What are you prepared to do?

i ask all of my brothers and sisters this famous question from The Untouchables:

“What are you prepared to do?

View attachment 191687

I have heard a lot of talk here and elsewhere from 2nd Amendment supporters like me. How theywont turn in their guns, how it will be the next Civil War if they try to take them, I see hats with Mulon Labe on them and I see Gadson Flags flying.

But what are you REALLY prepared to do when they come? You have jobs, you have a family, a mortgage, are you ready to become an outlaw?

I have given this a lot of real thought. I have personally decided that yes, I am prepared to be an outlaw. I have a mortgage, I have a family but they are all grown and on their own now. I have a job that I love but will put in jeopardy. But I am willing.

The key I think is to defy the laws and not get caught. To have my guns and everything else too. I am making plans to that end.

This guy WILL
NOT COMPLY, EVER.

What are YOU prepared to do?
Sorry, I lost My guns in the flood.

This is awesome! The OP, who is afraid of his own shadow, is prepared to become an outlaw!

Let's see. What is the breaking point?

If you are forced to register your firearms, will you revolt?

If you are ordered to secure your weapons and told that you will be held accountable for any accidental shootings that result from your negligence, will you storm city hall?

If you are required to buy insurance for your firearms, will you refuse and start shooting people?
If you are forced to register your firearms, will you revolt?
If the government FORCED everyone to purchase a firearm would you revolt? Seems that you leftards love to FORCE your will upon everyone else...Talk about bullies.......

Hmmmm. Pass the legislation. You'll get no revolt from me. Dummy.
So, hypothetically, the Congress passes a law stating that you MUST purchase an AR-15 style weapon and you MUST pay $20,500 for it, because now that it is law, the arms manufacturers can jack up their prices, and if you don't, you are fined $3,500 a year until you comply, would you revolt?
Hmm....sounds a lot like Obamacare.
Thank you, you are correct sir.....

i ask all of my brothers and sisters this famous question from The Untouchables:

“What are you prepared to do?

View attachment 191687

I have heard a lot of talk here and elsewhere from 2nd Amendment supporters like me. How theywont turn in their guns, how it will be the next Civil War if they try to take them, I see hats with Mulon Labe on them and I see Gadson Flags flying.

But what are you REALLY prepared to do when they come? You have jobs, you have a family, a mortgage, are you ready to become an outlaw?

I have given this a lot of real thought. I have personally decided that yes, I am prepared to be an outlaw. I have a mortgage, I have a family but they are all grown and on their own now. I have a job that I love but will put in jeopardy. But I am willing.

The key I think is to defy the laws and not get caught. To have my guns and everything else too. I am making plans to that end.

This guy WILL
NOT COMPLY, EVER.

What are YOU prepared to do?
Sorry, I lost My guns in the flood.
Better yet, the IRS took my guns because I didn't pay enough in taxes, so they absconded with my weapons for payment. Want them go get them from the IRS...

You gotta laugh at people who claim they are willing to die for their guns.

Yep. Knee slapping hilarious. Take for example this comedic excerpt from the comedy movie April Morning. It depicts a group of comedians on Lexington Green who refused to lay down their arms. As you remember from school, this went down in history as the "standup comedy routine heard round the world".

It's hilarious. And what's more funny, in real life these comedians went on to create their own country.

Dream on.

This is not the 18th century and you fools wouldn’t last five minutes against a modern SWAT team much less the National Guard or the army.

You don't know much about guns, do you? The AR is much more accurate without the bump stock. If the shooter had used aimed fire, we'd have more deaths. The bump stock was simply a novelty item.

Bump stocks made the firearm LESS accurate; therefore, many lives were probably saved in Las Vegas. Besides, the gun controllers don't care about stocks. They just want CONTROL.
Bump stocks make a semi automatic fire as rapidly as an automatic. You have conveniently ignored that in your reply saying I'm ignorant about guns. Therefore, it should never have been legal to begin with. You can throw whatever silly arguments out there that you want--bump stocks save lives, all I want is to control your life--but you missed the important part right from the get go.
An attachment like that should never have been allowed on the market to begin with.

