What Are The Most Recent Church Lies?

But just in case, I also stuck her noggin under the faucet and gave her the Christian voodoo treatment. :D

baptism.JPG

When Cammmpbell reads the bible, his understanding is vastly different from yours!!

For instance, When Jesus says to Peter and Andrew--"follow me, and I wll make you fisher of men."

Cammmpbell reads it as:"Follow me, and I will make you fisher of fools!!"

That is our Cammmpbell!!

Leaving out known facts is a lie!

For a thousand years they required infant baptism but when the public rejected the "born in sin" concept and began to stay away they ignored their previous position and avoided all the scripture it was based on. They get real interested when donations begin to falter.

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and killed innocent young women for practicing witchcraft. Now that we all know there's no such thing as a witch they have shut up about it...the scripture is still there.

For more than 4000 years the church tolerated slavery and sometimes accomodated it. When one human owning another was no longer a fad or socially acceptable the church shut up about it and they never preach about it at all. All the scripture about slaves obeying their masters etc. is still in the bible but one never hears a formal word about it from the church.

Nothing is new about all this...the church is presently in the process of distancing itself from the flame and heat concept for one reason and one reason only...it doesn't work any more. Most people, regardless of what they say in public, are no longer "AFRAID" of god. They live their lives in the most convenient and comfortable way they can and somehow believe an hour and a half a week and a little of their money dropped into the collection plate is enough to be troubled by religious activity.

I've read and I understand the bible. It's message is two fold and what's happening in the modern society is that at least half of it is being ignored by both the church and it's members. Any negative scripture or any negative thoughts are basically ignored and in addition to that all the sermons which used to be hell fire and brimstone in nature are now carefully worded and slanted toward hell being the absence from god and his angels. Just another desperate ploy attempting to maintain attendance and donations.

While the church has amassed enormous wealth and more real property than any entity except the governments all over the world youngsters by the hundreds of millions have starved to death or suffer from malnutrition.

The church is failing. The statistics all over the world are mind boggling and even here in the "Christian Nation" the number of folks who claim no religious affiliation whatsoever has doubled in the last twenty years. The Internet will put the finishing touches on it. If all the Catholic Hispanic illegals had not been streaming across the border by the millions for the last 25 years the statistical reports would be even more dismal for American churches.

You are babbling again.

Unless something happened I missed, the Catholic and Orthodox churches still practice infant Baptism.

The Catholic Church did hunt witches for a while, but they were rarely young women, and it did not last for thousands of years. The Church hasn't been around for thousands of years yet, they won't officially reach the age of two thousand until 2033. I guess that kinda blows your 4000 year history of slavery out of the water also.

Again, as far as I know, the Catholic church still preaches hellfire, as do quite a few other Christian sects. There are some sects, like Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists, that don't, but they haven't ever preached it. No sect that preaches it is moving away from it, and no sect that doesn't ever has.

As for slaves obeying there masters, I could take you to churches that talk about that about once a month. They always talk about in the context of choosing God over sin, not enslaving blacks, the way your small mind thinks.

Also, last time I checked, there are more Christians, and more Catholics, now than there was in 1910.

For divine guidance: blindfolded altar boy picked his name from a chalice !

images

Bishop Tawadros, of the Nile Delta province of Beheira, to lead the Middle East's biggest Christian community.

Islam Guidance

That's MR ignorant to you, bub.

Just curious.....why is it that you Christian bible thumpers never involve yourselves in anything resembling what's actually in the book?

Dear C:
Maybe you need to check out how powerful Christian prayer and therapy works, in practice, not just people talking about it in third person here.

Do a little research on Spiritual Healing if you want to understand prayer in practice and action. There are lots of people who are busy applying prayer for forgiveness to help others to heal. Here are some sources I posted before, please feel free to contact any of them to help you understand that prayer and healing are real and effective results are documented:

Christian Healing Ministries HEALING by Francis MacNutt
(1999 edition adds references to medical study of healing Rheumatoid Arthritis by prayer, beyond what medicine failed to do)

Healing Is Yours Dr. Phillip Goldfedder, Neurosurgeon

713-829-0899 Olivia Reiner, free healing prayer to help people recovering from cancer or other diseases, addiction, abuse etc.

For secular resources, you can look up forgiveness studies and the steps of forgiveness to find increasing interests in how forgiveness facilitates therapy, healing and health.

