What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Just over at extranosalley they explained one reason they wanted to ban the green tip ammo........when a country is invaded, partisans with hunting ammo can be summarily executed as war criminals.....where as those who are provided their ammo from their government...military grade ammo...are protected under the Geneva convention....

Check this out....see if it is true or not.......

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

Actually, no...if you are a criminal you can't buy one.....and no matter what you do, you won't stop the crazies either....and since most of these nut jobs don't use ar-15s it doesn't matter if you ban them either.....remember...Columbine, one of the worst school shootings happened after the assault weapon ban.......and they used 10 round magazines in their rifles.....and the Santa Barbara shooter....passed a background check 3 times, once for each pistol...that's right each pistol that he used....and he also used the legal magazines to do his killling....

So your whole point is stupid....if they can't get an AR-15 they will be just as effective using several 9 mm pistols.....it is you anti gun nuts glamorizing the AR-15 that is making it so popular with school shooters......

But...then....that is the reason you are doing it.....because you want it banned....and you can't get it banned right now because it is almost never used to kill people.....so you have to make it really, really popular so the next nut jobs use it....and then you can get it banned.....as you wade through blood....and drag those bodies in front of your allies in the democrat media.........

And no....a 35 round magazine does not exist....it is 30 round magazines and you can get a 100 round magazine....which is better because the 100 round will jam the weapon and save lives......

And again....a couple of 9mm pistols will do the same job...and are more concealable.....and less prone to malfunction than the rifle...

You said you have an AR-15
What prevents you from selling it to a criminal?

Thank the NRA

I haven't said that I have an AR-15.....and what law would keep me from selling it to a criminal.....I get a background check.....so.....I get it registered.....so.....then I sell it to a criminal and report it was stolen..........now what do you morons do? And since the AR-15 is not the weapon of choice of gangs....odds are they aren't going to buy my ar-15 anyway........they will simply steal pistols or buy them from drug addicts who steal them....or get their relatives or friends to buy them for them.....and they will report them stolen.......

Thank the NRA that criminals will always have an unfettered access to the gun of their choice

You do realize....France has more gun control than we do....they don't have gun stores, you can't own any guns without an anal exam from the government and you can't own 30 round magazines, and you can't own hand guns or hand grenades or a rocket propelled grenade...right? France is more strict than we are on all of those things...right?

You will acknowledge that.....right.....and all the countries around France are just as strict in their control of their guns...right?

And still, 3 terrorists, one a convicted criminal, and 2 of them on government, terrorist watch lists got fully automatic rifles, hand guns, hand grenades, and a rocket propelled grenade...and 30 round magazines.....they crossed an international border into a country that also prohibits all of those things, Belgium....and for 5,000 dollars they got all of those things.......

And they have no NRA in France...they don't even have gun stores in France......

And one week later 10 masked men, with fully automatic rifles shot up a neighborhood where the Prime minister was going to give a speech about how the crime rate in France was down.....you acknowledge that don't you.......right?

So criminals in the U.S. as well as France, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Belgium, and Australia are going to get whatever guns they want or need.....right? Fully automatic rifles....not civilian AR-15s that you keep harping on....right?

So your position is stupid......

France has a murder rate of 1.0
The US, thanks to the NRA has a murder rate of 4.7 almost five times as high

So your position is stupid

[

Thank the NRA that criminals will always have an unfettered access to the gun of their choice

You can thank Obama. He gave the criminals guns in Fast and Furious.

Also, his refusal to seal the border will insure that the criminals in the US will also have all the guns they will ever want.

The guns at the border are flowing from the US into Mexico

Thanks to the NRA

Actually, no...if you are a criminal you can't buy one.....and no matter what you do, you won't stop the crazies either....and since most of these nut jobs don't use ar-15s it doesn't matter if you ban them either.....remember...Columbine, one of the worst school shootings happened after the assault weapon ban.......and they used 10 round magazines in their rifles.....and the Santa Barbara shooter....passed a background check 3 times, once for each pistol...that's right each pistol that he used....and he also used the legal magazines to do his killling....

So your whole point is stupid....if they can't get an AR-15 they will be just as effective using several 9 mm pistols.....it is you anti gun nuts glamorizing the AR-15 that is making it so popular with school shooters......