Bump stocks are garbage. I’m shocked the Vegas dude was even able to make it work. A finger works just as good as a bump stock and is 5 times as accurate.
No, the average guy's finger doesn't shoot that fast, or people wouldn't pay $200 for one of the things. However, since they're a worthless piece of plastic, I don't understand why anyone cares if they become illegal. I've never heard anyone say they're great and they would really miss it if they had to give it up. Zero. Nada.

It’s easy to mimic the action of a bump stock. There are at least two videos on YouTube showing how.
It doesn't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy that you are watching those, but since the alternatives are out there and are apparently easy and accessible, bump stocks are definitely not essential to the gun owner's arsenal, are they?
They seem to say on one hand that they are not worth shit then whine when they are banned

Bump stocks make a semi automatic fire as rapidly as an automatic. You have conveniently ignored that in your reply saying I'm ignorant about guns. Therefore, it should never have been legal to begin with. You can throw whatever silly arguments out there that you want--bump stocks save lives, all I want is to control your life--but you missed the important part right from the get go.
An attachment like that should never have been allowed on the market to begin with.

Bump stocks are garbage. I’m shocked the Vegas dude was even able to make it work. A finger works just as good as a bump stock and is 5 times as accurate.
No, the average guy's finger doesn't shoot that fast, or people wouldn't pay $200 for one of the things. However, since they're a worthless piece of plastic, I don't understand why anyone cares if they become illegal. I've never heard anyone say they're great and they would really miss it if they had to give it up. Zero. Nada.

AR normal = 5 rounds per second and accurate
AR with bump stock = 7 rounds per second and not accurate
Fully auto = 15 rounds per second

And this by an expert, I would expect a slower rate in all but the fully auto by a non expert.

The bump stock is no where near the fully auto, not even close.

500 rpm

Max, with a bump stock would actually be 420, but that is if you had a magazine that held that many rounds, and if the barrel didn't melt down, or a bullet jam.

You don’t need 420 rounds to fire at 420 rpm

Yep. Knee slapping hilarious. Take for example this comedic excerpt from the comedy movie April Morning. It depicts a group of comedians on Lexington Green who refused to lay down their arms. As you remember from school, this went down in history as the "standup comedy routine heard round the world".

It's hilarious. And what's more funny, in real life these comedians went on to create their own country.

Dream on.

This is not the 18th century and you fools wouldn’t last five minutes against a modern SWAT team much less the National Guard or the army.

You were thinking the SWAT team would be on your side? Now that is FUNNY!

And this by an expert, I would expect a slower rate in all but the fully auto by a non expert.

500 rpm

Max, with a bump stock would actually be 420, but that is if you had a magazine that held that many rounds, and if the barrel didn't melt down, or a bullet jam.

You do if the thing cant actually complete a minute. Too funny

people like US have kept your stupid liberal ass free, shame that happened, because you sure do want to be a slave of the government...
Got any examples how people like you have kept someone free?
Really kind of waiting to see how your astute observations could possibly suggest removing someone's freedom is a protection of that person's freedoms.
Is this a tacit admission that while the 2nd amendment may work for self defense it has not done anything since the revolution to keep anyone free?

:haha: ... Still waiting ... :thup:

The Patriot Act , totally orwellian in name, totalitarian and tyrannical in practice

All that's needed is a 'national emergency' for any sitting potus to essentially blow off the judicial and legislative branches

As well as throw our constitution under the bus

But you knew this....

insert Clint's iconic line as needed Mr. BlackSand....

55a13439b54650faca3e87b6290bf0a0.jpg

~S~

All artwork aside ... You cannot protect someone's particular freedom by removing that freedom ... :thup:

Dream on.

You were thinking the SWAT team would be on your side? Now that is FUNNY!

