What A Shocker: Al Franken Defends / Supports Kathy Griffin's Sick 'Trump Beheading' Stunt

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Al Franken is stepping up to support his friend Kathy Griffin after she sparked public outrage with a controversial photo shoot where she is seen holding a bloodied mask of President Donald Trump.

The 66-year-old senator and former “Saturday Night Live” writer told CNN’s Alisyn Camerota on “New Day” that while he believed the images went too far, the 56-year-old comedienne can survive the backlash."

TO HIS CREDIT, At least 'Stuart Smalley' acknowledged what Griffin did 'went too far'.

----------

"Shields told Fox News on Tuesday that Griffin was hoping to create a bold message. “Kathy and I are friends and we work together before, so when we started doing this shoot, she said, ‘I’d love to do something political. I’d love to make a statement,’” he explained. “We kind of figured out what would be the best image to make out of that.”

What the hell was 'the message'? That liberal snowflakes, who called for Trump's assassination after he won the election, are engulfed in so much bitter hate that they would like to see the President beheaded in terrorist ISIS fashion?

It is made clear by this comment that the decision to do this stunt was not a 'spur-of-the-moment' / 'off-the-cuff' decision. Shields and Griffin spent a good bit of time coming up with their 'bold message' and supporting image/props chosen. That tells me Griffin is not at all apologetic about the message she chose to portray and how she did so - It tells me she is apologetic as hell her actions resulted in such swift repercussions over the intense backlash for her sick, pathetic stunt.

"Shields added the image was meant to serve as art and he’s aware that it could make some viewers uncomfortable."

Only sick, seditious, f*ed up, partisan snowflakes could consider holding a mock, bloody severed head of the President of the United States 'art'. I am sure ISIS agrees with them and appreciates what Democrats consider 'art', but TRUE AMERICANS consider that 'UN-ACCEPTABLE'!

Kathy Griffin gets support from Al Franken: 'I think she can recover'

Al, there is no defense for what Griffin did.....

Last edited:
Sadly Weird Al is correct in one regard, the left will forgive her....like we didn't recognize their faux outrage over it

Sadly Weird Al is correct in one regard, the left will forgive her....like we didn't recognize their faux outrage over it

In reality, as you point out, Griffin's behavior / sick stunt is now 'acceptable' behavior if it targets Conservatives. 'Harmless stunt'....'Art'...

In reality, as you point out, Griffin's behavior / sick stunt is now 'acceptable' behavior if it targets Conservatives. 'Harmless stunt'....'Art'...

I won't put it on here but on iotwreport they have an article on this and Griffen, she's nuts, a mental whack job who fits right in with the leftist loons

"Al Franken is stepping up to support his friend Kathy Griffin after she sparked public outrage with a controversial photo shoot where she is seen holding a bloodied mask of President Donald Trump.

The 66-year-old senator and former “Saturday Night Live” writer told CNN’s Alisyn Camerota on “New Day” that while he believed the images went too far, the 56-year-old comedienne can survive the backlash."

TO HIS CREDIT, At least 'Stuart Smalley' acknowledged what Griffin did 'went too far'.

----------

"Shields told Fox News on Tuesday that Griffin was hoping to create a bold message. “Kathy and I are friends and we work together before, so when we started doing this shoot, she said, ‘I’d love to do something political. I’d love to make a statement,’” he explained. “We kind of figured out what would be the best image to make out of that.”

What the hell was 'the message'? That liberal snowflakes, who called for Trump's assassination after he won the election, are engulfed in so much bitter hate that they would like to see the President beheaded in terrorist ISIS fashion?

It is made clear by this comment that the decision to do this stunt was not a 'spur-of-the-moment' / 'off-the-cuff' decision. Shields and Griffin spent a good bit of time coming up with their 'bold message' and supporting image/props chosen. That tells me Griffin is not at all apologetic about the message she chose to portray and how she did so - It tells me she is apologetic as hell her actions resulted in such swift repercussions over the intense backlash for her sick, pathetic stunt.

"Shields added the image was meant to serve as art and he’s aware that it could make some viewers uncomfortable."

Only sick, seditious, f*ed up, partisan snowflakes could consider holding a mock, bloody severed head of the President of the United States 'art'. I am sure ISIS agrees with them and appreciates what Democrats consider 'art', but TRUE AMERICANS consider that 'UN-ACCEPTABLE'!

There is a reason why Al Franken will not run again, he knows he'll lose. The goofy looking fucker

Can you imagine the massive, mind-blowing, rabid reaction that would have come from the Left had a Conservative posed for 'ART' holding a mock bloody severed Obama head?

upload_2017-5-31_15-16-49.jpeg

Inappropriate or not, the First Amendment protects her right to free speech to the very same extent it does conservatives.

Conservatives just cannot understand, or accept the fact that the Constitution protects all Americans equally. It does NOT belong to them exclusively.

If a conservative comic had a prop showing the lynching of Obama, the righties would have been cheering wildly.

Inappropriate or not, the First Amendment protects her right to free speech to the very same extent it does conservatives.

Conservatives just cannot understand, or accept the fact that the Constitution protects all Americans equally. It does NOT belong to them exclusively.

Must be why it's being reported the Secret Service is involved

Can you imagine the massive, mind-blowing, rabid reaction that would have come from the Left had a Conservative posed for 'ART' holding a mock bloody severed Obama head?

View attachment 129950
upload_2017-5-31_12-25-10.png
upload_2017-5-31_12-25-23.png
upload_2017-5-31_12-25-34.png
upload_2017-5-31_12-25-48.png
upload_2017-5-31_12-26-2.png
upload_2017-5-31_12-26-23.png

----------

After practically unanimous praise from you people for Gianfronte's attack on a reporter,

THIS is what you want to invest your outrage in? lol, totally unsurprising.

Inappropriate or not, the First Amendment protects her right to free speech to the very same extent it does conservatives..
I am not saying it isn't 'Constitutionally Protected Free Speech'. I am saying it is F*ed up, sick, and something you never saw / wouldn't see a Conservative doing.

I am just saying, again, special snowflakes like Griffin consider posing with a mock bloody terrorist-style severed head of the US President 'acceptable' and as 'art' while Conservatives / REAL Americans find it past disrespectful, sick, and un-acceptable.

View attachment 129950
View attachment 129957View attachment 129958View attachment 129959View attachment 129960View attachment 129961View attachment 129962
Thank you for those pictures. The assholes who made these should be condemned just as strongly as Griffin.

Before yesterday I didn't believe I could have an even lower opinion of Kathy Griffin. I don't mind Al Franken, from my scan of article the OP lied in the headline about his support of the stunt.

“Kathy is a friend and she’s a terrific comedian, but this had no business being in our public discourse,” explained the Minnesota Democrat. “And I talked to her. She has apologized… she actually begged for forgiveness and I believe in forgiveness.”

If a conservative comic had a prop showing the lynching of Obama, the righties would have been cheering wildly.

Bull fuckin' shit. Every large political group and most smaller ones have their whackos and the Right is no exception. But nobody should support the image of a beheaded person, or a lynching either. I am not about to try to portray all Lefties as being supportive of Griffin's action, nor will I accept the contention that anyone on the Right would either if the shoe was on the other foot.

Just how did Al defend Kathy? By saying she can live through this...She will, she'll probably live 30-40 more years..She may never regain her sellability on TV or screen though.

Forum List

Back