But...then....that is the reason you are doing it.....because you want it banned....and you can't get it banned right now because it is almost never used to kill people.....so you have to make it really, really popular so the next nut jobs use it....and then you can get it banned.....as you wade through blood....and drag those bodies in front of your allies in the democrat media.........

And no....a 35 round magazine does not exist....it is 30 round magazines and you can get a 100 round magazine....which is better because the 100 round will jam the weapon and save lives......

And again....a couple of 9mm pistols will do the same job...and are more concealable.....and less prone to malfunction than the rifle...

Thank the NRA

I haven't said that I have an AR-15.....and what law would keep me from selling it to a criminal.....I get a background check.....so.....I get it registered.....so.....then I sell it to a criminal and report it was stolen..........now what do you morons do? And since the AR-15 is not the weapon of choice of gangs....odds are they aren't going to buy my ar-15 anyway........they will simply steal pistols or buy them from drug addicts who steal them....or get their relatives or friends to buy them for them.....and they will report them stolen.......

You do realize....France has more gun control than we do....they don't have gun stores, you can't own any guns without an anal exam from the government and you can't own 30 round magazines, and you can't own hand guns or hand grenades or a rocket propelled grenade...right? France is more strict than we are on all of those things...right?

You will acknowledge that.....right.....and all the countries around France are just as strict in their control of their guns...right?

And still, 3 terrorists, one a convicted criminal, and 2 of them on government, terrorist watch lists got fully automatic rifles, hand guns, hand grenades, and a rocket propelled grenade...and 30 round magazines.....they crossed an international border into a country that also prohibits all of those things, Belgium....and for 5,000 dollars they got all of those things.......

And they have no NRA in France...they don't even have gun stores in France......

And one week later 10 masked men, with fully automatic rifles shot up a neighborhood where the Prime minister was going to give a speech about how the crime rate in France was down.....you acknowledge that don't you.......right?

So criminals in the U.S. as well as France, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Belgium, and Australia are going to get whatever guns they want or need.....right? Fully automatic rifles....not civilian AR-15s that you keep harping on....right?

No....the criminals in Europe have as much access to guns as our criminals do, for some reason they chose not to use those guns. France and Europe are awash in illegal guns from the various conflicts in the Balkans and other places......and it is obviously very easy to get illegal, fully automatic rifles as well as hand guns in France, and Belgium and Denmark....they chose not to......why? Ask them......but make no mistake, they have as much access to guns as they want.....their laws do not stop their criminals from getting the guns they want or need.....dittos Britain, Australia and Canada.....

[

Also, his refusal to seal the border will insure that the criminals in the US will also have all the guns they will ever want.

Thanks to the NRA

Actually, you are wrong again....the majority of guns in Mexico come from Europe and China....it is too hard to get guns from America....very easy from Europe and China.......

Unless eric holder and obama are forcing gun stores to sell guns to the drug cartels.....

They are ruthless businessmen w/radical ideas that do any and everything to make a buck out of selling guns.

While there may be some truth to that it misses the point. The NRA represents a fundamental part of this nation's history of gun culture, and is the only organized defense against undermining Second Amendment rights. If it were up to Democrat politicians we'd be Australia right now, they'd give everything away in a heart beat. And you can open that can of worms if you want, but it isn't going anywhere. If anything the more Democrats mention gun control the more nervous and mistrustful of government people become. I believe that's true across a wide spectrum of American political orientation. In fact, as a Democrat and an NRA member, if Democratic candidates even give lip service to the idea of gun control in 2016, they can use those lips to suck my dick and kiss my ass before they get my vote.

[

Thanks to the NRA

Actually, you are wrong again....the majority of guns in Mexico come from Europe and China....it is too hard to get guns from America....very easy from Europe and China.......

Unless eric holder and obama are forcing gun stores to sell guns to the drug cartels.....

If there are significant restrictions in the US guns will flood across the border to meet the criminal demand, just like drugs do now. Not one criminal will be denied a gun if they want it.

There no logic involved at all here as traffic laws are not intended to prevent deaths.
Laws cannot prevent people form breaking the law; any such law is passed to no good purpose.
laws that restrict the exercise of a right to no good purpose violate the constitution.
I am officially nominating this post as the winner of today's SPIN POST OF THE YEAR award. In fact, this post spins so much that I think that it is biting it's on tail!
Can't handle the truth, eh?
It is impossible to enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law; laws exist not to prevent an action but to allow the state to punish people for taking that action.
Think I'm wrong? Show how.
Getting dizzy, there, Shooter?
Running away from a challenge you know you aren't up to, Val?
Don't worry -- no one is surprised

vandal runs away from most things.