You think they will be on the side of some nit firing at them?

I hate the Patriot Act. It was a BIPARTISAN effort signed by a RINO President. The Dept. of Homeland Security (sounds like Stalin invented it) is just another unnecessary level of bureaucracy, and another agency to impact our freedoms.

500 rpm

You do if the thing cant actually complete a minute. Too funny

So if a cop pulls you over for going 80 mph you say you couldn’t be speeding because you haven’t driven 80 miles yet

Enter the bump-fire stock: While semi-automatic rifles can only fire one round with a single trigger pull, fully-automatic rifles fire multiple rounds in quick succession. A bump-fire stock bridges that gap without losing significant accuracy.

The accessory replaces the normal fixed stock with a sliding shoulder rest and a "trigger step." A shooter can achieve something close to automatic fire by "pulling apart" the rifle.

A bump-firing stock "allows you to shoot as fast as you want to", explains Jeremiah Cottle, inventor of the name brand Slide Fire stock. "You hold your finger on the trigger rest and push forward to fire the gun," Cottle said in 2011 interview, adding that, while not technically automatic, the device makes it possible to "shoot one round, two rounds, three rounds, 15 rounds or a full magazine."

Can a 'bump stock' make a AR-15 fire full-auto like a machine gun? (Yes. And it's relatively cheap, pretty easy, and completely legal)

Uh ... You can sew a short piece of bicycle tire inner tube in an sufficient alternative for the bump stock ... :thup:

Dream on.

Cowardice is always scary...

Because we should only defend our rights if we are assured victory, right?

I have no intention on wasting time legislating something rarely used in criminal activity. I am sure somewhere a baseball bat was used to kill another human being, I oppose a ban on baseball bats. Your argument is disingenuous as it does not take into account that the killer, and lets be clear here, he was a millionaire, had the resources to do far more destruction if bump stocks and AR rifles were not available to him. Speculating that he might have killed far more had he ran into a ban on these items is just as valid as speculating the death toll would have been less. And neither should be used when creating good law.
The way I look at it, bump stocks should have never been legal. DOJ or whoever let us down on that from the beginning. They passed the buck and it fell on the floor. No one picked it up until that a-hole in Vegas used one.
So to me it 's more like house cleaning.
No, it won't prevent mass shootings, but it's a by-the-way thing that needs to be done, now that we are aware of it.

You don't know much about guns, do you? The AR is much more accurate without the bump stock. If the shooter had used aimed fire, we'd have more deaths. The bump stock was simply a novelty item.

Bump stocks made the firearm LESS accurate; therefore, many lives were probably saved in Las Vegas. Besides, the gun controllers don't care about stocks. They just want CONTROL.

Do you know why the military tells our soldiers not to shoot in full auto mode?

I have no intention on wasting time legislating something rarely used in criminal activity. I am sure somewhere a baseball bat was used to kill another human being, I oppose a ban on baseball bats. Your argument is disingenuous as it does not take into account that the killer, and lets be clear here, he was a millionaire, had the resources to do far more destruction if bump stocks and AR rifles were not available to him. Speculating that he might have killed far more had he ran into a ban on these items is just as valid as speculating the death toll would have been less. And neither should be used when creating good law.
The way I look at it, bump stocks should have never been legal. DOJ or whoever let us down on that from the beginning. They passed the buck and it fell on the floor. No one picked it up until that a-hole in Vegas used one.
So to me it 's more like house cleaning.
No, it won't prevent mass shootings, but it's a by-the-way thing that needs to be done, now that we are aware of it.

THEN WHAT DOES IT ACCOMPLISH!
For the gazillionth time, it takes a device off the market that should never have been legal.

Why should it never have been legal in the first place?

And why take something off the market that makes an existing rifle less accurate?
Because it turns the action of a semi automatic into an automatic, which is for all intents and purposes ILLEGAL.

Actually the law is one pull of the trigger fires one round.
Thats still happening with a bump stock.

Forum List

Back