have to show why you are wrong. Point made, and you can move along.

You don't have to do anything. However, you have shown nothing at all to support your arguements and I have backed up everything that I said.

Keep up the great work :cuckoo:

the obama WH are fools....terrorism is now just a "tactic"....

obama is completely out of touch....

Pray tell....if terrorism is NOT a tactic, what is it then? :eusa_eh:

Terrorism is a strategy for terrorists.

People who engage in terrorism are called terrorists, they are a group of people.

There are terrorists who can also make up different groups.

One such group is called Al Qaida. The war is with Al Qaida, terror groups similar to Al Qaida, and state sponsors who help them.

and here's the part you left out...of course....
page 2 of 4...first paragraph, FIRST LINE!!!!!!!
"On the separate issue, the 9/11 question, we've NEVER HAD CONFIRMATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

You got that alvin.....don't cherry pick bullshit out to support your failure to find ANY definitive statement made by any Bush Administration personnel that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
http://rawstory.com/other/pdfs/cheneytranscript.pdf
NEXT!!!!!

I am not cherry picking anything. That was the closest time anyone ever came to out right stating it in public.

Basically you lied by ommitting what else Cheney said which was "On the separate issue, the 9/11 question, we've NEVER HAD CONFIRMATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

What they did do was conjoin the two over an extended period of time until 44% of the US population believed that Saddam personally flew those planes into the towers.
Anyone who believes the "I didn't say exactly that!" as an excuse must have had a lobotomy. And considering you can't get 44% of Americans to agree to come out of the rain most of the time, that is one hell of a feat.

That is not what the poll that YOU posted said, it said that 44% thought that some or many of the hijackers were Iraqi citizens.

Some of the hijackers were Saudi citizens, but the Saudi government didn't endorse the attack. They were our ally during the war againt Al Qaida.

Words mean things.

How can we take him seriously. He was second in command during the worse attack on american soil and Obama is weak on terrorism?

Obama took too long to respond the this bomber, yet he and bush took longer to repsond after the shoe bomber...

Come on.

From what I understand he is doing all this to stay relevant because he has a book tour coming up. Its amazing how 2 million dollars is worth more than lying about the president.

Dick ... you live up to your name.

Forum List

Back