What are some of your favorite songs by rock band, Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
My favorites are - 1) Evil Woman 2) Mr. Blue Sky 3) Telephone Line 4) Livin' Thing, and 5) Can't Get It Out Of My Head

Confusion and Sweet Talking Woman spring to mind.... This makes me want to listen to some ELO. Thanks!

I think I like Can't get it Outa my head the best -- so Lennonesque.

I saw them back in 1973. I think it was in Salem, Oregon, but I can't remember for sure. Wishbone Ash opened up for them, and they were great, too.

The one thing I still remember about the show is that the violin player for ELO did a schtick where he used a football for his bow.

I think I like Can't get it Outa my head the best -- so Lennonesque.

I saw them back in 1973. I think it was in Salem, Oregon, but I can't remember for sure. Wishbone Ash opened up for them, and they were great, too.

The one thing I still remember about the show is that the violin player for ELO did a schtick where he used a football for his bow.
I saw them in 1976 at the Anaheim Convention Center, (Face The Music album)
If I remember correctly, Little Feat opened for them.

Wishbone Ash would have been so cool to watch. One of my favorite groups of all time.

My favorites are - 1) Evil Woman 2) Mr. Blue Sky 3) Telephone Line 4) Livin' Thing, and 5) Can't Get It Out Of My Head
I like "Livin' Thing" and "Strange Magic."

I also like "Don't Bring Me Down." It was the first ELO song I heard when I was a wee lad. It's also ELO's only true rock song (recorded without an orchestra).

Oddly enough, an old childhood friend plays in the band "The Orchestra", lead guitar and vocals.

Forum List

Back