What band do you WISH you had gotten to see live?

Gary Moore had just left them too.....i would have liked to have seen him as one of the Guitarists....
As long as Phil was on vocals though.

I think there are only a few iconic guitarists (Brian May, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi) where if they are taken from the group seriously affect the dynamic.

Not saying Gary's didn't but...Phils vocals carry that show.

well since the thread is morphing a little into what GREAT bands you have seen I will post 2 of my favorites.

1. KISS. I mean do I have to go any further?

2. Nickleback. Now im sure there will be some snickers and haters out there. I didn't buy the tickets. I was asked to go by a friend so I went. And im telling you, they were BAD ASS. Great pyro. amazing show. They sounded SO GOOD I have no doubt they were using aids.....like tracks.....but damn it was a great show.

well since the thread is morphing a little into what GREAT bands you have seen I will post 2 of my favorites.

1. KISS. I mean do I have to go any further?

2. Nickleback. Now im sure there will be some snickers and haters out there. I didn't buy the tickets. I was asked to go by a friend so I went. And im telling you, they were BAD ASS. Great pyro. amazing show. They sounded SO GOOD I have no doubt they were using aids.....like tracks.....but damn it was a great show.
Best show I ever went to was Pantera, and White Zombie.

I remember Zombie opened the show with Thunderkiss 65

It was pitch black for the opening riffs and then when the drums hit...the stage lights popped on and everyone went ape shit.

I remember seeing this kid run at full sprint and swan dive in the middle of the pit...it was like throwing a strawberry into a blender.

KISS "Hot in the Shade" tour.

Amazing opening. Eric Carr was a god to me on the drums!!!!!!

The Sphinx head (on the cover of the album) opens its mouth and all 4 members are standing there with lights and lasers behind them. Ill never forget how amazing that looked!!!!!

They rocked.

As long as Phil was on vocals though.

I think there are only a few iconic guitarists (Brian May, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi) where if they are taken from the group seriously affect the dynamic.

Not saying Gary's didn't but...Phils vocals carry that show.
yea he sang everything.....

Sadly, I never did get to see the female trio act in country music from back in the day named SheDaisy. I don't think that they tour anymore because they may not even be doing music anymore.

God bless you and the sisters always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of them)

Sadly, I never did get to see the female trio act in country music from back in the day named SheDaisy. I don't think that they tour anymore because they may not even be doing music anymore.

God bless you and the sisters always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of them)
I forgot about them!!! I did have a country music phase during the time they were popular.

^^^ I was able to take an okay picture of them when I went to my one and only CMA Music Festival back in 2000, but I was never able to actually meet them or hear them sing live.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Ive been a musician since I was 14 years old. Currently 51. I started playing drums at that age of 14. I have been to a LOT of concerts. I came of age musically during the AWESOME time of the 1980s. Hair bands and "glam metal" was my thing. When I was around 16 years old I was introduced to RUSH by a friend of mine. My life was changed forever. I have been a Neil Peart fan ever since.

I have spent literally WEEKS in a drum room working on learning his music. He was much MUCH more than a drummer. He was literally a modern day composer. When his death was announced it was a gut punch that I cant really describe. As silly as it sounds, it felt like I had lost a relative.

Well as I am sure you have figured out by the title of the thread.....I GREAT REGRET not getting to see Rush live. As home theater is another hobby of mine, I have seen their live performances on a 120 inch screen with a pretty amazing surround sound set up but its just not the same.

Dont put off till tomorrow what you want to do today. You just may not get the chance.
I was very fortunate to see Rush in concert six times in the 70's and 80's, and they were always great.

The first one they opened for Ted Nugent in 1975, then in 1976 I had front row for 2112 when I was 15.....then 4 more times up until the Power Windows tour in 87 or 88.

I guess it seems fitting that Neil Peart and Eddie Van Halen died the same year . (those damn cigarettes )

Muhammad Ali said he was the greatest before he became the greatest. We manifest our own future whether we realize it or not.

My answer to your question is Pink Floyd and would like to see Dream Theater sometime......maybe Joe Satriani.

Last edited:
all three would be GREAT shows im sure. I haven't seen any of those.
I grew up in the 70's in NE Ohio..... next to east coast and west coast we got ALL the great shows --- the list is too long, but I've seen them all just about . Zeppelin, Yes, Triumph, The Who, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Queen and Thin Lizzy, Paul McCartney and Wings... Santana a few times.....too many to list.

We ( friends and I) had tickets for Lynyrd Skynyrd @ KSU in 77 before the plane crash .:(

I grew up in the 70's in NE Ohio..... next to east coast and west coast we got ALL the great shows --- the list is too long, but I've seen them all just about . Zeppelin, Yes, Triumph, The Who, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Queen and Thin Lizzy, Paul McCartney and Wings... Santana a few times.....too many to list.

We ( friends and I) had tickets for Lynyrd Skynyrd @ KSU in 77 before the plane crash .:(
Awesome. My time was the 80s and I saw most all of the great bands from that era. Some before they got really big at very small venues. I hung out with Alice N Chains on their bus before they played a very small club in Memphis. I was friends with a band that got signed and made an album. Nirvana came along and killed their career before it got started.

Good times.

They were announcing Led Zeppelin finally appearing in Mpls, with a ticket date soon, then John Bonham died.
:(

Forum List

Back