What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

It is the murderous act of killing the children that is wrong, not buying the firearm, Mr Silly.

Why should I be punished by restrictions to my freedoms when other people chose to do illegal things?

There are millions of AR 15s in the hands of American citizens that do not use them for any crime. In fact in relative terms they are very seldom used in crime. They are not the weapon of choice for the great majority of criminals.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use it in a crime? Where is the justice in that?

The greatest mass murder in American history was perpetrated using airplanes. Should we ban airplanes because some people used them for a crime?

The NRA protects my right of freedom and you despicable Libtards want to take those freedoms away.

You should be able to have an AR-15. You really need to legally use an AR-15 in your daily life I'm sure.

An AR-15 is the weapon of choice for those wanting to conduct a mass murder

Face it.....when you slaughter movie goers or small children, an AR-15 makes you look like a badass while you are doing it. When you go out in a blaze of glory, you might as well have the right weapon

Thank the NRA

bushmaster-ad1-600x450.jpg

Actually, no......rifles of any kind are the rarest weapon in crime and mass shootings....and the AR-15 even more rare.....but keep promoting it....you want it used to slaughter innocents...it is the only way you can convince people to do what you want......

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

It is against the law to shoot police officers....

It is against the law to buy a gun if you are a nut......

And yet...you anti gun nuts still aren't happy...........

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Actually, no...if you are a criminal you can't buy one.....and no matter what you do, you won't stop the crazies either....and since most of these nut jobs don't use ar-15s it doesn't matter if you ban them either.....remember...Columbine, one of the worst school shootings happened after the assault weapon ban.......and they used 10 round magazines in their rifles.....and the Santa Barbara shooter....passed a background check 3 times, once for each pistol...that's right each pistol that he used....and he also used the legal magazines to do his killling....

So your whole point is stupid....if they can't get an AR-15 they will be just as effective using several 9 mm pistols.....it is you anti gun nuts glamorizing the AR-15 that is making it so popular with school shooters......

But...then....that is the reason you are doing it.....because you want it banned....and you can't get it banned right now because it is almost never used to kill people.....so you have to make it really, really popular so the next nut jobs use it....and then you can get it banned.....as you wade through blood....and drag those bodies in front of your allies in the democrat media.........

And no....a 35 round magazine does not exist....it is 30 round magazines and you can get a 100 round magazine....which is better because the 100 round will jam the weapon and save lives......

And again....a couple of 9mm pistols will do the same job...and are more concealable.....and less prone to malfunction than the rifle...

You said you have an AR-15
What prevents you from selling it to a criminal?

Thank the NRA

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

Because they are pointless and stupid.....current background checks have not stopped the 8-9,000 gun murders each year, nor any of the mass shootings that have happened...the criminals get their guns by stealing them or having family or friends, who can pass background checks by the guns......and mass shooters in the past.....have passed multiple background checks before they went on their shooting sprees.....

Universal background checks will require registering firearms in order to track where they are going....and that is simply the first step that the anti gunners need when they get the power to ban or confiscate guns.....

Universal background checks are just another anti gun nut lie.......

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment.....

Slippery Slope logical fallacy ^^^.

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

There comes a time when rights must be compromised for the common good. I know that shocks the gun lovers, and those with communicable disease, but like zoning laws cooperation is a requirement when one lives in a society that offers a high quality of life along with freedom and security.

They care because they understand actual history, actual things that have been done after guns have actually been registered....in Australia, in Germany in the 1920s, in Britain...and everywhere else guns have been registered.....

And disarming innocent, law abiding, good people is evil.....it lets them be victims of common criminals and one day to a murderous, or unconcerned government like you have in Mexico, Rwanda, Detroit, or any of the gun control countries with gun murder rates that dwarf ours...............

Germans had a high quality of life and security...the German Jews, and other minorities....not so much...dittos the Kulaks in Russia, or the Chinese peasants....

Does history just not exist for you anti gun nuts....?

This is the United States, not Germany, Austria or GB. Every two years we change our government, sometimes radically, sometimes not; the 4th Amendment would need to be repealed or ignored as well as the Second, and the simple fact is there are insufficient resources to search every home, car or secret cache in America.