True. I am especially afraid of mods....

[

You can find individual instances where any law is misapplied. That doesn't make every law wrong. As far as the 30 round magazines, they were still perfectly legal with the right permit. He didn't bother to follow the law.

Permits, license, background checks etc is the bueracratic process of the government giving you permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed to all Americans under the Bill of Rights (that shall not be infringed) and what the government can give it can abuse and take away.

There are many examples of the government abusing the right to keep and bear arms with what was sold to the Useful Idiots as "reasonable" laws. . I listed several of them in another thread and if you are confused about them I will gladly repost the examples.

The governments of Chicago and DC both thought it was reasonable that no citizen could have a handgun, even in their own home, until Heller and McDonald fixed that. Nowadays both cities are doing everything they can to circumvent the court decision so don't tell me Libtards are reasonable when it comes to gun control laws..

Put it too rest. The right to own arms is infringed, and rightful so.

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

Cut through the crap. Nobody is trying to stop reasonable gun use. You want military style weapons for the war you want to have with the government. Bunch of crazies led by traitors.

No...we want the common rifle of the U.S. military and police to prevent the government from acting like governments have acted all throughout history and around the world......you guys are the delusional ones....name one government that hasn't brutalized it's people or people from another country.......like say....Ukraine...or Mexico...or Rwanda, or Russia......you guys really, really need to read actual history and not the America sucks history that you only get in public schools......

So you think our system of government is no better than the countries you listed? Why do you hate America?

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

It is the murderous act of killing the children that is wrong, not buying the firearm, Mr Silly.

Why should I be punished by restrictions to my freedoms when other people chose to do illegal things?

There are millions of AR 15s in the hands of American citizens that do not use them for any crime. In fact in relative terms they are very seldom used in crime. They are not the weapon of choice for the great majority of criminals.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use it in a crime? Where is the justice in that?

The greatest mass murder in American history was perpetrated using airplanes. Should we ban airplanes because some people used them for a crime?

The NRA protects my right of freedom and you despicable Libtards want to take those freedoms away.

What legal right is infringed if you are able to use a bolt action rifle for your legal activities?

Why should people be limited to bolt action rifles?

You really are a concrete thinker.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.
Rightly so, for a multitude of perfectly legitimate reasons.
Because it would reduce profit for gun manufacturers
Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.

Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.

1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
3. Gun manufacturers make a fortune.
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"

For the NRA and gun manufacturers, they see it as "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE?

1) background checks do not stop violent crime or mass shootings and any "Universal Background Check" will require registration of guns to track who is selling them to who....which in the past has led to bans and confiscation.....yes...it has......

3) Gun manufacturers sell a product.....of course they make a lot of money......

the other 2......go back to the lib play book, those are too old......try something new.....

I know better than to try having a logical discussion with a crazy who is preparing for some imagined civil war. Believe what you want. I'm not qualified to convince delusional people of anything.

Thank the NRA

No....the criminals in Europe have as much access to guns as our criminals do, for some reason they chose not to use those guns. France and Europe are awash in illegal guns from the various conflicts in the Balkans and other places......and it is obviously very easy to get illegal, fully automatic rifles as well as hand guns in France, and Belgium and Denmark....they chose not to......why? Ask them......but make no mistake, they have as much access to guns as they want.....their laws do not stop their criminals from getting the guns they want or need.....dittos Britain, Australia and Canada.....
Neither criminals nor common citizens have the access to the guns available in the US
It results in not only five times the murder rate but an increased suicide rate

Because it would reduce profit for gun manufacturers
Universal background checks would reduce profits for the gun manufacturers?
You obviously aren't thinking as this is an inane assertion.
Just because it's more complex than you are comfortable with doesn't mean it is inane.
1. Gun nuts see background checks as evidence of "THEY'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
2. Gun nuts frantically say "I HAVE TO BUY MORE GUNS NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
3. Gun manufacturers make a fortune.
4. Gun manufacturers give the NRA lots of money to keep telling the GUN NUTS that "THEY ARE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS"
For the NRA and gun manufacturers, they see it as "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE?
:lol:
You just described how UBC would INCREASE profits for gun manufacturers.
:lol:.
Can't keep your lies straight, eh?

