🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Are the US Goals In Ukraine?

Its none of our business. We are not the world's police force. whenever we take sides we pick the wrong side and lose.

anyone remember viet nam?

Propaganda aside, how many billions did Yanukovych steal?

I don't know. I do know his wealthy statues being investigated. And by all means he could and should be charged.

Which would be one giant step ahead of us in the west. Have you ever witnessed one politician that went to Ottawa or Washington or London and left without a fortune and a plumb new career?

I agree that many US politicians abuse their office but none has yet to achieve the level of theft Yanukovych managed to.

We shall see how this plays out. I have absolutely no problem with him being investigated and charged.

This is what I have a problem with.

185582210.jpg

Our interference to drive the Ukraine into the arms of the EU.

185582210.jpg

I agree, its none of our damn business. let the rest of world alone and concentrate on making the US the strongest, wealthiest, most free nation on earth.

This is actually a serious question. Based on statements by the administration, what are our stated goals in dealing with the Russians on the Ukraine issue?

I ask because I havent heard one yet. And if the administration cannot articulate its goals, it cannot achieve them.

You tell me dear heart .

Why are you spending money and trust me I am going kamikaze up here on this. WHY freaking WHY are we giving them money so they can join the EU?

They overthrew a duly elected president so they could join the EU correct.

A coup.

Ok thats freaking special. Ok. Our governments are rocking with it. Ok Get your rocks of Kerry and Baird.

They wanted to join the EU. Swell you uber right wing crazies that overthrew a duly elected president over.

But why do we as taxpayers have to pay for their decision .

LET THE EU PAY FOR HER NEW PAL.

I agree, but the EU has pledged the new Ukrainian govt $15 Bilion the last I heard.

I don't even see how the administration can move goal posts around to save face at this point. The left was so worried about the world not liking us under Bush...they still don't like us, and now they don't respect us either.

I proudly believe that the GOP's foreign policy is a greater threat to the US than poor old Russia.

We'd be mired deep in wars in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, if Mitt Romney had won.

Bush handed the status of forces ageement to Obama that set a date for withdrawal from Iraq. Obama tripled the number of troop in Afghanistan and has doubled the Americans KIA since he took office. We are still there and Gitmo is still open.

Since you use your crystal ball to predict what Romney would have done, I will predict that Iran will develop nukes and rule the middle east on Obama's watch.

This is actually a serious question. Based on statements by the administration, what are our stated goals in dealing with the Russians on the Ukraine issue?

I ask because I havent heard one yet. And if the administration cannot articulate its goals, it cannot achieve them.

You tell me dear heart .

Why are you spending money and trust me I am going kamikaze up here on this. WHY freaking WHY are we giving them money so they can join the EU?

A coup.

Ok thats freaking special. Ok. Our governments are rocking with it. Ok Get your rocks of Kerry and Baird.

They wanted to join the EU. Swell you uber right wing crazies that overthrew a duly elected president over.

I agree, but the EU has pledged the new Ukrainian govt $15 Bilion the last I heard.

They finally had to pony up and match Russia's offer. I wish more people understood that Russia had offered the Ukraine a really sweet deal to begin with far out bidding the EU .

I cannot for the life of me understand why our monies are needed.

You tell me dear heart .

A coup.

Not sure how you landed in left field on this topic. But you're way off base.
Russia sent unmarked troops wearing uniforms on to Ukrainian territory. Uniformed troops have now surrounded Ukrainian military installations and are making threats. If that isn't an invasion, I am not sure what is.
The Ukrainians had enough of their president, who was going against the vote of a referendum specifically to arrange closer ties with the EU. He was knuckling under to Putin, who wanted closer ties, against the will of the Ukrainian people. And the president was no democrat either, jailing his predecessor on a trumped up charge.

I hate to tell you this but you've been fed a pant load on a steaming hot plate.

This President was duly elected and yes there were monitors in place that actually were amazed how well this election went in 2010.

Don't hand me this shit that this was a move by "all of Ukraine". This coup was led by a small minority in western Ukraine.

This referendum you speak of? Never happened. How's that for you? What had been agreed to in mid February with the EU helping this was a new set of elections to let the people decide.