Hmmmm....explain that to the Americans of Japanese, German, and Italian decent who were put in internment camps during World War 2....and had their property confiscated...........

And the only reason that there aren't enough resources to search every home?.........because we have so many guns that aren't under government control.....but you anti gun nuts want to change that.....ask the Jews in Germany how that worked out for them, or the tribesmen in Rwanda...as they were macheted to death by government supported militias.....or the Mexicans across our border as government allied drug cartels murder Mexican citizens in their thousands......right across our border....

Do you libtards ever study history....or humanity.....?

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

Actually, no...if you are a criminal you can't buy one.....and no matter what you do, you won't stop the crazies either....and since most of these nut jobs don't use ar-15s it doesn't matter if you ban them either.....remember...Columbine, one of the worst school shootings happened after the assault weapon ban.......and they used 10 round magazines in their rifles.....and the Santa Barbara shooter....passed a background check 3 times, once for each pistol...that's right each pistol that he used....and he also used the legal magazines to do his killling....

So your whole point is stupid....if they can't get an AR-15 they will be just as effective using several 9 mm pistols.....it is you anti gun nuts glamorizing the AR-15 that is making it so popular with school shooters......

But...then....that is the reason you are doing it.....because you want it banned....and you can't get it banned right now because it is almost never used to kill people.....so you have to make it really, really popular so the next nut jobs use it....and then you can get it banned.....as you wade through blood....and drag those bodies in front of your allies in the democrat media.........

And no....a 35 round magazine does not exist....it is 30 round magazines and you can get a 100 round magazine....which is better because the 100 round will jam the weapon and save lives......

And again....a couple of 9mm pistols will do the same job...and are more concealable.....and less prone to malfunction than the rifle...

Thank the NRA

I haven't said that I have an AR-15.....and what law would keep me from selling it to a criminal.....I get a background check.....so.....I get it registered.....so.....then I sell it to a criminal and report it was stolen..........now what do you morons do? And since the AR-15 is not the weapon of choice of gangs....odds are they aren't going to buy my ar-15 anyway........they will simply steal pistols or buy them from drug addicts who steal them....or get their relatives or friends to buy them for them.....and they will report them stolen.......

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

Its a matter of trust, and we don't trust you or your ilk.

That's understandable. Anyone who wears a tinfoil hat and hides when they think they see a black helicopter is expected to have trust issues.

Just take off the damn tinfoil and see a shrink....and leave us and our guns alone.....

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

Cut through the crap. Nobody is trying to stop reasonable gun use. You want military style weapons for the war you want to have with the government. Bunch of crazies led by traitors.

Just because they quote the founders on why they have that right, does not mean that they want to go to war with the government.
Yes I'm sure that a small amount wants to do that but not the Majority of Americans.
By the way, there is a small amount of crazies on both sides.

Well what is the problem. Saying the government wants to confiscate all guns is definitely in the crazy category.

When the government bans certain sales of popular guns and bullets that is a form of taking away your guns.

Right.....and boosting the price of tin foil is leaving the right wing in danger of mind controlling gamma rays. DAMN YOU OBAMA!!!!!

The price of everything goes up eventually, but they are not banning the sale of tin foil, your point makes no sense.
I don't see anyone walking around in tin foil hats, do you?
As soon as the Dems got back in power in 2007 they tried to pass a gun ban bill
Text of H.R. 1022 110th Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 Introduced version - GovTrack.us

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

Okay, I'll play...what do you consider commone sense gun laws.........?

#1 universal background checks. No, it won't stop all crooks from buying a gun, but I believe most gun owners are honorable, and wouldn't sell to someone who can't pass a background check, but if they aren't required, nobody ever knows.

You already have that..........if you believe, as I do, that gun owners are honorable and won't sell to someone who can't pass a background check......then you already have that....you can't sell to a felon...by law....a felon can't buy or carry a gun....by law........and if you want a background check because you are a citizen...you can already get them....

