What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

tumblr_m20f2yLKUM1qjovado1_500.jpg

(fixed it)

Last edited:
Not sure that is "worse" - I mean, wouldn't it be preferential to just live/die then worry about what happens to you in the afterlife?

That being said, all the made up "drama" of society is just something we do to try to contrive a sense of importance or purpose. But why?
Ego.

Where does ego come from? Just seems strange we would just happen to "pop" into existence with all these psychology issues etc.
Don't you think it would be human nature just to survive?
Every living being wants to survive but we're unique beings in our powers of reason. Not surprising we equate that uniqueness with importance and since we're so important the fate of other creatures is not good enough for us. We want to be immortal and acknowledged to be as important to God as we so obviously merit.

We need one God at least how are good against humans. Voices are nothing good for every humans. Voices do nothing against all humans.

Not sure that is "worse" - I mean, wouldn't it be preferential to just live/die then worry about what happens to you in the afterlife?

That being said, all the made up "drama" of society is just something we do to try to contrive a sense of importance or purpose. But why?
Ego.

Where does ego come from? Just seems strange we would just happen to "pop" into existence with all these psychology issues etc.
Don't you think it would be human nature just to survive?
Every living being wants to survive but we're unique beings in our powers of reason. Not surprising we equate that uniqueness with importance and since we're so important the fate of other creatures is not good enough for us. We want to be immortal and acknowledged to be as important to God as we so obviously merit.

That is the reason why people find the concept of Christianity (that is of faith NOT WORKS) that people have a hard time with.
I think we are all selfish.
I do believe some people are born with more empathy and compassion than others.
Or would you say that is more of a learned thing?

Buddhists are more likely agnostic than atheist. The Buddha was silent about God.

I think we are all selfish.
I do believe some people are born with more empathy and compassion than others.
Or would you say that is more of a learned thing?
I'd say empathy and compassion are cultural values we learn. Biologically we're the same as the Germans who gassed millions. I like to think German culture has fundamentally changed, at least for the present.

Learning languages is not everything. I do not speak Finnish but Swedish I justifice with.

Forum List

Back