Oh and btw, the Russians had really offered a sweet deal to the Ukraine a far better one economically than the EU.

No one was knuckling under to anything.

Now on to the Crimea. Putin invaded nothing. Under a treaty from 1997 Russia has been allowed to keep up to 25,000 troops at their naval base. Currently there are 16,000.

This treaty was extended to 2042.

This port in Crimea is home to Russia's Black Sea Fleet. This is no different than your bases in Okinawa or Qatar.

And Russia has a right to protect them.

Exactly right, and a lot of US politicians apparently don't know that or they are ignoring the facts.

Oh look a Russian nutjob has been posting here undercover....

You give fools a bad name. :lol: Like I've sat here for years posting away waiting for Crimea to want to join Russia.

Do you know where the Tartars came from? Do you know what Russia did to them?

Given that Crimea rightfully belongs to the Tartars do you think they want to become part of Russia?

We shall see what they do in the upcoming election on joining Russia won't we?

185582210.jpg

I agree, its none of our damn business. let the rest of world alone and concentrate on making the US the strongest, wealthiest, most free nation on earth.

I've been beating the "I sent you to Ottawa to fix my potholes not to govern the rest of the world with my money" drum up here.

I'm really getting seriously pissed at my very own conservative government for continually poking its nose where it doesn't belong.

Rwanda situation? By all means get in and kick ass and stop a blood bath.

But Egypt? Libya? Syria? and now the freaking Ukraine? Geeze louise when will this crap end?

You tell me dear heart .

A coup.

They finally had to pony up and match Russia's offer. I wish more people understood that Russia had offered the Ukraine a really sweet deal to begin with far out bidding the EU .

They aren't WE are witnessing a pissing contest between two tyrants.

They aren't WE are witnessing a pissing contest between two tyrants.

I have to say I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy from this game of "global chicken".

You give fools a bad name. :lol: Like I've sat here for years posting away waiting for Crimea to want to join Russia.

Given that Crimea rightfully belongs to the Tartars do you think they want to become part of Russia?

I'm third generation Ukrainian in one half. I have no love for Putin but at least I recognize that the Russia of today is not Stalin's Russia.

BUT I do love the truth and that is simply put our governments backed a takeover of a duly elected government and President.

Hell's bells a great compromise had been worked out with the opposition that could have ended this mess. But the radicals kept fighting on.

There was actually an agreement that was mediated by Poland, Germany, France and Russia that would have reduced Presidential powers and set up early elections.

What Are the US Goals In Ukraine?

Show what a bunch of pussies the US is.

the Russians are marking their homes with an "X."

Looks like the Nazis.....tinydancer would fit in with her fellow Russians....

Oh look a Russian nutjob has been posting here undercover....

The truth is the former leader of Ukraine changed his tune regarding joining the EU once Putin put the screws to him. The people protested and a few riots broke out, most likely orchestrated by the KGB. Hmmmm, Putin is former KGB.

Putin needed an excuse to invade Crimea and maybe eastern Ukraine, so making up lies that "Russians" inside Ukraine were being targeted and calling Ukrainians "Nazis" just riled up the drunk Russian mobs.

Putin is a war criminal and so are his troops currently on Ukrainian soil wearing unidentifiable uniforms and ski masks. When a criminal is executing a crime they don't show who they are....

I'm third generation Ukrainian in one half. I have no love for Putin but at least I recognize that the Russia of today is not Stalin's Russia.

BUT I do love the truth and that is simply put our governments backed a takeover of a duly elected government and President.

Hell's bells a great compromise had been worked out with the opposition that could have ended this mess. But the radicals kept fighting on.

There was actually an agreement that was mediated by Poland, Germany, France and Russia that would have reduced Presidential powers and set up early elections.

I have no love for Putin but at least I recognize that the Russia of today is not Stalin's Russia.

Voters in Ukraine’s Russian-occupied Crimea who vote in the March 16 referendum have two choices – join Russia immediately or declare independence and then join Russia.

So the choices are “yes, now” or “yes, later.”

Voting “no” is not an option.

Two choices in Crimean referendum: yes and yes

Forum List

Back