So your #1 common sense gun law is already here and functioning.....you know that.....right? You can't sell to a felon, and if you don't know, you can have a gun store check them already.............so your issue is already taken care of......right?

If you are selling a gun, and no background check is required, all you have is what the purchaser says about his background to go by, if you even bother to ask. Most sellers will follow the law if checks are required, but they wont take it upon themselves to go to the gun store and insist on a background check.

And then there are those who won't....the guys breaking that law right now who know they are selling a gun to felons and don't care.....

But......

You anti gunners will scoop up the guy who buys a gun from his brother....if they don't get a background check under your rules...they are now both felons...when they weren't before.........that is your goal......tripping up law abiding gun owners by creating a byzantine system of rules only a lawyer can follow....to scare people from even trying to buy or own guns.......

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

Cut through the crap. Nobody is trying to stop reasonable gun use. You want military style weapons for the war you want to have with the government. Bunch of crazies led by traitors.

No...we want the common rifle of the U.S. military and police to prevent the government from acting like governments have acted all throughout history and around the world......you guys are the delusional ones....name one government that hasn't brutalized it's people or people from another country.......like say....Ukraine...or Mexico...or Rwanda, or Russia......you guys really, really need to read actual history and not the America sucks history that you only get in public schools......

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.
Rightly so, for a multitude of perfectly legitimate reasons.
Because it would reduce profit for gun manufacturers
Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.

Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.

1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
3. Gun manufacturers make a fortune.
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"

For the NRA and gun manufacturers, they see it as "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE?

1) background checks do not stop violent crime or mass shootings and any "Universal Background Check" will require registration of guns to track who is selling them to who....which in the past has led to bans and confiscation.....yes...it has......

3) Gun manufacturers sell a product.....of course they make a lot of money......

the other 2......go back to the lib play book, those are too old......try something new.....

The fact that the post is on the political forum is evidence that it wasn't an honest question about the NRA but a intentionally provocative political issue. Any clown who claims he used to be a member of the NRA but quit because he he thinks the NRA advocates gun ownership by criminals or crazy people is either a liar or a freaking idiot. The NRA has not changed it's agenda since JFK was a life member. The democrat party has changed since JFK in a lot more ways than gun ownership.The NRA has always advocated safety and legitimate gun ownership.

Rightly so, for a multitude of perfectly legitimate reasons.
Because it would reduce profit for gun manufacturers
Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.
Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.
1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
3. Gun manufacturers make a fortune.
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
For the NRA and gun manufacturers, they see it as "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE?
:lol:
You just described how UBC would INCREASE profits for gun manufacturers.
:lol:.
Can't keep your lies straight, eh?

Now that's stupid. Enacting UBC would quickly prove nobody is taking anybody's guns.

Sorry....we know how you guys think and what you want....and what you have done in the past, both here and overseas.....you have already had your assault weapon ban....which did nothing to stop crime or mass shooting.....so we know this is what you want.....so no more....we have catered to your craziness already and not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment will be given up to your fear......

[

Traffic laws and gun laws are not exactly the same thing, but traffic laws do discriminate between people for exactly the reasons you list. A cop or ambulance can, after following proper procedures, run a red light, speed, go the wrong way on a one way road, and a host of other things that you or I can't. Trucks with a proper escort can ignore almost any traffic law, within reason. No reasonable law can deny anything "JUST BECAUSE", and only an idiot would think any reasonable law could.

You have no Constitutional right to drive on public roads. The state can deny you that privilege any time it wants for any one of many reasons.

The courts may determine that since you pay your taxes you must be allowed to drive on the roads as long as you obey the rules as part of a due process determination but that is as far as it goes.

However, you do have a Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed.

Life's a bitch, huh?

For once, be honest. Why specifically do you feel so strongly about having no restrictions on gun ownership? The normal usages, such as hunting, sport shooting, reasonable self protection, etc. are not harmed or endangered in any way by reasonable regulation. The only other reason I can think of is that you fear either an invasion from some outside country, or an internal overthrow of our government, or it is just another front to fight your political battles. Let's get past the nit picking. Tell me what your real reason is.

