What are you reading?

The Great Deformation by David Stockman.

Basically he's reaffirming what I am reading from other economists ...that this nation is now captured by an elite group of insiders who, using the power of the FED and the banks that own it, are RAPING THE WORLD though manipulation of the currencies.

Oh incidentlky when I say other economists?

I am talking about economists who are usually thought to be either leftists or rightests...they are ALL telling us the same sad story.

I could never get into Koontz. I have stumbled through couple of his books, and they never took with me. I find him depressing, and boring, and predictable.

I went to St. Vinnie's the other day when I was looking for ways to avoid doing dishes, and I picked up "lost girl lost boy" or maybe it's "lost boy lost girl" by Peter Straub. And I think I like it. His books are always a little hard at the beginning, I find them tedious and I always have to go back because I'll find myself 50 pages in and discover I managed to completely miss a premise that apparently the entire book is going to hinge on....he did that to me with Ghost Story too. But I love Ghost Story, and I hope I will like this one. Once I get started. I've gone back to the beginning twice, but this last time I think it took...

On my bed I also have Bones by Joyce Thompson and Lion's Blood by Steven Barnes.

I could never get into Koontz. I have stumbled through couple of his books, and they never took with me. I find him depressing, and boring, and predictable.

I went to St. Vinnie's the other day when I was looking for ways to avoid doing dishes, and I picked up "lost girl lost boy" or maybe it's "lost boy lost girl" by Peter Straub. And I think I like it. His books are always a little hard at the beginning, I find them tedious and I always have to go back because I'll find myself 50 pages in and discover I managed to completely miss a premise that apparently the entire book is going to hinge on....he did that to me with Ghost Story too. But I love Ghost Story, and I hope I will like this one. Once I get started. I've gone back to the beginning twice, but this last time I think it took...

On my bed I also have Bones by Joyce Thompson and Lion's Blood by Steven Barnes.

I have been a life-long reader, or as close to it as one can get. Read Little Women when I was eight. So you can imagine my surprise when I called my nephew about fifty pages into Game of Thrones and said "TOO MANY CHARACTERS! I CANNOT FOLLOW!" He told me to calm down and keep reading, it would be worth it.

He was right. I think that must have been my first experience with the switched viewpoints of storytelling (not first person, but still quite confusing).

Forum List

Back