What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Do you like like this to your kids?
Very rarely. Only when they did really stupid stuff.
So... why do you like like this to us?
Because you are saying really stupid stuff.
Ah... so you admit that you ARE lying.
:clap:
Not sure how you came to that conclusion,...
Yes, yes you are.
I asked: Why do you like like this to us?
You responded: Because you are saying really stupid stuff
No way to argue that you did not admit to lying -- unless you also lie to yourself.
Why do you lie to yourself?

Traffic laws and gun laws are not exactly the same thing....
And so any comparison is invalid. Thank you.
but traffic laws do discriminate between people for exactly the reasons you list. A cop or ambulance can, after following proper procedures, run a red light....
Invalid comparison
A cop in this context is not a person, but an actor of the state.
Be careful not to pull a muscle when you stretch that far. The cop is always a person. The laws just discriminates because of his position.
Why don't you realize you just agreed with my statement?

Because to say I agree with your statement would be just as wrong as you saying it. You can't change reality just by saying something that isn't true is.

Traffic laws and gun laws are not exactly the same thing....
And so any comparison is invalid. Thank you.
but traffic laws do discriminate between people for exactly the reasons you list. A cop or ambulance can, after following proper procedures, run a red light....
Invalid comparison
Be careful not to pull a muscle when you stretch that far. The cop is always a person. The laws just discriminates because of his position.
Why don't you realize you just agreed with my statement?
Because to say I agree with your statement would be just as wrong as you saying it. You can't change reality just by saying something that isn't true is.
:roll:
You have no clue as to what you're trying to say.

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

Cut through the crap. Nobody is trying to stop reasonable gun use. You want military style weapons for the war you want to have with the government. Bunch of crazies led by traitors.

Just because they quote the founders on why they have that right, does not mean that they want to go to war with the government.
Yes I'm sure that a small amount wants to do that but not the Majority of Americans.
By the way, there is a small amount of crazies on both sides.

Well what is the problem. Saying the government wants to confiscate all guns is definitely in the crazy category.

1. If the goal is to confiscate guns, ALL background checks would contain a registration clause as well as much stronger limitations.
Oh look... an admission that regstration is indeed a tool for confiscation.
:clap:
And you wonder why thinking people oppose registration.
:lol:

If you think that Is what I said, you are stupid. Get an adult to read it to you.

Because it would reduce profit for gun manufacturers
Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.

Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.

1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
3. Gun manufacturers make a fortune.
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"

For the NRA and gun manufacturers, they see it as "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE?

1. Gun enthusiasts look at prior history and understand that gun registration is the first step. The
MAJORITY of background check schemes contain a gun registration clause. Not all. But most.

2. Gun enthusiasts already have guns so the people buying them now are those who didn't have them
before. Overwhelmingly when I go to a gunshop for something it is newbys buying the guns.

3. Gun manufacturers have never made a "fortune". They do contribute around 31 billion to the
economy and amazingly enough they employ more people than GM.

4. Gun manufacturers certainly advertise with the NRA but the politicians do more for gun sales than
any manufacturer ever does.

1. If the goal is to confiscate guns, ALL background checks would contain a registration clause as well as much stronger limitations.
2. 20% of gun owners own 65% of the guns. I am included in that group. Gun owners buy more guns. Others, not so much.
3. Bullshit.
4. Several politicians are owned by gun manufacturers as well. It's called diversification of assets.

The eventual goal is confiscation. There is no doubt of that. That's why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place. The Founders understood that government eventually views it's citizens as threats and they wrote the Constitution to make the process take as long as possible. That much is very clear.

That's possible. The American Revolution was started by 3% of the population. An equally unimportant number.

Fact.

Politicians are bought and paid for by special interests all the time. How many Dems dose Steyr, Bloomberg and Soros have in their pockets? How many in the hands of the Kochs? Don't you find it interesting that it is the billionaires who are pushing gun control? I wonder why?

So you are preparing for a revolution. Why didn't you just say that to start with? Here I was diligently trying to figure out what rational reason you could have to be so adamant, when all along you are just another crazy traitor who wants to overthrow the government. At least we settled that. Now you can go back to your crazy tinfoil hat conspiracies, and I don't have to bother wasting any more time wondering if you are sane or not. Win win.

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

It is against the law to shoot police officers....

It is against the law to buy a gun if you are a nut......

And yet...you anti gun nuts still aren't happy...........