Now that's stupid. Enacting UBC would quickly prove nobody is taking anybody's guns.

Sorry....we know how you guys think and what you want....and what you have done in the past, both here and overseas.....you have already had your assault weapon ban....which did nothing to stop crime or mass shooting.....so we know this is what you want.....so no more....we have catered to your craziness already and not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment will be given up to your fear......

Right. Besides the fact that I have never been overseas, I don't doubt the fact that you actually believe all that crazy shit. Sad for you and your family.

[

Traffic laws and gun laws are not exactly the same thing, but traffic laws do discriminate between people for exactly the reasons you list. A cop or ambulance can, after following proper procedures, run a red light, speed, go the wrong way on a one way road, and a host of other things that you or I can't. Trucks with a proper escort can ignore almost any traffic law, within reason. No reasonable law can deny anything "JUST BECAUSE", and only an idiot would think any reasonable law could.

You have no Constitutional right to drive on public roads. The state can deny you that privilege any time it wants for any one of many reasons.

The courts may determine that since you pay your taxes you must be allowed to drive on the roads as long as you obey the rules as part of a due process determination but that is as far as it goes.

However, you do have a Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed.

Life's a bitch, huh?

For once, be honest. Why specifically do you feel so strongly about having no restrictions on gun ownership? The normal usages, such as hunting, sport shooting, reasonable self protection, etc. are not harmed or endangered in any way by reasonable regulation. The only other reason I can think of is that you fear either an invasion from some outside country, or an internal overthrow of our government, or it is just another front to fight your political battles. Let's get past the nit picking. Tell me what your real reason is.

We already have thousands of reasonable laws on the books....felons can't buy guns, the mentally ill can't buy guns, you have to go through a background check when you buy a gun.....

They are never enough for you guys....we know how you think, we know what you want and we understand history...no more......

Wrong. All those people you list can easily buy a gun whenever they want to. They don't have to have a background check.

Neither criminals nor common citizens have the access to the guns available in the US

again....Japan and South Korea have absolute gun control and over 2x the rate of suicide...guns are not the issue...and Europe is filled with illegal guns.....and tell those 10 guys with the fully automatic weapons that they can't get guns.....

yes, French criminals have access to any gun they want to use....and they are usually used in drug related crime, just like here....

Hooded gunmen fire rifles at police in Marseille France - NY Daily News

Hooded and masked gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles opened fire on police Monday in a drug-ridden section of Marseille in southern France.

No one was reported injured and cops had sealed off a section of the La Castellane neighborhood, known to many in France’s second-largest city as an open-air drug market.

The reported shooting comes on the same day that Prime Minister Manuel Valls arrived in Marseille to discuss a recent drop in crime. And France has been on high alert since last month, when heavily armed jihadis killed 17 people during a three-day reign of terror around Paris.

And this is how easy it is to get guns in France....

This story tracks gun smuggling in Europe.....lots of it....

European Police Face Being Outgunned by Jihadists WIth Assault Rifles

French police believe rifles are on sale in French cities for between €1,000 and €1,500. Earlier this month, Philippe Capon, head of the French police union UNSA, told Bloomberg News, “The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms.” A French police source told TIME that the weapons from the Charlie Hebdo attack came from the Balkans.

That is not the only source of weaponry. Donald says he fears that the continent might be facing a fresh influx of weapons from North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring revolts. In August, 2011, Libyan rebels looted large quantities of mortars, tank shells and other munitions when Moammar Gaddafi’s regime collapsed. Although most of those weapons are believed to have filtered across North and West Africa, some could also have made their way to Europe.

The arms traffickers have flourished in the absence of well-financed antiweapons units in Europe, where law enforcement has for years tended to plow money into stopping drug-dealing and other crimes. “We don’t fully understand the scale of the problem because we have not had specialized units,” says Donald, referring to law-enforcement agencies in different E.U. countries. “It is a question of priorities. Any police officer will tell you it [resources] is a constant struggle.”

The trade in illegal weapons can earn enormous profits for organized criminal gangs — enough to make the risk of capture worthwhile. Donald says recent investigations have found arms traffickers investing about €30,000 in a shipment of Balkan-era weapons, refurbishing them in their garages, then selling them for them for about 10 times the price. “That’s a huge mark-up,” he says.

aanother story on ease terrorists get guns....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned. Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

Forum List

Back