I find most people are in different stages of grief recovery, healing or resolving past conflicts, or spiritual/personal growth in general. So during certain stages, people may benefit from sharing ideas online to help each other, in a MUTUAL process. So that is why you will find people online either projecting issues back and forth or trying to resolve them.
People in different stages will use the internet different ways to work things out over time.

Leaving out known facts is a lie!

For a thousand years they required infant baptism but when the public rejected the "born in sin" concept and began to stay away they ignored their previous position and avoided all the scripture it was based on. They get real interested when donations begin to falter.

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and killed innocent young women for practicing witchcraft. Now that we all know there's no such thing as a witch they have shut up about it...the scripture is still there.

For more than 4000 years the church tolerated slavery and sometimes accomodated it. When one human owning another was no longer a fad or socially acceptable the church shut up about it and they never preach about it at all. All the scripture about slaves obeying their masters etc. is still in the bible but one never hears a formal word about it from the church.

Nothing is new about all this...the church is presently in the process of distancing itself from the flame and heat concept for one reason and one reason only...it doesn't work any more. Most people, regardless of what they say in public, are no longer "AFRAID" of god. They live their lives in the most convenient and comfortable way they can and somehow believe an hour and a half a week and a little of their money dropped into the collection plate is enough to be troubled by religious activity.

I've read and I understand the bible. It's message is two fold and what's happening in the modern society is that at least half of it is being ignored by both the church and it's members. Any negative scripture or any negative thoughts are basically ignored and in addition to that all the sermons which used to be hell fire and brimstone in nature are now carefully worded and slanted toward hell being the absence from god and his angels. Just another desperate ploy attempting to maintain attendance and donations.

While the church has amassed enormous wealth and more real property than any entity except the governments all over the world youngsters by the hundreds of millions have starved to death or suffer from malnutrition.

The church is failing. The statistics all over the world are mind boggling and even here in the "Christian Nation" the number of folks who claim no religious affiliation whatsoever has doubled in the last twenty years. The Internet will put the finishing touches on it. If all the Catholic Hispanic illegals had not been streaming across the border by the millions for the last 25 years the statistical reports would be even more dismal for American churches.

You are babbling again.

Unless something happened I missed, the Catholic and Orthodox churches still practice infant Baptism.

The Catholic Church did hunt witches for a while, but they were rarely young women, and it did not last for thousands of years. The Church hasn't been around for thousands of years yet, they won't officially reach the age of two thousand until 2033. I guess that kinda blows your 4000 year history of slavery out of the water also.

Again, as far as I know, the Catholic church still preaches hellfire, as do quite a few other Christian sects. There are some sects, like Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists, that don't, but they haven't ever preached it. No sect that preaches it is moving away from it, and no sect that doesn't ever has.

As for slaves obeying there masters, I could take you to churches that talk about that about once a month. They always talk about in the context of choosing God over sin, not enslaving blacks, the way your small mind thinks.

Also, last time I checked, there are more Christians, and more Catholics, now than there was in 1910.

Technically the Christian myth was drawing it's last breath when the Roman emperor Constantine became a convert himself about 350 AD. He picked pagan holidays for Christmas and easter and more or less established the ground rules for the church. The fairy tale has been told and retold hundreds of billions of times since then. Ol' Hey Zeus is on his way out! Floating on a cloud indeed.

excommunicated Catholics have the greatest hate.

Would that include the hundreds of their clergy who couldn't wait to check the penis size of 10 year olds?

I wouldn't know. The only thing I have noticed is that ex Catholics are very bitter people when it comes to religion.

But NOT more bitter than most of the ex-Mormons I've known.

Most ex-catholics I know can laugh about the shit they went through.

I don't know a single ex Mormon who isn't obsessed with putting down their former religion.

What church you talkin' about?

4,000 years?

:eusa_eh:

He has no idea what he's talking about.

He knows nothing of Christianity or the Bible.

The know nothings are those who go about their business the most convenient way they can and put on good clothes, drop into a church once a week for an hour and a half, drop off their donation which goes to support the church maintennance and other fees and drive back home in their new car after hearing some prick who should get an honest job's weekly message which took a couple of bible verses and 45 minutes to prepare.....and go home with a clear conscience and a good feeling so they can go about their convenient business for another week. Anybody who reads the new testament completely and thinks that's all which is requried has their head up their ass so far that they'll never smell fresh air or see daylight again.