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

Now, suppose you are batshit crazy and hear voices telling you to kill

Your parents know you are crazy. Your teachers and neighbors all know you are crazy. Everyone who meets you thinks you are dangerous

Who is going to defend your right to buy a firearm of your choice?

Thank the NRA

Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.

Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.

1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"

1. Gun enthusiasts look at prior history and understand that gun registration is the first step. The
MAJORITY of background check schemes contain a gun registration clause. Not all. But most.

2. Gun enthusiasts already have guns so the people buying them now are those who didn't have them
before. Overwhelmingly when I go to a gunshop for something it is newbys buying the guns.

3. Gun manufacturers have never made a "fortune". They do contribute around 31 billion to the

4. Gun manufacturers certainly advertise with the NRA but the politicians do more for gun sales than

2. 20% of gun owners own 65% of the guns. I am included in that group. Gun owners buy more guns. Others, not so much.
3. Bullshit.
4. Several politicians are owned by gun manufacturers as well. It's called diversification of assets.

The eventual goal is confiscation. There is no doubt of that. That's why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place. The Founders understood that government eventually views it's citizens as threats and they wrote the Constitution to make the process take as long as possible. That much is very clear.

That's possible. The American Revolution was started by 3% of the population. An equally unimportant number.

Fact.

Politicians are bought and paid for by special interests all the time. How many Dems dose Steyr, Bloomberg and Soros have in their pockets? How many in the hands of the Kochs? Don't you find it interesting that it is the billionaires who are pushing gun control? I wonder why?

So you are preparing for a revolution. Why didn't you just say that to start with? Here I was diligently trying to figure out what rational reason you could have to be so adamant, when all along you are just another crazy traitor who wants to overthrow the government. At least we settled that. Now you can go back to your crazy tinfoil hat conspiracies, and I don't have to bother wasting any more time wondering if you are sane or not. Win win.

Not at all. The fact that there are guns in the hands of the citizenry ensures that there is NO NEED for a revolution. See how that works?

[

For once, be honest. Why specifically do you feel so strongly about having no restrictions on gun ownership? The normal usages, such as hunting, sport shooting, reasonable self protection, etc. are not harmed or endangered in any way by reasonable regulation. The only other reason I can think of is that you fear either an invasion from some outside country, or an internal overthrow of our government, or it is just another front to fight your political battles. Let's get past the nit picking. Tell me what your real reason is.

I have no fear of much of anything nowadays.

I think the government is totally out of control and oppressive to the American people but I am not going to storm the White House with my ARs a blazing.

I feel safe in my home and community and I very seldom use my carry weapon.

I have all the weapons I will ever need for the range, self defense or even a militia action. In fact I could almost arm my entire neighborhood. I am at the point of having enough ammo I can shoot the rest of my life without buying another round.

I just don't like the government telling me what I can and cannot do, especially with a Constitutionally protected right. The filthy ass government controls too much of my life already.

To me registration, background checks etc are me having to get permission from the government to enjoy a right that the Bill of Rights says shall not be infringed. That sucks.

I also think that gun controls laws are ineffective in stopping any kind of crime. The evidence for that is overwhelming. All gun laws do is make it more difficult and costly for the law abiding citizen to enjoy his Constitutional rights while doing nothing to stop crime.

It is a feel good thing for the Libtards that doesn't amount to anything substantial but it does restrict the rights of Americans.

I have the Constitutionally right to keep and bear arms. The government needs to leave me alone.

If you are afraid of guns then that is fine. Restrict yourself all you want. Leave me out of it.

3. Bullshit.

Fact.

Not at all. The fact that there are guns in the hands of the citizenry ensures that there is NO NEED for a revolution. See how that works?

What ever you say sweet lips. I learned long ago that you can't convince a crazy of anything, and it's a waste of time trying. Good luck with your revolution.

You told us why you lie to us, but I need to ask again
Why do you lie to yourself?

[

For once, be honest. Why specifically do you feel so strongly about having no restrictions on gun ownership? The normal usages, such as hunting, sport shooting, reasonable self protection, etc. are not harmed or endangered in any way by reasonable regulation. The only other reason I can think of is that you fear either an invasion from some outside country, or an internal overthrow of our government, or it is just another front to fight your political battles. Let's get past the nit picking. Tell me what your real reason is.

I think the government is totally out of control and oppressive to the American people but I am not going to storm the White House with my ARs a blazing.

