What are you reading?

I have been a life-long reader, or as close to it as one can get. Read Little Women when I was eight. So you can imagine my surprise when I called my nephew about fifty pages into Game of Thrones and said "TOO MANY CHARACTERS! I CANNOT FOLLOW!" He told me to calm down and keep reading, it would be worth it.

He was right. I think that must have been my first experience with the switched viewpoints of storytelling (not first person, but still quite confusing).

I would love to read Game Of Thrones but I can't find any novels with large print. The print in the paperbacks is too small for me to read, even with my glasses on. Its about one size smaller than the writing on this forum. Until I find a book with a font I can actually read, I won't be reading them any time soon!

I have been a life-long reader, or as close to it as one can get. Read Little Women when I was eight. So you can imagine my surprise when I called my nephew about fifty pages into Game of Thrones and said "TOO MANY CHARACTERS! I CANNOT FOLLOW!" He told me to calm down and keep reading, it would be worth it.

He was right. I think that must have been my first experience with the switched viewpoints of storytelling (not first person, but still quite confusing).

I would love to read Game Of Thrones but I can't find any novels with large print. The print in the paperbacks is too small for me to read, even with my glasses on. Its about one size smaller than the writing on this forum. Until I find a book with a font I can actually read, I won't be reading them any time soon!

Aww, man! You need a Kindle. Make the font whatever size you wish.

I have a Kindle but I haven't used it to purchase many books - I always find them cheaper in the store, and I admit that I do prefer the book over reading it on a little electronic device.

I have a Kindle but I haven't used it to purchase many books - I always find them cheaper in the store, and I admit that I do prefer the book over reading it on a little electronic device.

Well, hopefully GRRM will come out with large print. Of course, I can't even imagine how big the books would be.

Oh hey! Maybe you could just read with a magnifier?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Carson-Optical-Lighted-Magnifold-Magnifier/dp/B0001WB65A/ref=pd_sim_hpc_7]Amazon.com: Carson Optical Lighted Magnifold Magnifier: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Rick Atkinson has finally finished up the the Liberation Trilogy, volume 3; The Guns at Last Light...I just got it, and I am moving it straight to the top...starting it tonight, the first 2 are very very good...this one too has been lauded as equal or even better than the previous 2....

http://liberationtrilogy.com/

Carla Neggers 'The Carriage House'.

Have about five more to get through before I start on all my Mariah Stewart books.

Have about five more to get through before I start on all my Mariah Stewart books.

This is a pretty cool thread for me to find new authors!

Do you use Fantastic Fiction I love it for checking out what order series books should be read in.

I prefer to read books in order and I get shitty when I don't. The one I have just started, I should have read before I read the last book I read. So frustrated to have discovered that!

This is a pretty cool thread for me to find new authors!

Do you use Fantastic Fiction I love it for checking out what order series books should be read in.

I prefer to read books in order and I get shitty when I don't. The one I have just started, I should have read before I read the last book I read. So frustrated to have discovered that!

Same here, so I am now damn near anal on reading them in the order created.

What's your favorite(s) genre?

I like crime/thrillers best. Patricia Cornwell and Linda Fairstein are my faves, also Jodi Picoult.

"Old World, New World". 2007. A detailed and insightful account of Anglo-American relations by the excellent historian Kathleen Burk.

I hope to do my personal bit for advancing them on this excellent mb.

The Stealers Of Dreams......by Steve Lyons....a Doctor Who Adventure featuring the 9th Doctor and Rose and Capt. Jack.....

Forum List

Back