Somehow the apostles forgot to include the need for steeples, oak and mahagony pews, carpeting, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, preacher's home and transportation expenses, 10% to the denomination or conference headquarters, religious retreats, youth programs, etc. I guess folks just don't get it when Jesus said, "Take No Thought For Tomorrow" and "Sell What You Have And Give It To The Poor"

Last edited:
What church you talkin' about?

4,000 years?

:eusa_eh:

The know nothings are those who go about their business the most convenient way they can and put on good clothes, drop into a church once a week for an hour and a half, drop off their donation which goes to support the church maintennance and other fees and drive back home in their new car after hearing some prick who should get an honest job's weekly message which took a couple of bible verses and 45 minutes to prepare.....and go home with a clear conscience and a good feeling so they can go about their convenient business for another week. Anybody who reads the new testament completely and thinks that's all which is requried has their head up their ass so far that they'll never smell fresh air or see daylight again.

Somehow the apostles omitted the need for steeples, oak and mahagony pews, carpeting, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, preacher's home and transportation expenses, 10% to the denomination or conference headquarters, religious retreats, youth programs, etc. I guess they just weren't thinking when they said, "Take No Thought For Tomorrow"

Thank you for proving my point.

Somehow the apostles omitted the need for steeples, oak and mahagony pews, carpeting, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, preacher's home and transportation expenses, 10% to the denomination or conference headquarters, religious retreats, youth programs, etc. I guess they just weren't thinking when they said, "Take No Thought For Tomorrow"

Another one liner. You people either know nothing about what's in the bible or you have carpel tunnel syndrome and it hurts you to key a line or two.

Another one liner. You people either know nothing about what's in the bible or you have carpel tunnel syndrome and it hurts you to key a line or two.

I've forgotten more of what's written in the Bible than you currently know.

I've forgotten more of what's written in the Bible than you currently know.

Hell Fire....Prove it! Spout off a few lines and I'll check you out. Cyber Ink is cheap and lasts a long time.

I started reading about religion when I was a teenager. My mother and sister saw me reading the Book of Mormon while I was still at home and told me to either get that book out of the house or leave myself. My maternal grandmother tried her best to brainwash me with that set of Jewish tales.

I didn't respond to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So" the way I was supposed to.

I stopped about ten years ago but during all those years before that I continued to investigate all the religious beliefs of the world. I have read the bible through and have read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for additional information and opinion. I have read excerpts from Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Sutras, the (Prayers, Meditations and Direction from Sahib) etc. Some about Buddhism although in my opinion that is hardly a religion. It's more like a personal guide.

I do not believe that any of the writings by men are inspired by a creator. I do not believe that the wanderings of early, half civilized mankind and their new and developing imagination is anything more than their dreams and yes...outright hallucinations. Anybody who studies Revelations should quickly figure out that John was exiled, ill and delusional. Do you realize that none of the new testament was written till about 40-50 years after Jesus died? Do you realize that the six known historians who were alive while Jesus was doing his thing never mentioned the first miracle? Do you realize that it was nearly a thousand years after the new testament was written that most of mankind stopped defecating on the ground and wiping himself on his hand? The men who wrote the bible thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They knew no more about a star in the sky than my dog. They had no idea of what a germ or bacteria were and consequently believed that illness was a punishment by god.They believed in miracles, magic, ghosts, witchcraft, demon possession, exorcism, healing, resurrection, slavery and the subjugation of women.

Some religions believe they will join their honorable ancestors if they live a good life. Some believe they will live multiple lives on this planet...gradually ascending to a perfect state of being. Some believe they will return as a snake or bird. Some believe they will have special rewards in the hereafter like virgins assigned to them for all eternity. Some believe they will join god on gossimer wings and pass through pearly gates and walk streets paved with gold while those who disagree with their faith will be burning in a lake of fire and brimstone for all eternity...in my opinion the most arrogant religious belief of all.

There are more than 4,000 documented ways to believe in a supreme being and not a way to prove one. If you take one of those 4,000 and investigate it, Christianity, there are more than 44,000 denominations, sects, clans etc. If it's so important, why is it so complicated and confusing? In my opinion religion is divisive and as long as different cultures believe "God Is On Their Side" there will always be wars and terrorism and hatred among mankind when they should be getting treatment to the diseased and food to the starving.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...CAN IT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutirtion...by default nearly all of them are children.

I do not believe in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, resurrection and I for sure do not believe that 5000 hungry men, plus women and children who also ate, were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back