I have all the weapons I will ever need for the range, self defense or even a militia action. In fact I could almost arm my entire neighborhood. I am at the point of having enough ammo I can shoot the rest of my life without buying another round.

I just don't like the government telling me what I can and cannot do, especially with a Constitutionally protected right. The filthy ass government controls too much of my life already.

To me registration, background checks etc are me having to get permission from the government to enjoy a right that the Bill of Rights says shall not be infringed. That sucks.

I also think that gun controls laws are ineffective in stopping any kind of crime. The evidence for that is overwhelming. All gun laws do is make it more difficult and costly for the law abiding citizen to enjoy his Constitutional rights while doing nothing to stop crime.

It is a feel good thing for the Libtards that doesn't amount to anything substantial but it does restrict the rights of Americans.

I have the Constitutionally right to keep and bear arms. The government needs to leave me alone.

If you are afraid of guns then that is fine. Restrict yourself all you want. Leave me out of it.

OK. Just a heads up for you. The price of tin foil was up 12 cents at the store this morning. Does that mean the restrictive government is trying to ban your fashionable hats? Better start hoarding that along with your bullets. You don't want to be caught hatless when they start targeting you with those gamma rays.

[
Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
There no logic involved at all here as traffic laws are not intended to prevent deaths.
Laws cannot prevent people form breaking the law; any such law is passed to no good purpose.
laws that restrict the exercise of a right to no good purpose violate the constitution.

Define "good purpose".

Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

Cut through the crap. Nobody is trying to stop reasonable gun use. You want military style weapons for the war you want to have with the government. Bunch of crazies led by traitors.

Just because they quote the founders on why they have that right, does not mean that they want to go to war with the government.
Yes I'm sure that a small amount wants to do that but not the Majority of Americans.

Well what is the problem. Saying the government wants to confiscate all guns is definitely in the crazy category.

When the government bans certain sales of popular guns and bullets that is a form of taking away your guns.

When the government bans certain sales of popular guns and bullets that is a form of taking away your guns.

Right.....and boosting the price of tin foil is leaving the right wing in danger of mind controlling gamma rays. DAMN YOU OBAMA!!!!!

[

OK. Just a heads up for you. The price of tin foil was up 12 cents at the store this morning. Does that mean the restrictive government is trying to ban your fashionable hats? Better start hoarding that along with your bullets. You don't want to be caught hatless when they start targeting you with those gamma rays.

I was honest in my answer and you responded will some silly shit so fuck you.

[
There no logic involved at all here as traffic laws are not intended to prevent deaths.
Laws cannot prevent people form breaking the law; any such law is passed to no good purpose.
laws that restrict the exercise of a right to no good purpose violate the constitution.
Define "good purpose".
"No good purpose" in that there is no sound reason to have a law.that tries to prevent people from breaking a law, because no law can do so. Laws that cannot achieve there intended effect serve only to restrict without providing benefit.

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

It is against the law to shoot police officers....

It is against the law to buy a gun if you are a nut......

And yet...you anti gun nuts still aren't happy...........

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

Actually, no...if you are a criminal you can't buy one.....and no matter what you do, you won't stop the crazies either....and since most of these nut jobs don't use ar-15s it doesn't matter if you ban them either.....remember...Columbine, one of the worst school shootings happened after the assault weapon ban.......and they used 10 round magazines in their rifles.....and the Santa Barbara shooter....passed a background check 3 times, once for each pistol...that's right each pistol that he used....and he also used the legal magazines to do his killling....

So your whole point is stupid....if they can't get an AR-15 they will be just as effective using several 9 mm pistols.....it is you anti gun nuts glamorizing the AR-15 that is making it so popular with school shooters......

But...then....that is the reason you are doing it.....because you want it banned....and you can't get it banned right now because it is almost never used to kill people.....so you have to make it really, really popular so the next nut jobs use it....and then you can get it banned.....as you wade through blood....and drag those bodies in front of your allies in the democrat media.........

And no....a 35 round magazine does not exist....it is 30 round magazines and you can get a 100 round magazine....which is better because the 100 round will jam the weapon and save lives......

And again....a couple of 9mm pistols will do the same job...and are more concealable.....and less prone to malfunction than the rifle...

[

I was honest in my answer and you responded will some silly shit so fuck you.
He lies to us and he lies to himself -- what do you expect?

Forum List

Back