🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 What Comes After Death?

I do find it interesting, that humans, for a very long time, regardless of culture, race, separated by vast distances, have all believed in some type of spirit.
Native Americans, not influenced by any of the mainstream religions, believed in the spirit world. Perhaps this is a derivative of ancient South American Mayans and other civilizations (I'm no anthropologist so I am only assuming a connection between Native Americans and South American civilizations).

But with no evidence to support the existence of spirituality, ancient humans have always pointed to an afterlife.

I do find it interesting, that humans, for a very long time, regardless of culture, race, separated by vast distances, have all believed in some type of spirit.
Native Americans, not influenced by any of the mainstream religions, believed in the spirit world. Perhaps this is a derivative of ancient South American Mayans and other civilizations (I'm no anthropologist so I am only assuming a connection between Native Americans and South American civilizations).

But with no evidence to support the existence of spirituality, ancient humans have always pointed to an afterlife.
It's not surprising since all humans are far more alike than they are different.

It makes sense that there are similarities in our thought processes.

of course it does.

all of your mental abilities originate in the brain and it is quite common to use the terms brain and mind interchangeably

one is a metaphysical substance - physiology, the other is a metaphysical force, the spiritual content that are not mutually exclusive but through their evolution dependent as a single being and is not native to planet earth being a product of the universe.

the evolution would be more likely a reduction of the physiology where all organs would become marginalized if not removed altogether for whatever that would leave for the being is anyone's guess, skin and bones, the reproductive capability - and no brain.

blues man may already be the example w/ a non functioning brain of the future evolutionary development ... and uniquely, without the spiritual content either.

one is a metaphysical substance - physiology, the other is a metaphysical force, the spiritual content that are not mutually exclusive but through their evolution dependent as a single being and is not native to planet earth being a product of the universe.

the evolution would be more likely a reduction of the physiology where all organs would become marginalized if not removed altogether for whatever that would leave for the being is anyone's guess, skin and bones, the reproductive capability - and no brain.

blues man may already be the example w/ a non functioning brain of the future evolutionary development ... and uniquely, without the spiritual content either.

No such thing as "sprit"

It's just something we humans made up to explain shit we don't understand.

The brain creates the mind. There are no disembodied minds floating around in the ether.
There are disembodied spirits. :omg:
No such thing as "sprit"

It's just something we humans made up to explain shit we don't understand.
It's actually a good explanation for things we don't understand naturally.

We have a brain, which is the hard drive.
A mind that contains the operating system; the intellect.
Outside spirits that can improve the intellect, or corrupt it, like upgrades or malware.

Last edited:
There are disembodied spirits. :omg:

It's actually a good explanation for things we don't understand naturally.

We have a brain, which is the hard drive.
A mind that contains the operating system; the intellect.
Outside spirits that can improve the intellect, or corrupt it, like upgrades or malware.
So you believe in ghosts now, too?

And it's not a good explanation for anything.

You might as well say it's magic.

Yeah we call that schizophrenia
It can be if those spirits are evil. :omg: Demons cause all sorts of mental problems. It's actually the only logical explanation for many. However, God's indwelling spirit leads to sound-mindedness.

It can be if those spirits are evil. :omg: Demons cause all sorts of mental problems. It's actually the only logical explanation for many.

Nope.

It's all due to abnormalities of the brain and nervous system. "Spirits" "evil" or not do not control people.

Nope.

It's all due to abnormalities of the brain and nervous system. "Spirits" "evil" or not do not control people.

What about people with healthy brains that do horrific things? Do all nutty people have those 'abnormalities'.

Spirits influence people, not outright control them, generally speaking.

What about people with healthy brains that do horrific things? Do all nutty people have those 'abnormalities'.

Spirits influence people, not outright control them, generally speaking.

It's called choice.

No need to make up "spirits" as a cause for bad behaviors

It's called choice.

No need to make up "spirits" as a cause for bad behaviors
Of course, not all bad behavior is caused by evil spirits. People often choose to do evil all by themselves. Nor is all good behavior the result of God's holy spirit.

Anyway, you are in the minority as most people in the world believe in spirits. ;)

Of course, not all bad behavior is caused by evil spirits. People often choose to do evil all by themselves. Nor is all good behavior the result of God's holy spirit.

Anyway, you are in the minority as most people in the world believe in spirits. ;)
No bad behavior is caused by "evil spirits"

And I can;t help if it most people in the world believe in things that don't exist

I was thinking about this the other night, some people believe that after death comes heaven or hell, some believe in reincarnation, is there an afterlife?

What do atheists believe happens after death since there is no higher being? Mormons believe in different tiers, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in a resurrection, it is so all over the board. What about once you die, you are just dead, no afterlife, no nothing?

Just curious about people’s beliefs.
I don't know.

I believe there is something after this existence but...

Does a baby remember being a fetus?
Can a butterfly remember being a caterpillar?

I don't know what is next but I believe we, at this state of existence, have no more capability to understand "the next" than a tadpole can understand being a frog.

I'm absolutely certain that whatever is next has absolutely no relationship to any "God."

I try to prepare for the next by following that phrase Christins love to hate.

Be Good for Goodness Sake

It is odd though, most atheists when they have a funeral it is full of religious symbolism and often even scripture or the like. Why not just a quick shout out at the morgue "this man lived, now he is dead. The end"? It should be a in and out procedure, no window dressing. I believe most.want to have their cake and eat it too...live however they choose, destroy whom they want and believe God will somehow find it in himself to give them entry to heaven
Been to a lot of atheist funerals have we?

The body is dead. It hears nothing and cares about nothing.
The funeral is for the living.

Been to a lot of atheist funerals have we?

The body is dead. It hears nothing and cares about nothing.
The funeral is for the living.
The funeral is for the dead also there is no question this is why so many plan their funeral.

Forum List

Back