We already have thousands of reasonable laws on the books....felons can't buy guns, the mentally ill can't buy guns, you have to go through a background check when you buy a gun.....

They are never enough for you guys....we know how you think, we know what you want and we understand history...no more......

Now, suppose you are batshit crazy and hear voices telling you to kill

Your parents know you are crazy. Your teachers and neighbors all know you are crazy. Everyone who meets you thinks you are dangerous

Who is going to defend your right to buy a firearm of your choice?

Thank the NRA

actually, no....the NRA does not support the dangerously mentally ill getting guns...that is a lie.....

Thank the NRA

I haven't said that I have an AR-15.....and what law would keep me from selling it to a criminal.....I get a background check.....so.....I get it registered.....so.....then I sell it to a criminal and report it was stolen..........now what do you morons do? And since the AR-15 is not the weapon of choice of gangs....odds are they aren't going to buy my ar-15 anyway........they will simply steal pistols or buy them from drug addicts who steal them....or get their relatives or friends to buy them for them.....and they will report them stolen.......

Thank the NRA that criminals will always have an unfettered access to the gun of their choice

Your parents know you are crazy. Your teachers and neighbors all know you are crazy. Everyone who meets you thinks you are dangerous

Thank the NRA

actually, no....the NRA does not support the dangerously mentally ill getting guns...that is a lie.....

But they do block background checks to verify whether someone is mentally ill

Thank the NRA

This is the United States, not Germany, Austria or GB.
Correct. And in the US, everyone's rights matter, not just the rights of people you like, or the rights you like.
You don't care abour rights you do not like -- maybe you should move.

Once again you ignore the obvious and move on to the extreme. You have a right to own "arms", but that right, like the rights in the First Amendment, come with responsibilities and limitations.

For some of them, see: Gun laws in California - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Thus the argument that the Second is sacrosanct is incorrect, notwithstanding the majority's circular reasoning in Heller [District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)]

This is the United States, not Germany, Austria or GB.
Correct. And in the US, everyone's rights matter, not just the rights of people you like, or the rights you like.
You don't care abour rights you do not like -- maybe you should move.
Once again you ignore the obvious and move on to the extreme. You have a right to own "arms", but that right, like the rights in the First Amendment, come with responsibilities and limitations.
:lol:
Under the 1st amendment you can express anything you want in any manner you want unless it harms someone or places them in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.
How do you translate that to the rights protected by the 2nd amendment, and why?

Thank the NRA

Thank the NRA that criminals will always have an unfettered access to the gun of their choice

You do realize....France has more gun control than we do....they don't have gun stores, you can't own any guns without an anal exam from the government and you can't own 30 round magazines, and you can't own hand guns or hand grenades or a rocket propelled grenade...right? France is more strict than we are on all of those things...right?

You will acknowledge that.....right.....and all the countries around France are just as strict in their control of their guns...right?

And still, 3 terrorists, one a convicted criminal, and 2 of them on government, terrorist watch lists got fully automatic rifles, hand guns, hand grenades, and a rocket propelled grenade...and 30 round magazines.....they crossed an international border into a country that also prohibits all of those things, Belgium....and for 5,000 dollars they got all of those things.......

And they have no NRA in France...they don't even have gun stores in France......

And one week later 10 masked men, with fully automatic rifles shot up a neighborhood where the Prime minister was going to give a speech about how the crime rate in France was down.....you acknowledge that don't you.......right?

So criminals in the U.S. as well as France, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Belgium, and Australia are going to get whatever guns they want or need.....right? Fully automatic rifles....not civilian AR-15s that you keep harping on....right?

So your position is stupid......

Thank the NRA

But they do block background checks to verify whether someone is mentally ill

Thank the NRA

No....they block the anti gun nut job excuse of prohibiting normal people who have insomnia from having a gun background check for the mentally ill....remember...we know how you think and what you want.......so nice try......

[

You can thank Obama. He gave the criminals guns in Fast and Furious.

Also, his refusal to seal the border will insure that the criminals in the US will also have all the guns they will ever want.

Forum List

Back