What are you listening to?

Are you feeling better, NC? :)

Yeah, Mindful. A lot better. Thanks for asking. It's a restless night, though, my legs are itching like crazy. So, I'm up and flipping through the threads here. But it's the kind of itch that feels great to scratch. I think my leg started twitching once or twice because scatching the itches felt so good. Ha. That's the body healing, they say.

Are you feeling better, NC? :)

Yeah, Mindful. A lot better. Thanks for asking. It's a restless night, though, my legs are itching like crazy. So, I'm up and flipping through the threads here. But it's the kind of itch that feels great to scratch. I think my leg started twitching once or twice because scatching felt so good. Ha. That's the body healing, they say.

Will there be scarring?

Nothing like a good scratch.

Will there be scarring?

Nothing like a good scratch.

I don't know. Probably. The way I'm being treated is with a very new technology and approach to severe burns, especially large ones. So new that my injury and treatment is being documented for something, a medical journal or something, I forget. I had my bandages changed on Monday and it looked really good, considering the severity of the wounds. My doctor is one of the best burn doctors in the country and he's the medical director, too. He's overseen it and treated it himself. I'm getting top notch medical treatment from the best doctors and staff.

The main thing is I have to watch out for the pink areas. Like my hands and knees, if I go in the sun and the sun hits it too long they said the skin would stay pink all of my life. So, I've been staying out of the sun. I can sneak out and have a coffee in the morning on the back porch,e though, since the sun riss in the east, my back porch is facing west, very pleasant in the shade. The wound itself, I would think it would scar, the burns are very deep in some areas, down to the nerves. The way they're treating me, though, the way they bandage it and apply the santyl and mepilex (some kind of antibiotic gray foam they wrap over the wound), it basically creates a sludge that turns into skin some how.

Crazy stuff, even a couple/few years ago someone with these burns would be scarred for life. With the new medical technology and approach, it seems like a very very severe and deep wound can be healed with very minimal scarring, possibly none at all. I'm anxious to know myself, but every Monday morning I go up there to have the dresssing on the legs done over again, each time it's looking better, still bad but much, much better in the worst of the worst areas. I could probably skip rope if I tried, but I'm not gonna. Ha.

Worst part is it's early spring. Everything is in blossom and it's a downer stuck inside all day.

Last edited:
Lucy Hamilton

When I close My eyes and have a little honest introspection, I think this song pertains to both sides of the firing line. We all feel this sometimes.

my debut album “old town roads” is dropping soon featuring 1. old town road 2. old town road (billy ray cyrus remix) 3. old town road (bass boosted) 4. old town road (young thug remix) 5. old town road (interlude) 6. old town road (10 hour loop) 7. old town road (acapella)

Forum List

Back